Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 - 'Shut up and drive' says Porsche GT3 boss

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,548 Likes on 818 Posts

His astounding arrogance is very Germanic. Someone should have asked a follow-up question: customers have a CHOICE to order a Cayenne SUV with a manual transmission, yet you refuse to offer GT3 customers that same CHOICE. Why?

And then the follow up to that one: why are you calling this new car a GT3?

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 04-25-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: typos
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Slowekistan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nizer
If Preuninger really believes that everyone that bought the prior GT3 is happy then he has his head buried in a deep, dark place.

Faulty coolant lines, detonating clutches, bait-and switch center-lock maintenance schedules, voided track coverage. Yeah, we're happy.

AFAIK this statement is an insult to current 997 GT3 owners.

I say man up and stand behind the stuff you sell or SHUT UP. Back to your blah, blah, bloop Andreas.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RR
What are you talking about??

He's obviously responding/talking to the idiotic criticism on the forums - including the people in this one.
aha..but these people with their "idiotic crticism" are to a large a degree gt3 customers..and no manager talks about its customers in such way ! If this crticism was coming from 10 year old children, or BMW M3 drivers...why should he even bother to answer it?

Ever seen Apple Managers, or BMW Managers using such wording? I agree, there are many strange customers on the world..whether they are buying iphones or GT3s..but one should not act in such a way.

Isnt there a saying "customer is king"..?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:08 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
His astounding arrogance is very Germanic. Someone should have asked a follow-up question: customers have a CHOICE to order a Cayenne SUV with a manual transmission, yet you refuse to offer GT3 customers that same CHOICE. Why?

And then the follow up to that one: why are you calling this new car a GT3?
exactly..
Old 04-25-2013, 10:32 AM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsche.collector
Originally Posted by RR
What are you talking about??

He's obviously responding/talking to the idiotic criticism on the forums - including the people in this one.
aha..but these people with their "idiotic crticism" are to a large a degree gt3 customers..and no manager talks about its customers in such way ! If this crticism was coming from 10 year old children, or BMW M3 drivers...why should he even bother to answer it?

Ever seen Apple Managers, or BMW Managers using such wording? I agree, there are many strange customers on the world..whether they are buying iphones or GT3s..but one should not act in such a way.

Isnt there a saying "customer is king"..?
I'm a gt3 customer and I don't take offense to what he is saying.
For the other gt3 customers that are really truly offended- don't buy the car.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowekistan
That's pretty funny.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,548 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by RR
Offended? Hardly.

Shocked & dismayed & disappointed? Yup.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Glad I have my 997.2 - but I do agree that once people have a chance to drive the 991 opinions will become more positive. I like AP - he's passionate about his product and his team - nothing wrong with that!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,312 Likes on 2,453 Posts

I don't have a problem with AP's comments or tone, except that not offering proper track seats in the car for the US is a major fail, and they should admit that. Don't try to sell us a car than can do almost 200 mph and promote its track capabilities, then not even provide basic safety equipment as an option. Irresponsible.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I don't have a problem with AP's comments or tone, except that not offering proper track seats in the car for the US is a major fail, and they should admit that. Don't try to sell us a car than can do almost 200 mph and promote its track capabilities, then not even provide basic safety equipment as an option. Irresponsible.
You'd be better off buying race seats, much lighter, safer and a whole lot less expensive.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:44 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RR
You have point...but Im not offended either..rather a bit shocked or disappointed...because such words are rather coming from people who need desperately some success. It doesnt fit his style at all..he is one of the best man at Porsche..or maybe the best..without him there would have been maybe no GT3 at all.

Nonetheless, these words were completely unnecessary..

For me anyway the main question is what engine the 2014 RSR will use..
Old 04-25-2013, 11:54 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I wonder that as well. Though someone else mentioned that the engine is already fully homologated. It can be used for 8 years after it stops appearing in any road car. Homologation doesn't expire with the end of production.

I think you all ready mentioned there is no GT3 in the RSR name, so I think it fairly easy to conclude that this GT3 engine won't be used for racing.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I have yet to meet a current GT owner that is truly happy with his ownership of the car, I have seen many that love the way it drives on track, myself included, But far from happy....
Gremans have a mouth, but no ears IMO.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:55 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,637 Likes on 2,319 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
I have yet to meet a current GT owner that is truly happy with his ownership of the car, I have seen many that love the way it drives on track, myself included, But far from happy....
i am not sure if i am happy, unhappy or nonchalant; though i do have SEVERAL different 7.2RS for sale.
but i would love to hear other RS owners' view on what made them unhappy.
yes: CL, coolant lines, nannies, engine tranny failure. these i know already and trying hard to ignore. but any other things we are unhappy about? i am just curious.

i buy p cars for some strange reasons, nothing to do with performance really. but that's a looooooooooooong story.

nothing against or for AP, but he is speaking for PAG, not for himself. frankly like it or not, when your paychk is on the line, you WILL say what you are told to say. cut me a $5MM check, i'll say a lot of things that i would not believe would come out of my own mouth. so take his comment with grain of salt.

i like how fast pdk shifts. i am in line for one. i am hoping some of my crazier friends would get theirs before me so i can drive one and see if i need to dump yet more hard earned money out the window.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Horstair
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
First spell-check your posts, and second, don't get personal
I'm German -and I do wear Lederhosen and eat Sauerkraut- but I take offense to that comment! Why don't we keep the discussion "auto-oriented"?

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 - 'Shut up and drive' says Porsche GT3 boss