Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Allocation Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 08:04 AM
edcli
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I’m just glad to get a good vaccine ASAP in a country that has plenty of it. It’s the most important allocation of 2021. Everything else gravy.
The following 5 users liked this post by edcli:
Booth9999 (03-13-2021), DocMo (03-10-2021), G99x.y (03-15-2021), JC Lacayo (03-09-2021), PhoenixINX (03-10-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 08:21 AM
rhk118
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by RLNTL3S
What are your thoughts?
That sucks. However if possible wouldn't bite your nose off to spite your face. I imagine by the end of all of this you would score an MSRP allocation, especially since you do have a track record there, just ask to be pushed down the list if they will let you...meanwhile try for a list somewhere else and see what works out for you. If they are pissing off their entire list then like said above they will be selling these for MSRP sooner than they otherwise would have liked. At least the watch you can probably sell in the marketplace and recoup at least 50% of that cash, no recouping an ADM. I would hang on and wait it out. I received a BCC bulk email from my dealer saying all GT3 orders will now be at "market price"....I believe the initial number of allocations to dealers available are lower than expected....loyalty goes 2 ways however...

Originally Posted by edcli
I’m just glad to get a good vaccine ASAP in a country that has plenty of it. It’s the most important allocation of 2021. Everything else gravy.
Excellent perspective.

Last edited by rhk118; 03-09-2021 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:14 AM
RLNTL3S
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalon911
I see you are in PA. What dealer?
I would rather not mention. I hope you understand.

Originally Posted by 9914s
The watch and the tire package are bull**** but most owners I’m sure will PPF and ceramic coat their cars.
I agree, but I would rather go to a place that only does PPF and cermaic. I think the quality is a lot higher and the price is better.

Originally Posted by djcxxx
New management? Seems like big change in terms of your previous purchase. Tell them MSRP as customary or no thank you.
I believe so. I will be finding out more with a phone call with their GM.

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Ransom, and ethics are pretty high in my book. I hate seeing this crap, and personally the more say yes it will happen. I passed on my MSRP slot for the right reasons, and I hope the next doesn’t get screwed with this non-sense. My personal view it’s just a car, and not that important if treated this way sorry to hear.
100%.... feels like I am being forced. That does not work very well with me.

Originally Posted by iammacey
Yes. But I wouldn't have the dealer do either. And I certainly wouldn't if they were trying to force me to do it.
100% correct!

Originally Posted by josephvman
Well, if you're asking for thoughts, my thought is that leaving nasty reviews on Google and Yelp is the sort of BS a sixteen year old girl does and not a full-grown man. If your salesman told you that "every single person" is jumping off their list, it seems like it would have made more sense to sit tight and let the inital frenzy play out. If you had any chance of getting one without the adds you probably pissed that away with a very childish move. Just my opinion.
I agree with you. I removed the reviews. However, I did show the review to my sales guy who quickly got me a meeting with the GM. I removed the reviews in good faith.

Originally Posted by stpatsday
Sorry to hear you were treated this way. There’s a word for this and it's called: “greed”. All too common in today’s world where loyalty and straightforward business is being lost. You should speak directly to the GM or Owner and tell then your idea is to have a long term friendship and win-win relationship that keeps you buying new Porsches for a decade or more— not shenanigans.
Or you find a new dealer. Porsche is going to make lots of GT3s. It’s not 2008. Good luck.

FWIW i live in PA and my dealer told me they aren’t creating a list with deposits anymore. The GM will choose who gets a GT car when Porsche allocates them to him. He said. “if you want a new GT car; i will get one for you.” I have to trust him.
That is interesting to know. I will see how they handle this situation.

100% - for those that need it!
Old 03-09-2021, 11:14 AM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

You can either set supply or demand but not both...
Old 03-09-2021, 12:17 PM
josephvman
Racer

Received 250 Likes on 129 Posts

I think it was a good move to take down the online reviews. That really is dropping the nuclear bomb on a dealership, and one that there is likely no coming back from once you've rung that bell.

Regarding the other stuff, as others have mentioned, you're going to want PPF, maybe ceramic coating, and I think wheel/tire protection is worth it (mine has always paid for itself multiple times over). As far as the watch goes, you can always sell it, gift it to your kid, or whatever. The worst-case scenario they've put on the table is probably still cheaper than paying open-market pricing for a used car that someone else got to spec. You could try to parlay it into getting the next hot car guaranteed at MSRP with no extras, and you're net-ahead at that point. Pick your battles with dealers and recognize that if you feel you have to win every single one that it's going to cost you the war. This is a minor battle in the big scheme of things. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 12:26 PM
RLNTL3S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by josephvman
I think it was a good move to take down the online reviews. That really is dropping the nuclear bomb on a dealership, and one that there is likely no coming back from once you've rung that bell.

Regarding the other stuff, as others have mentioned, you're going to want PPF, maybe ceramic coating, and I think wheel/tire protection is worth it (mine has always paid for itself multiple times over). As far as the watch goes, you can always sell it, gift it to your kid, or whatever. The worst-case scenario they've put on the table is probably still cheaper than paying open-market pricing for a used car that someone else got to spec. You could try to parlay it into getting the next hot car guaranteed at MSRP with no extras, and you're net-ahead at that point. Pick your battles with dealers and recognize that if you feel you have to win every single one that it's going to cost you the war. This is a minor battle in the big scheme of things. Good luck!
I like your "cool headed" thinking. I think you are correct, and a potential deal can be made where both parties will be happy.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:26 PM
R35driver
Racer

Received 236 Likes on 121 Posts

just depends on how bad you want to be first. $20k just to be the first kid on the black with a car seems like a poor way to spend money. especially on a car not significantly different from the last GT3. We aren't talking 430 -> 458 here.

all i can say is next time when placing a deposit, get a confirmation in writing or email that you will purchase the car at MSRP (or an agreed upon value) without needing to buy extras. the more legally binding the better.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:33 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you aren't good at advanced mathematics?

Last edited by usrodeo4; 03-09-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:42 PM
RLNTL3S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R35driver
just depends on how bad you want to be first. $20k just to be the first kid on the black with a car seems like a poor way to spend money. especially on a car not significantly different from the last GT3. We aren't talking 430 -> 458 here.

all i can say is next time when placing a deposit, get a confirmation in writing or email that you will purchase the car at MSRP (or an agreed upon value) without needing to buy extras. the more legally binding the better.
Thinking the same as well. It's just that I was one of the first few people on the deposit list, if not the first.

And lesson learned for the future on getting things in writing, and not just on "that's how we always done things".

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you aren't good at advanced mathematics?
Not here please.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:29 PM
edcli
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
smart enough to know internet arguments are not worth it.
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (03-14-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 10:11 PM
80p
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious. If PAG ends up releasing a 992 safari 911, what do you think the average ADM would be?
Old 03-09-2021, 10:38 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

It's a polite ADM. I'd rather do that than pay $25k over and get nothing! At least they have some morals, unlike many other dealers.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:04 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

A sales guy at my local dealer (we only have one) called me and asked if I wanted a Heritage Edition Speedster. He would let it go for MSRP plus $100k.

I told him as politely as I could that I knew he was doing the sales manager's bidding, and so he should tell the sales manager to go fk himself. I will not likely buy another one from them. My TTS was ordered for me by a dealer out of state. Some of these folks give ****** a bad name. Shame on them.
The following 7 users liked this post by Domer911:
Cclassics (03-10-2021), chance6 (03-14-2021), CPTAmericaMV (03-10-2021), hsb1001 (03-10-2021), NCPM (03-10-2021), pdxjim (03-13-2021), RossP (03-10-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-10-2021, 12:56 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,339 Posts

better to buy a bunch of additional $h*t like insurance, PPF etc than simply line some dealers pockets with $ ADM IMO.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:58 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by R35driver

Quick Reply: GT3 Allocation Games