Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this Touring....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 05:04 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 900fc
They did the 4 yrs service on mine before CPO mine and I have the invoice. It was $2k labor + $1.4K parts (air filter $766, spark plug, air and cabin filter, oil and brake fluid change mainly). I would say $3-4k depending on dealer to do it. If you do yourself with parts from suncoast or independent, probably $2k. Air filter requires rear bumper removal but not as difficult as it seems.
Hope it helps in your decision
No drive belt replacement? Thought this was also needed for the major 4 year service?
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (03-16-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 05:13 PM
Pani
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought the Carrara White Metallic one. The Meerblau was pretty, but I also could not justify the cost. Would be great to meet up. I think there is a get together in San Carlos on Sunday at Auto Vino

Last edited by Pani; 03-14-2023 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:15 PM
Pani
Intermediate

Yeah, I need to get some good photos. The weather here has been terrible, but hopefully will improve soon!
Old 03-14-2023, 06:28 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

This one?

https://www.porschemonterey.com/used...rader_listings
Old 03-14-2023, 09:53 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd

Thats the car I was thinking he was referring also
Old 03-14-2023, 10:05 PM
900fc
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

This is a nice and original color for a GT3 Touring. Like it but I would remove the white side stickers
Old 03-14-2023, 10:07 PM
900fc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mile2424
No drive belt replacement? Thought this was also needed for the major 4 year service?
Belt was not mentioned, it might have been done in previous service, it is not listed as must do. PDK oil replacement is mentioned but not applicable for manual. Otherwise I think it is pretty complete for a 4 years service/15k mi.
Old 03-15-2023, 03:43 AM
porsche bud
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pani
I bought the Carrara White Metallic one. The Meerblau was pretty, but I also could not justify the cost. Would be great to meet up. I think there is a get together in San Carlos on Sunday at Auto Vino
I have your twin GT3 Touring. I'm likely meeting jimmymoo this weekend, maybe we can coordinate! I bet we can get all the Bay Area tourings together at some point. I know at least 4 more guys who have one.
Larry Cable (03-16-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 05:52 PM
Pani
Intermediate

Yeah, would be fun to meet up! Let me know when and where you are meeting!
Old 03-15-2023, 05:55 PM
LS-1
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

This is an interesting one. Been for sale at at Porsche of Monterey since Nov 2021. Started around 215k or so and has been reduced from there. Now at 199k. Also seems to have been sold at Bonhams for $184,800 inc. premium before going to Porsche of Monterey. Seems low for a PTS but it looks like the dash is plastic not extended leather, which could put off some folks. Feels tough to have a plastic dash in a 200k car. Admittedly i continue coming back to it. Feels like it could be a good get for the right person.

Here's the description from Bonhams, which is a bit more information than the current listing.

This stunning Porsche 991.2 GT3 Touring benefits from having had just one caring owner from new, and its stunning Paint-to-Sample custom exterior color of Pantone Blue 296C non-metallic W50; of which this car is believed to be the sole example made for the US market. The consignor ordered the new Porsche 991.2 GT3 in 2018 to his specifications, and the car was finally completed at the Porsche factory under the special wishes program for delivery from the Riverside, California based Porsche agency in February of 2019. In addition to the $12,830 exciting special-order color option, the 991.2 GT3 Touring was fitted with the 6-Speed GT Sport Manual gearbox to navigate the powerful 500bhp 4.0-Liter engine. Other desirable options on this car's build order included the custom Tailoring option, extended range fuel tank, heated seats, front axle lift system, fire extinguisher, Xenon headlights, Bose surround sound system, Sport Chrono Stopwatch and Chrono package with preparation for lap trigger, white faced instrument dials, sun visors in Alcantara, fuel cap with aluminum look finish and color-coded keys.

Old 03-15-2023, 06:33 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LS-1
This is an interesting one. Been for sale at at Porsche of Monterey since Nov 2021. Started around 215k or so and has been reduced from there. Now at 199k. Also seems to have been sold at Bonhams for $184,800 inc. premium before going to Porsche of Monterey. Seems low for a PTS but it looks like the dash is plastic not extended leather, which could put off some folks. Feels tough to have a plastic dash in a 200k car. Admittedly i continue coming back to it. Feels like it could be a good get for the right person.

Here's the description from Bonhams, which is a bit more information than the current listing.

This stunning Porsche 991.2 GT3 Touring benefits from having had just one caring owner from new, and its stunning Paint-to-Sample custom exterior color of Pantone Blue 296C non-metallic W50; of which this car is believed to be the sole example made for the US market. The consignor ordered the new Porsche 991.2 GT3 in 2018 to his specifications, and the car was finally completed at the Porsche factory under the special wishes program for delivery from the Riverside, California based Porsche agency in February of 2019. In addition to the $12,830 exciting special-order color option, the 991.2 GT3 Touring was fitted with the 6-Speed GT Sport Manual gearbox to navigate the powerful 500bhp 4.0-Liter engine. Other desirable options on this car's build order included the custom Tailoring option, extended range fuel tank, heated seats, front axle lift system, fire extinguisher, Xenon headlights, Bose surround sound system, Sport Chrono Stopwatch and Chrono package with preparation for lap trigger, white faced instrument dials, sun visors in Alcantara, fuel cap with aluminum look finish and color-coded keys.
Hasn't been for sale that long. Local owner bought it and sold it back to them recently. Just went and saw it today in person. Love the color. Definitely a brighter shade of navy with some grey in it depending on the lighting condition. The rubber dash is a little off putting but I think the rest of the car makes up for it. Besides the color, it's lightly spec'd with extra cosmetic options and a couple CXX goodies. Great classic touring in a nice color. Just debating if I want to spend that much.

Last edited by mile2424; 03-15-2023 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:49 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Hasn't been for sale that long. Local owner bought it and sold it back to them recently. Just went and saw it today in person. Love the color. Definitely a brighter shade of navy with some grey in it depending on the lighting condition. The rubber dash is a little off putting but I think the rest of the car makes up for it. Besides the color, it's lightly spec'd with extra cosmetic options and a couple CXX goodies. Great classic touring in a nice color. Just debating if I want to spend that much.
That's an interesting spec. I can see why it's a hard sell. PTS uncharge, but minimal options and higher miles - market value is hard to gauge. I'm not sure why people spec PTS and hardly anything else, it's unusual. $199k is low for PTS even with 16k miles, so if you aren't an "options guy" then it's worth considering.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:54 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d
That's an interesting spec. I can see why it's a hard sell. PTS uncharge, but minimal options and higher miles - market value is hard to gauge. I'm not sure why people spec PTS and hardly anything else, it's unusual. $199k is low for PTS even with 16k miles, so if you aren't an "options guy" then it's worth considering.
Ya I think the PTS color would be preferred over a non PTS car with full leather for example. Need to decide by tonight. Decisions, decisions.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:44 PM
900fc
Rennlist Member

Ya I think the PTS color would be preferred over a non PTS car with full leather for example. Need to decide by tonight. Decisions, decisions.
I think PTS color (this one is good) add value for resale versus mine with similar specs in Agate grey. After a PTS color and LWB and PCCB would be $220-230k so I would expect a $30k difference at time of resale versus a car that had LWB and PCCB. Despite those options are desirable, I don’t think 100% of the owners are against not having it. In my case, I wanted to have 18 way in my Touring (if it was a wing car doing a lot of track, I would have wanted LWB) and PCCB I don’t really car.

If you like the car and car maybe negotiate it a bit and in similar case as me on options, then go for it.

if you really want LWB and PCCB and plan to retrofit after, I would pass and wait to find a car with the right options due to cost of retrofit + some buyers that want options to be on built sheet and not retrofitted
Larry Cable (03-16-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 10:25 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

It all depends.

I had a PTS Turbo S - it's cool to have a unique color, but it wouldn't make up for a lack of certain options and after awhile the novelty of a unique color does wear off. For me, I'd take the car with LWB/PCCB/extended leather over a plain spec PTS. I'm pretty sure opinion is going to be mixed on that question. Obviously all that really matters is what you prefer.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this Touring....