Sponsored by:

991GT3 US allocations

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by JCL59
The one with the silver accents is my favorite!
Always will be the perfect one!!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by frayed
Since we have nothing else to talk about.

Dogs are great. I have 3. 1 too many actually. Here's Otis in my pickup.

The 'dog' we should have never gotten but my daughter loves 'it'.

But yeah. Standup offshore fishing with a popper and a fat bluefin during the fall run is on my bucketlist! Generally I only get to jig up some grouper and amberjack. If that fails, we dive and shoot a bunch of fish.

By catch: 8 1/2 foot shark on a Stella and a badass jigging stick from Japan called the White Wolf.

Son Jake with his first chicken dolphin

My brother 4 weeks ago with his first snapper, and his first offshore trip

Son happy at full boogie tilt at 59 mph

Parking my fishing boat at my dock

I know most car guys aren't into fishing or dogs, but that's my best effort at staying on topic.
I thought this thread has legs with the first few pics, but than it went all overboard.

Stella is beer. We can talk about beer?! Not fishing.

Nice boat, you're a boat baller like Mdrums :-)
Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Annie inspects all tires first.......
Attached Images  
Old 08-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 95 Posts

Frayed GREAT Pictures! The one with your daughter and her dog is adorable. My wife is a passionate dog enthusiast and volunteers at a couple of no kill shelters in San Diego. After her dog died, I refuse to have another because they (at least for me) are high maintenance. I have enough trouble taking care of myself.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Annie inspects all tires first.......
sniffs out any trouble LOL.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:55 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I think mike nails it here. It's not about your ability, but more your reason for purchase. Is it to "look" a certain way, or because you "value" the experience of a hardcore version. I don't believe talent or experience has anything to do with it. Now, would it make sense to work your way up to a gt3, maybe starting with a miata, so you can truly appreciate it? Maybe.
Poseurs-shmoseurs. I'm driving on the street a car covered in track stickers and rubber marbles, and I'm driving on the track on street tires with baby seats in the back, and I'm having a phenomenal blast each time. And I do not even care if my car is slower than Z06, as long as they give point-bys when I catch them and pass promptly when they catch me.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:22 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

Well, my actual build order is in as of yesterday. Said either late november or early december (which is a full month plus earlier than what I had thought)

Should be good...
Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I miss so much going fishing salt-water out.of Long Beach harbor. Especially when.the Barracuda are running off of Horseshoe Kelp, thats off of Orange County to you and me. Long Beach is only a 2 hour drive from Bakersfield. But still finding free time when so many people want your time and are more than.willing to compensate you fit it.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That doggie looks like my little boy Auggie.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
I miss so much going fishing salt-water out.of Long Beach harbor. Especially when.the Barracuda are running off of Horseshoe Kelp, thats off of Orange County to you and me. Long Beach is only a 2 hour drive from Bakersfield. But still finding free time when so many people want your time and are more than.willing to compensate you fit it.
Nice! But yeah, time is precious. . . hard to turn away people who want to make it rain on your stage but I'm working hard to make that time.

Originally Posted by Dude-
Now thats living Frayed... You got land and sea covered.
Ha! you got that brutha! Not a lot of people I know are into cars and fishing. . . I came to a conclusion that the activities appeal to mutually exclusive personalities. Guess I was wrong!

I think perhaps b/c a lot of car guys are ADHD and need a lot of sensory input to stay focused. But bringing in your first sail or battling a goliath grouper will get anyone's attention.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll get my first wahoo.

Fished Key West a few months ago and had a blast. Working on a trip to Alaska. Want a big halibut and some sablefish to ship home!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:57 AM
Dude-
Pro

Never got a goliath and hope to do it next year. My goal is to catch one of every species and it'll probably take a life time to do it. Most of my gear head buddies here are into boats and fishing. Seems like boys will be boys -fast cars, fast boats and with a little help from booze pretty women . Did you get your florida grand slam yet?

back to cars- I just received my confirmation for a december build date January delivery. Awesome help by Pusa. Glad I reserved it when I did, would have been pissed off while driving and seeing a GT3 in the hands of another poser.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:51 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,686 Likes on 2,336 Posts

frayed that's nice !
too bad I have no patient to fishing ugh.....
so what breed dog should I get to go with my 991?
chocolate or golden lab?
had gman shepherds growing up. kids thought they looked mean lol
Old 08-31-2013, 12:48 PM
frayed
Race Car

Ha mooty! I never was a 'lab' person till I got one. They are awesome dogs. My other big dog is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are awesome too. Skip the Chihuahuahooloolha. Though. Annoying animal.

Ridgebacks are smart, wickedly athletic and don't shed much; way easier to care for than a German Shep or Lab.

dude, no grand slam. That's still on the bucket list.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:47 PM
mrhamamg
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

nice color combo on the white GT3 with red wheels above!

not sure why but it wouldn't let me quote the post
Old 09-01-2013, 11:32 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Switzerland is the place to be. When I'm in Europe not working I spend my time in Munchen (Wife's from there) and Geneva (Dutch friend lives there) if I'd ever move back it would be there. just beautiful. And the beer

I worked for a Swiss company for 10 years and they sent me to the factory for 11 days for training and meetings and fun...lots of fun. This was in Nottwil around Lake Lucerne. Absolutely beautiful and the best time with the best people ever! I seriously could live there. I just cant drink the Kirsch unless I want to breath fire and lose everything in my stomach.

Quick Reply: 991GT3 US allocations