Sponsored by:

The (near) Perfect Mate to a PDK GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 09:42 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 209 Posts
Default The (near) Perfect Mate to a PDK GT3

All- I recently sold my Chalk '18 GT3 6-spd to a fellow Rennlister who is now enjoying it in CA Stupendous car- but between the stiff clutch / gearshift and buckets, it was a bit too much "work" as a daily summer driver, 40 miles round trip to and from work + kids activities.

With a GT4RS on order (Arctic / PCCB's / sofas) for the track and weekend jaunts, I was looking for a lightweight, manual transmission car with nearly all the feedback of the manual GT3 but perhaps easier to live with day to day. Took delivery of this '21 Nightfall Blue Evora GT last week and it checks all the boxes...sublime hydraulic steering, precise gearshift and clutch, as well as super brakes on a communicative chassis- all for a reasonable price. Sounds surprisingly good considering the supercharged Toyota powerplant. Highly recommended- not many new ones left in the US before the Emira is released later this year.

Glad to field any questions- have also owned an '05 Elise (Starlight) + '17 Evora 400 (Daytona Blue) so am somewhat familiar with recent Lotus offerings-
The following users liked this post:
IrwinMFletcher (03-21-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 09:49 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 124 Posts

Congrats! I just submitted my order for the FE Emira. No idea how it’s going to fit in with my needs since I won’t have room for two two-seaters; the Emira and GT3 (assuming I find one this year).

I had an exige s260 and it was the best sounding car I’ve ever been in.

Excited to see your review of the Evora.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:46 AM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

When I got my new '18 Touring in April 2019, I was surprised at how relatively "gentle" the clutch was. But the LWBs would have been killers for me as a DD. On the GT2RS, I can live with them, with the P1 inserts. Definitely 18 way sofas (and PDK) on my upcoming GT4 (hopefully June) and GT4RS (whenever). Lotus looks cool, but I'm reliably told that at 6'3", 240, I'd never fit.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:52 AM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 327 Posts

I put a deposit on an Emira Sept of last year but that missed the first year's production quota. Supposed to be guaranteed at MSRP but I guess we'll see!
Old 03-21-2022, 11:56 AM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm looking forward to hearing how it drives. If I don't end up getting a GT4RS allocation, this may be worthy option (maybe even if I do end up getting a GT4RS...).
Old 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 839 Likes on 439 Posts

evora gt is pretty good & I'd think is the go to choice for a 100k mt sports car? considering 4.0 gts/gt4 all have like 10-25k markup
Old 03-22-2022, 09:58 AM
RudyP
Rennlist Member

Received 1,522 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Congrats! I just submitted my order for the FE Emira. No idea how it’s going to fit in with my needs since I won’t have room for two two-seaters; the Emira and GT3 (assuming I find one this year).

I had an exige s260 and it was the best sounding car I’ve ever been in.

Excited to see your review of the Evora.
Just a matter of perspective... when my Emira gets here, it will be my 4th 2-seater and we have two kids. But that's what the 911s that do have backseats (992 and 993) are for!
Old 03-22-2022, 03:40 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RudyP
Just a matter of perspective... when my Emira gets here, it will be my 4th 2-seater and we have two kids. But that's what the 911s that do have backseats (992 and 993) are for!
I'm limited by garage space or I'd try to keep both. By then, we could be in another home as we are looking for something new that would give me more garages.

Otherwise, I'm limited to four car garages; one for my kids toys, one for my wife's car, one for my Bronco and one for a sportscar. Daily driver (Sequoia TRD Pro) is parked outside.

We shall see. Is your allocation already submitted? Mine locks April 1.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:31 PM
RudyP
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
I'm limited by garage space or I'd try to keep both. By then, we could be in another home as we are looking for something new that would give me more garages.

Otherwise, I'm limited to four car garages; one for my kids toys, one for my wife's car, one for my Bronco and one for a sportscar. Daily driver (Sequoia TRD Pro) is parked outside.

We shall see. Is your allocation already submitted? Mine locks April 1.
I'm limited on garage space too but I'm crazy. 4 car garage and putting in a lift this week to add an extra bay, plus I rent an off site spot and park 2 cars out on the driveway...

My allocation on the Emira is not submitted yet - last I spoke to the dealer I was number 49 on the list and they got 40 FE V6 allocations so unless 9 people drop off as they work through the hard deposits/orders, I will probably have a post FE sometime late in 2022/early 2023. I'm in no real rush due to the parking issues above...
Old 03-22-2022, 10:16 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

I'm limited on garage space too but I'm crazy. 4 car garage and putting in a lift this week to add an extra bay, plus I rent an off site spot and park 2 cars out on the driveway...

My allocation on the Emira is not submitted yet - last I spoke to the dealer I was number 49 on the list and they got 40 FE V6 allocations so unless 9 people drop off as they work through the hard deposits/orders, I will probably have a post FE sometime late in 2022/early 2023. I'm in no real rush due to the parking issues above...
Got it. The FEs likely won’t be to the US until late 2022 and into 2023. You probably have quite a bit more time to figure out the parking if you don’t get moved up. 👍
Old 03-22-2022, 11:19 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

You guys suck…4 garage spaces + lifts? Very few homes in our neighborhood have 3 car garages- most have only 2 and dont have have the headroom for a lift- and there are no reliable car storage facilities nearby. In the winter, i keep one car at the parents and another at my sisters. No way the wife would allow garage expansion at the expense of her vegetable garden 🤬
Old 03-31-2022, 01:46 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!! Looks like a blast, and a really good match for the incoming 4RS.

Maybe I can keep taking your hand me downs??? 😈

Enjoy my friend!
Old 03-31-2022, 02:58 PM
RudyP
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fang911
You guys suck…4 garage spaces + lifts? Very few homes in our neighborhood have 3 car garages- most have only 2 and dont have have the headroom for a lift- and there are no reliable car storage facilities nearby. In the winter, i keep one car at the parents and another at my sisters. No way the wife would allow garage expansion at the expense of her vegetable garden 🤬
It's really tough to find here too - even at ridiculous pricing. I looked long and hard to find a house with 4 car garage for less than 8 figures. And most of the 8 figure houses also only have 2 or 3 car garages.. It's nuts.

At least with the lift, I have 5 garage spots and one covered carport - but I still the rental spot for the Emira and its a 20 min drive away so not super convenient.

Old 03-31-2022, 05:37 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmporsche944
Congrats on the new ride!! Looks like a blast, and a really good match for the incoming 4RS.

Maybe I can keep taking your hand me downs??? 😈

Enjoy my friend!
Haha, someday in the near future as your business and fame grow, I can tell the kids I sold a car to you back in 2021 👍

It's really tough to find here too - even at ridiculous pricing. I looked long and hard to find a house with 4 car garage for less than 8 figures. And most of the 8 figure houses also only have 2 or 3 car garages.. It's nuts.

At least with the lift, I have 5 garage spots and one covered carport - but I still the rental spot for the Emira and its a 20 min drive away so not super convenient.
That’s mindboggling…for 8 figures, I’d want one of those Carvana car condos attached to the house 😀
Old 03-31-2022, 11:29 PM
RudyP
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fang911

That’s mindboggling…for 8 figures, I’d want one of those Carvana car condos attached to the house 😀
Not here... in this area, an 8 figure house gets you a wine cellar (every decent house has a stupid wine cellar for some reason), a pool and a 2 car garage. Sometimes 3 car, rarely 4+...

That's what happens when you're surrounded by centimillionaires and billionaires who just have his/hers Teslas.

...can you tell I'm bitter that I had to buy a stupid wine cellar and swimming pool I didn't want to get my garage space?

Last edited by RudyP; 03-31-2022 at 11:31 PM.

Quick Reply: The (near) Perfect Mate to a PDK GT3