Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 GT3 - Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 10:27 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 991.1 GT3 - Is this a good deal?

Hey Everyone,

I was hoping to pick some of your brains and figure out if this is a good deal... I'm currently in the talks of purchasing a 991.1 GT3 (black), bone stock with the additional options..

PCCB - confirmed carbon rotors
LWB
FAL
Extended Fuel Tank
Center Console Carbon Fiber
Door Sill guards Carbon Fiber
Yellow seat belts
Alcantara steering

Currently the deal is steering to land at $137k, the car has a clean Carfax and most importantly the engine has been swapped - the body has around 38k miles and the new engine has ~24k (seller is preparing paperwork and receipt to confirm whether it is a G6 and miles). I haven't done a PPI yet as it is the weekend but plan to do so in the coming week pending paperwork on the engine and serial.

Please let me know especially by some of you veterans if this would be a worthwhile buy and if theres anything glaring that I should be looking for, the seller was transparent that the car was tracked using a different exhaust and set of wheels + brakes and don't plan on getting a DME as it is PDK.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Aviato; 03-19-2023 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2023, 10:54 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviato
Hey Everyone,

I was hoping to pick some of your brains and figure out if this is a good deal... I'm currently in the talks of purchasing a 991.1 GT3 (black), bone stock with the additional options..

LWB
FAL
Extended Fuel Tank
Yellow seat belts
Alcantara steering

Currently the deal is steering to land at $137k, the car has a clean Carfax and most importantly the engine has been swapped - the body has around 38k miles and the new engine has ~24k (seller is preparing paperwork and receipt to confirm whether it is a G6 and miles). I haven't done a PPI yet as it is the weekend but plan to do so in the coming week pending paperwork on the engine and serial.

Please let me know especially by some of you veterans if this would be a worthwhile buy and if theres anything glaring that I should be looking for, the seller was transparent that the car was tracked using a different exhaust and set of wheels + brakes and don't plan on getting a DME as it is PDK.

Thanks in advance!
Really not bone stock when wheels, brakes and exhaust were swapped. And swapped back.

Assume it’s this car? GT3

Old 03-19-2023, 10:56 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Really not bone stock when wheels, brakes and exhaust were swapped. And swapped back.

Assume it’s this car? GT3
It is!
Old 03-19-2023, 11:05 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

I suppose people will say with prices falling and it being a 991.1 GT3 it should be less. But if it’s in good shape inside and out, you know the service history, it has a G6 and buckets - I think it’s a lot of car for that price. You might be able to find one for less - people always say this and of course it’s probably true but then you might want to just pull the trigger and enjoy a great car. I have purchased cars that have been tracked that have been fine but I knew the service and use history in detail.

the miles will affect resale - smaller pool of interested buyers going forward. It’s not a lot of miles in general but it’s a lot for the gt3 market. I would want the PDK inspected particularly

Last edited by 74goldtarga; 03-19-2023 at 11:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Aviato (03-19-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 07:50 AM
BCgeorgia
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Everyone,

LWB
FAL
Extended Fuel Tank
Yellow seat belts
Alcantara steering

Thanks in advance!
Trust, but verify! When getting the ppi, make sure to get a pic of the engine number so you have definitive proof that it is a G6. The documentation would be nice to have as well so you can also confirm the mileage on the new engine.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ne-number.html
Old 03-20-2023, 08:41 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 547 Posts

I'd wanna know why he's selling 400 miles after putting $7000 PPF on the car. Looks like a great car if you can get the full story and verify G6.
The following users liked this post:
911-140.6 (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 10:39 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

If all checks out seems like a very nice car. PPI essential. Condition of body and interior hopefully appears less than mileage. High wear and tear on body and seats not easily or cheaply fixed. The price may be a little high, but it does have desirable options. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:56 PM
itrsteve
Rennlist Member

Received 750 Likes on 415 Posts

Personally I think it's a decent buy - however, I place a large value weighting on the G6 (it's pretty much a go/no-go item) and the LWBS (which weren't too common with the .1's).

I think the only thing that you have to mentally prepare for is what starts happening to .1's in 2024 and 2025 when that mega warranty comes up and how does that factor into your ownership strategy (if at all).

Are you buying a long-term keeper or are you looking for a great value GT car in hopes to upgrade to a different model 2-3 years down the road like many do? Strictly speculation on my end, but it's tough to see how they're not going to take a near term hit (with a G6 or otherwise).
Old 03-20-2023, 04:16 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 125 Posts

Hey Everyone,

LWB
FAL
Extended Fuel Tank
Yellow seat belts
Alcantara steering

Thanks in advance!
With Hoosiers indicated with the sale, and a cage, probably some serious track activity...
Would check that the hubs have been rebuilt (at each10k track miles?)
Otherwise looks nice!
Good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by LZRD GRN:
911-140.6 (03-20-2023), djcxxx (03-20-2023)

Quick Reply: 991.1 GT3 - Is this a good deal?