Sponsored by:

Akraprovic Slip-On Center Muffler Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 09:59 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 214 Posts
Default Akraprovic Slip-On Center Muffler Opinions

Currently have the Sharkwerks CM bypass with valves pinned open on my '19 GT3- great sound but may be a bit too much for daily use (very slight drone, a little boomy). Recent drove a stock '19 GT3S- it wasn't much louder than the stock GT3 but I really liked the exhaust note. Just curious if anyone has heard or own the Akrapovic Slip-On Titanium Center Muffler (NOT bypass)- and how it compares to the stock GT3 / SW CMB / stock GT3RS? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2020, 02:07 PM
audiophilitis
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the Akra slip on installed in my RS, along with valved side deletes. Volume-wise, I think they’re on par with the stock RS center muffler, but has a tad of a higher pitch. Zero drone with this setup regardless of valve setting.

I have a set of Dundon catted headers sitting in my garage, waiting to be installed with the Akra slip on.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:06 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 217 Likes on 188 Posts

^^.

Let us know if you would like a price on a set!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 04-07-2020, 04:08 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I have a .2 GT3 with the akra center and it is 10% louder inside and 30% louder outside above 4k rpms. Its a great exhaust to DD if you want to loose the weight and have a little more sound.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:55 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 180 Posts

Akra center was AMAZINGLY PERFECT on my Touring. Not too loud. Not too quiet. Just right. Just gives it that little bit of needed volume but only when you want it. Recently sold the car and will be selling center. If anyone's interested send me a DM.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:01 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

why not try side deletes, keep the stock center, and dump the large side mufflers with valved side deletes. Sounds great, less transition from open and closed, has a much cleaner sound, not boomy or megaphone like. Then you can add headers in the future if you decide to.
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (01-24-2024)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 294 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Akra center was AMAZINGLY PERFECT on my Touring. Not too loud. Not too quiet. Just right. Just gives it that little bit of needed volume but only when you want it. Recently sold the car and will be selling center. If anyone's interested send me a DM.
pm me price

did u delete the sides ?
Old 04-08-2020, 06:23 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
why not try side deletes, keep the stock center, and dump the large side mufflers with valved side deletes. Sounds great, less transition from open and closed, has a much cleaner sound, not boomy or megaphone like. Then you can add headers in the future if you decide to.
better weight reduction and prob heat soak too...
Old 04-08-2020, 06:57 PM
kart driver
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 50 Posts

What is the best solution from Akrapovic for 991.2 gt3?

Important creteria:
- to have better sound, but not wild. It should be civilized but just better than stock (which is already a good one I must say)
- having no drone at all is extremely important
- so that the car maintains porsche warranty, so DME tune is not accepted and I am also not accepting any other complications

Old 04-08-2020, 07:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by kart driver
What is the best solution from Akrapovic for 991.2 gt3?

Important creteria:
- to have better sound, but not wild. It should be civilized but just better than stock (which is already a good one I must say)
- having no drone at all is extremely important
- so that the car maintains porsche warranty, so DME tune is not accepted and I am also not accepting any other complications
no "cat back" solution should require ECU/DME reprogram ... also remember that many tracks have sound limits and pretty much any aftermarket exhaust will probably *blow* those out of the water - hell my GT3 OEM does not pass Laguna Seca sound ...

I'd actually say that the primary motivator for me would be the weight reduction... which would lean towards a side replacement vs center
Old 04-08-2020, 11:21 PM
Nendo
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

2019 GT3RS here. I have done a few Akrapovic options. First off I love the brand as product quality is the highest I have seen.

Centre bypass only - I did this first. I found this very subdued and only slightly louder than stock. Very refined, very smoothed out sound and not much burble. No drone.

Bypass plus link pipes - Wow big difference in volume, very loud especially in low RPM, lot of highway drone. The sound just started to give me a headache, that low bass sound would just carry. My neighbours could hear me blocks away. I needed another solution.

Evolution system- It includes Akrapovic Centre Bypass plus headers, hi flow cats with valved sides. Yes this is very expensive but I am happy with the results. Loud when it needs to be and a good rumble in low rpm and start up. With valves closed it is not too loud unless past 4k rpm.

Old 04-09-2020, 02:22 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Love mine. It's just enough for me. Here is a cold start.

Old 04-09-2020, 04:38 AM
kart driver
Racer

Originally Posted by Nendo
2019 GT3RS here. I have done a few Akrapovic options. First off I love the brand as product quality is the highest I have seen.

Centre bypass only - I did this first. I found this very subdued and only slightly louder than stock. Very refined, very smoothed out sound and not much burble. No drone.

Did it sound better than stock? Was the change really noticeable?

From what I read in your post, other options are no go for me.

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
no "cat back" solution should require ECU/DME reprogram ... also remember that many tracks have sound limits and pretty much any aftermarket exhaust will probably *blow* those out of the water - hell my GT3 OEM does not pass Laguna Seca sound ...

I'd actually say that the primary motivator for me would be the weight reduction... which would lean towards a side replacement vs center

Weight reduction is of no interest to me

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
Love mine. It's just enough for me. Here is a cold start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEu6QLqBD3Y
​​​​​is it what they call “center bypass only”?
Old 04-09-2020, 09:33 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by kart driver
​​​​​is it what they call “center bypass only”?

Yes correct. It is a center bypass. To me it's just right and enough for what it is and how Porsche does their exhaust. I do wish Porsche did their exhaust like Lamborghini does. I have the factory race exhaust on my Huracan. It has the most ferocious barking downshifts I've ever heard. It's just nuts in any RPM in corsa (race) mode. In strada (street) it's as quiet as a Toyota Camry and has no drone. Issue in the Porsche is their valves don't open until around 4k RPM. You can disconnect the lines at the bottom to bypass this. But I don't care for the droning and the sound. That's why I feel others have to do a lot more then center bypass to get around this.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:59 PM
kart driver
Racer

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
Yes correct. It is a center bypass. To me it's just right and enough for what it is and how Porsche does their exhaust. I do wish Porsche did their exhaust like Lamborghini does. I have the factory race exhaust on my Huracan. It has the most ferocious barking downshifts I've ever heard. It's just nuts in any RPM in corsa (race) mode. In strada (street) it's as quiet as a Toyota Camry and has no drone. Issue in the Porsche is their valves don't open until around 4k RPM. You can disconnect the lines at the bottom to bypass this. But I don't care for the droning and the sound. That's why I feel others have to do a lot more then center bypass to get around this.

is it buying and installing just this item?

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/pro...48&yearId=5458

is anything else needed in addition?

Quick Reply: Akraprovic Slip-On Center Muffler Opinions