GT3 Allocation Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 08:48 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you aren't good at advanced mathematics?
not sure why math is needed.
many poster on this thread have multiple p cars, there's a reason how they got there. math or not.

Originally Posted by RLNTL3S
Here's the update:

Spoke to GM today, and he explained that the dealership is soon to be acquired, so they are testing the water with this method. They said this method may or may not apply to their loyal customers, as they are still deciding.

I said that I am in no rush to be the first customer, so they can charge the first person what they want. I said I understand that it is a two way street, so I would be interested in purchasing some additional items they mentioned, but absolutely not everything.

Seems like things will work out as long as I remain calm and collected. A few lessons learned here for sure.
keep the powder dry, I think u will be fine
lots of 992 will be made

Originally Posted by rhk118
Not sure this thread has as much to do about reviews as it does about reinforcing the fact that unless you have signed paperwork and a commission number assigned, you don't have a car no matter how much deposit or ADM has been given, track record and "relationship" or not.
while that is better than none, it is still no guarantee.
and I am not sure why dealer wants $500 deposit... $500? buy some cake and milk?
$50k maybe. but I sure wont put any deposit.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:03 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

The mistake is always the same, getting angry and thinking that going public will validate you as the injured party as well as inspiring mob action against the villain. Think hard and long before trying to recruit allies of dubious value with a story that will inevitably draw as much, or more, criticism as support.
The following users liked this post:
Rod27 (03-14-2021)
Old 03-14-2021, 08:32 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Too each his own I guess. Me, I am just getting tired of folks calling "things out" yet give ZERO sight to the person/place committing this egregious act. No better, no worse than Markle calling out Royalty for being racist but too much of a COWARD to say who it is. Either post all the facts and call them out or keep it "private" as you are wishing to do. Again my opinion so do as you wish as you are entitled yours.
I'm not sure it's being a coward, it's just not directly roasting a named dealership on Rennlist, which I respect to a certain extent because after all not all folks at a dealership are bad. Only 'some' rotten apples.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:35 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by RLNTL3S
How hard is it to understand that I want to continue the relationship and get a car at sticker price?

100%

600LT is an amazing car. However, a GT3 tends to hold its value in a way most cars these days don't. Appealing not only because it's a great car, but because money is not totally wasted.
A look at 2018-2019 GT3 prices validates this. Prices on 2018s have gone UP compared to a year ago. Could be due to shortage of supply at the moment.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:00 PM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

Covid was a year ago....everything was on sale
Old 03-15-2021, 12:25 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Same story in Canada and now there is a lot less inventory of new & used Porsche GT models.

I bought a 2014 C4S from a dealer to get on the list for a new 991.2GT3. I was told I'm on the list with only a few in front of me. My turn never came and it was apparent that I was getting bumped - didn't get the car.
Bought a 991.1GT3 from another dealer and I'm currently enjoying it. Asked to get onto the list for a 992GT3 a year ago - dealer obliged.
Apparently now they might not have enough allocation and there are others in front of me. They are asking me to trade in my 991.1GT3 right now to possibly get onto the list - but no guarantee.
I'm not playing these games.
I'll keep enjoying what I have and wait for a used 992GT3.
Palting (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 12:59 AM
thinkingmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Nan P
Same story in Canada and now there is a lot less inventory of new & used Porsche GT models.

I bought a 2014 C4S from a dealer to get on the list for a new 991.2GT3. I was told I'm on the list with only a few in front of me. My turn never came and it was apparent that I was getting bumped - didn't get the car.
Bought a 991.1GT3 from another dealer and I'm currently enjoying it. Asked to get onto the list for a 992GT3 a year ago - dealer obliged.
Apparently now they might not have enough allocation and there are others in front of me. They are asking me to trade in my 991.1GT3 right now to possibly get onto the list - but no guarantee.
That's a great way of looking at it. If the 991.2 GT3 is any indication of future production numbers, Porsche will be making as many as the factory can put out. I think there will be a ton of used GT3's to choose from once the initial stage of fomo has worn off. You can also wait till the mid gen update and really get your pick
G99x.y (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 02:13 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by josephvman
Well, if you're asking for thoughts, my thought is that leaving nasty reviews on Google and Yelp is the sort of BS a sixteen year old girl does and not a full-grown man. If your salesman told you that "every single person" is jumping off their list, it seems like it would have made more sense to sit tight and let the inital frenzy play out. If you had any chance of getting one without the adds you probably pissed that away with a very childish move. Just my opinion.

how would dealer know who posted a bad review? Pretty common way to keep sellers honest. And the dealers will care.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:04 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Nan P

Sell me your car now to possibly get on the list? Wow, What an offer. LMAO.
The following 2 users liked this post by carcommander:
itrsteve (03-15-2021), Rod27 (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 03:42 PM
carrera911me
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Sell me your car now to possibly get on the list? Wow, What an offer. LMAO.
Those are the games some people are willing play. I think life is too short for any of this, "buy this car first, then you *might" get an allocation." This is the reason why I went to another brand, no games and got what I wanted despite the depreciation hit. At least I didn't have to buy something I didn't want just to get a chance to buy the one I wanted. You'll take a depreciation hit on the one you didn't want once you sell it.
goin2drt (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 04:15 PM
DNSGT3
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 62 Posts

I don't understand this "trade-in your GT3 now and you MIGHT get an allocation."
How does this work? What if I don't get an allocation? For sure I don't get my GT3 back. I ended being a fool traded in my GT3 at low price for nothing?
And what happens to the 'GT cars don't depreciate' if the dealer wants your car at market value - $40K?

All these stories bring back the memory from 2017 when the 991.2 GT3 was announced. Same dealer games and just get worse.

Last edited by DNSGT3; 03-15-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: GT3 Allocation Games