Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Akraprovic Slip-On Center Muffler Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 01:41 AM
LavaRS
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm I crazy for wanting to go back to OEM Titanium Center with Valved Side Deletes? Coming from a Ryft Titanium Performance Exhaust....
Old 07-25-2024, 07:58 AM
900fc
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by LavaRS
I'm I crazy for wanting to go back to OEM Titanium Center with Valved Side Deletes? Coming from a Ryft Titanium Performance Exhaust....
Ryft TI is loud. I would recommend OEM Ti center with side muffler bypass (with or without valve depending of your preference). It will give more volume that stock exhaust without being too intrusive
Old 07-25-2024, 08:08 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 900fc
I have on my 991 GT3 Touring this setup: Soul side muffler delete with valves and Akrapovic Race Slip on. Personally no drone on my car.
It is on the loud side but really not bad when driving below 4K rpm in neighborhood or on highway longer distance. Above 5k, more straight pipe and it is loud. If you want a quieter setup, either get Akrapovic side muffler with center bypass or Soul side bypass with OEM center muffler. I tried to make video of my setup but difficult to capture it well
Very interesting—like 2 completely different sides of the camp on the same exact setup when it comes to sound levels, drone, etc…
The following users liked this post:
911frostys (07-25-2024)
Old 07-25-2024, 08:47 PM
911frostys
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1
Very interesting—like 2 completely different sides of the camp on the same exact setup when it comes to sound levels, drone, etc…
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 07-25-2024, 10:24 PM
tneocli
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Akra center was AMAZINGLY PERFECT on my Touring. Not too loud. Not too quiet. Just right. Just gives it that little bit of needed volume but only when you want it. Recently sold the car and will be selling center. If anyone's interested send me a DM.
interested in your Akra center muffler please dm me
Old 07-25-2024, 11:19 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by tneocli
interested in your Akra center muffler please dm me
2020 dated post...
Old 08-04-2024, 10:33 AM
Dagobert
8th Gear

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

When I bought my 991.1 GT3 almost 3 months ago, it had the full modular competition exhaust system from Soul on it.
Which was a lot of fun in the beginning, but after a while I found it way to loud. I could start the car in the morning, waking up half the city (as I live in the center).
I decided to put the stock exhaust back on, since it came with the car.
Now, I found it too low volume (especially coming from the full Soul, which means an all muffler delete, sides and center).
Since the Soul system is modular, I decided to do just the center muffler delete, leaving the sides stock.
Now it is for my taste way better.

Now , I am wondering what would happen if I would do a side muffler delete, keeping the center stock...??
To find out it would mean a lot of work, taking off and putting on the rear bumper and doing it again if I want to go back.
Has anyone here done this?

Last edited by Dagobert; 08-04-2024 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2024, 04:17 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

yes i ran a bbi sidemuffler delete for years on a 991.1. now i have akraprovic side deletes w/ their center on a 991.2. you will lose weight & heat by your tires
Old 08-04-2024, 10:50 PM
Indyxc
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Dagobert
When I bought my 991.1 GT3 almost 3 months ago, it had the full modular competition exhaust system from Soul on it.
Which was a lot of fun in the beginning, but after a while I found it way to loud. I could start the car in the morning, waking up half the city (as I live in the center).
I decided to put the stock exhaust back on, since it came with the car.
Now, I found it too low volume (especially coming from the full Soul, which means an all muffler delete, sides and center).
Since the Soul system is modular, I decided to do just the center muffler delete, leaving the sides stock.
Now it is for my taste way better.

Now , I am wondering what would happen if I would do a side muffler delete, keeping the center stock...??
To find out it would mean a lot of work, taking off and putting on the rear bumper and doing it again if I want to go back.
Has anyone here done this?

Center delete gives you the sound without as much drone, but not the performance advantage of the weight loss of the side muffer delete.

Side deletes with stock center add sound, a lot of weight loss, but also some drone. The weight loss is noticeable.

Toss up on which is better.
Old 08-04-2024, 11:25 PM
Wangracing
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

My setup is side deletes (no valves) just a custom pipe straight off the cats and straight into the larger of the two openings in the stock center muffler with the smaller hole blocked off. Seems very streetable to me and sings a great song on throttle. But to be fair the car came to me like this so I have no point of reference of a stock exhaust. But I do long drives in it and have no issues using the handsfree and my wife isn't complaining.

Last edited by Wangracing; 08-04-2024 at 11:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Akraprovic Slip-On Center Muffler Opinions