Sponsored by:

OT. New m3/m4

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 10:07 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
ED= Electronic Diff or Erectile Dysfunction?
European delivery!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
Looks awesome. The color is very fitting to differentiate itself from the pack. With Standard colors, it'll look plain. Rear wheels must be massive for this beast to stay on the road.
Looks okay especially if they gave it the same treatment as you did to the RS on your avatar (i.e. squeezed to be short like a Mini). I don't care about the technical benefits of longer wheelbases, etc. The M3 in a shorter wheelbase and much much lighter body coupled with smaller wheels would be a lot of fun. Also if they took a tip from Porsches 1990s turbo technology that would be enough so their cars do not wander off into limp mode. I stopped with M cars after my E36 M3 which still serves its purpose well. BMW clutches feel funny the last few years - not sure why but have heard various theories.

BMWs.. leasing okay; buying not so.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:42 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Get the 507! Just put remote start on it and it will be nice and frosty when you get in.
I drove the 507. Loved the engine power and sound, the rest (interior, seating position, gearbox) not so much. Plus my wife prefers the looks of the M3 inside and out. So M3 it is. I'll take delivery of mine tomorrow. And the Sales Manager at the dealership knows he owes me, so I'm pretty sure he'll take care good care of me in the future.

When the GT3 finally returns, the garage is complete! jumper:

Last edited by TomTom77; 05-31-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:52 AM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTom77
I drove the 507. Loved the engine power and sound, the rest (interior, seating position, gearbox) not so much. Plus my wife prefers the looks of the M3 inside and out. So M3 it is. I'll take delivery of mine tomorrow. And the Sales Manager at the dealership knows he owes me, so I'm pretty sure he'll take care good care of me in the future.

When the GT3 finally returns, the garage is complete! jumper:
Well it's settled, then. Great news!

Please don't forget us when you take pictures/videos/etc.

I'd much rather read your impressions here than at bimmerpost as that place is crawling with trolls.

Anyway, congrats!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:57 AM
smq42
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
If the GT3 at 150k is too rich but the bimmers hit your happy place then buy one. Comparing it to a GT3 and relishing in the bargain factor is just mental gymnastics to make yourself feel better every time you give a point by.
+1 And I say that as a proud 1M owner!

GT3 is in a different class altogether--no one buys a GT3 for practical reasons (back seat, trunk space, DD capability, etc.)--and comparing to M3/4 by using a value argument is apples and oranges.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:35 PM
TomTom77
Racer

Here it is... driving reviews will follow shortly, my wife is running it in the coming weeks.

Sure, it doesn't compare to the GT3, even though my M3 is 77% of my GT3s price over here. But still, first impressions are great. And I forgot about the money already...

Now when will that Akrapovic become available? Not that the sound is that bad at the moment, but this will transform it, as it always does!
Attached Images     
Old 06-01-2014, 01:57 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here it is... driving reviews will follow shortly, my wife is running it in the coming weeks.

Sure, it doesn't compare to the GT3, even though my M3 is 77% of my GT3s price over here. But still, first impressions are great. And I forgot about the money already...

Now when will that Akrapovic become available? Not that the sound is that bad at the moment, but this will transform it, as it always does!
Awesome. Did you get to drive the i8? Not in the US yet but soon.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:08 PM
TomTom77
Racer

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Awesome. Did you get to drive the i8? Not in the US yet but soon.
No, unfortunately not yet, this one isn't allowed to be driven, nor sold. The looks are great (although I'd prefer it in white), it really looks like it came back from the future (and very similar to the car showcased in Mission Impossible 3 years ago) when seen next to a normal BMW. You have to give them kudos for that, whether you like the concept or not.

Me, I'll enjoy the 100% petrol-engine for as long I can... but if this is the future, I guess it ain't too bad.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:52 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Looks great! Congrats! !
Old 06-01-2014, 11:04 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No, unfortunately not yet, this one isn't allowed to be driven, nor sold. The looks are great (although I'd prefer it in white), it really looks like it came back from the future (and very similar to the car showcased in Mission Impossible 3 years ago) when seen next to a normal BMW. You have to give them kudos for that, whether you like the concept or not.

Me, I'll enjoy the 100% petrol-engine for as long I can... but if this is the future, I guess it ain't too bad.
I agree the future is heading that way so I'm on the list for the i8 too but got on it a bit late (20 something-th), won't get one until they sort out all the new gremlins. Heck, I'm not on any forum for this car and they could be burning right and left and I'd have no clue. I like it that way, not in a rush for that one.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:55 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful wife. Beautiful car. Well done!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful.

You may want to give a thought to the akra on these turbo cars. There are zero gains to be had and I haven't been impressed with the akra sound on the Fx ///M cars. Eisenmann gets the nod in my completely subjective opinion
Old 06-02-2014, 02:25 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Originally Posted by fbirch
Beautiful wife. Beautiful car. Well done!
Thanks. Twice.

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I agree the future is heading that way so I'm on the list for the i8 too but got on it a bit late (20 something-th), won't get one until they sort out all the new gremlins. Heck, I'm not on any forum for this car and they could be burning right and left and I'd have no clue. I like it that way, not in a rush for that one.
I don't think they're delivered yet anywhere, so if they're burning left and right, I guess they'll take the factory with it...

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Congrats! Beautiful.

You may want to give a thought to the akra on these turbo cars. There are zero gains to be had and I haven't been impressed with the akra sound on the Fx ///M cars. Eisenmann gets the nod in my completely subjective opinion
Well, I put the Akrapovic Evolution on my 1M (valid, that's not an Fx but E82, yet turbo charged) and it transformed it, IMO. Sure, I don't notice the power increase (about 10 HP), but the increased sound, pops and bangs makes me feel like it does have 50 HP extra... And I love the quality of the Akrapovic exhaust and the fact that there's no droning sounds at stable speed. Will check out the Eisenmann too though.

Last edited by TomTom77; 06-02-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:33 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Love this blue on M3. Congrats. Keep the pictures coming please.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:05 AM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, Tom. Looks great and more importantly, momma looks happy!

Yas Marina Blue seems like it has too much metallic in it to photograph well. Do you agree? I'm glad I picked that color (my F82 is in Baltimore, btw) but I'm not sure any pictures convey it accurately.

Keep the pictures coming!

Quick Reply: OT. New m3/m4