Sponsored by:

Is your harness bar/cage quiet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 10:03 PM
Stark7x
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Anu2g
I have the same GMG LMS bar as the OP and it's been quiet. When I first installed it, it made a ton of noise, and then I realized that I didn't torque down the front-most bolts (the ones that mount on the vertical portion where a rear passenger's knees would be). Once I torqued that down, quiet. Of course the harnesses themselves make noise if you don't have them buckled to the camlock, especially if you're using the eyebolts/clips.

I actually picked the GMG because I liked that it mounted on top of the strut. Even though that's a more painful install, I figured maybe it would add meaningful rigidity. All things being equal anyways. It felt like there were many very similar bars and it was easy to have decision paralysis.
I checked all those bolts and tighten the **** out of them… as well as the ones on the struts… made sure they’re all okay… not loose or have any play. I also lubricated the connecting bolts that tie the roll bar/cage, whatever is called, together. It’s weird… it’s only on the passenger side… and it feels like there’s a metal string, inside the pipes when I hit a bump. Just that metal “ding”. It’s also weird that it doesn’t happen every time… just when it feels like it 😏

Quick Reply: Is your harness bar/cage quiet?