Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Akraprovic Slip-On Center Muffler Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 02:12 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

the sound between center deletes and side deletes are differnt, I am bias as i have full long tube race headers and vavles side deletes, with stock center, and love it, i had side deletes first. they sounded great, but wanted the power addition and more aggressive sound to boot. I think the transition with side deletes is so much cleaner and you get a lot of volume but no boom. All centers have a larger transition from closed to open and drives me crazy. I would start with side deletes, lose the weight and heat, then add a center option if needed. exhaust decisions will drive you crazy. its hard when you cant hear it live. good luck
Old 04-09-2020, 02:56 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 210 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by kart driver
is it buying and installing just this item?

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/pro...48&yearId=5458

is anything else needed in addition?
Yes just that part is needed and comes with everything needed for installation. We have these in stock ready to ship.

Also you noted that you don't care for the weight savings. When you compare the weight from the OEM and the Akrapovic when you hold them in person. You'll be astonished and in love. lo!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 04-09-2020, 03:06 PM
kart driver
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Yes just that part is needed and comes with everything needed for installation. We have these in stock ready to ship.

Also you noted that you don't care for the weight savings. When you compare the weight from the OEM and the Akrapovic when you hold them in person. You'll be astonished and in love. lo!

-Josh

what is roughly the price of it? + -
Old 04-09-2020, 03:10 PM
Badger Mike
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dundon System

I'm looking at just going with an entire Dundon system, but not the "crack pipe" option which would be too loud for me. I'm looking for performance, so HP/TQ gains and weight reduction. Thoughts?
Old 04-09-2020, 03:20 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

what is roughly the price of it? + -
$5830. It requires tips which is included in that price.

Let me know, in stock, ready to ship!

-Josh
Old 04-09-2020, 03:26 PM
kart driver
Racer

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
$5830. It requires tips which is included in that price.

Let me know, in stock, ready to ship!

-Josh

OK, thanks for clarification.

Do you have any soundclip of stock vs Akrapovic slip on? As the one on the Akrapovic website doesn't work fir some reason.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

OK, thanks for clarification.

Do you have any soundclip of stock vs Akrapovic slip on? As the one on the Akrapovic website doesn't work fir some reason.
It works for me, I'm using Google Chrome. When you load it, press the inside of the circle. Imagine a play/pause button in the circle. If not, Youtube should have some clips!

-Josh
Old 04-09-2020, 04:03 PM
jorligan
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Badger Mike
I'm looking at just going with an entire Dundon system, but not the "crack pipe" option which would be too loud for me. I'm looking for performance, so HP/TQ gains and weight reduction. Thoughts?
I put the Dundon street header system which includes the side deletes and using stock muffler on my GT3. Definitely more HP/TQ in the midrange and car pulls much harder. Louder than stock when engine under load, on the highway at cruising, quiet inside. Used set listed today.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Badger Mike
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I'm waiting for Kelly Moss Racing to get back to me as they will be doing the work.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:06 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 212 Posts

Is the akra slip on bypass a little quieter and higher pitched than the SW or GMG bypasses- im looking for something somewhat subtler, a little more like the OEM RS- thx
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Badger Mike
dundon makes great gear, go for it. i have fabspeed, absolutly love it. would pick either, but dundon has long tube cat headers, the fabspeed are not long tube. akra makes great stuff too, but center deletes just dont do it for me. not bad, just not what i was looking for. esp with the cost vs performace side of it.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:48 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

is it buying and installing just this item?

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/pro...48&yearId=5458

is anything else needed in addition?
I got this one:
https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/pro...49&yearId=5459

Along with the:
https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/pro...49&yearId=5459
The following 2 users liked this post by RoyalPink:
kart driver (05-03-2020), Meraki Autoworks (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 07:15 PM
kart driver
Racer

what is the difference between this, which is slip on race, and the slip on line?

in terms of sound, drone, etc
Old 04-10-2020, 12:56 AM
Einmalig
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 71 Posts

Akra’s Race slip on is essentially a titanium rear muffler delete, not to be confused with their own rear muffler design also referred to as a slip on. Both require either their own design titanium tips or the Porsche OEM tips which are interchangeable with identical attachment points. In addition, Akra also makes titanium link pipes without valves which replace the Porsche OEM Side Mufflers which are valved. Are you confused yet?

So, I started with the race slip on, then added the link pipes for a more aggressive sound and further weight reduction. There are no verifiable figures for this particular set up, but I estimate that power and torque are up by 10-15 and the weight savings is more than 50 lbs. At times its a bit louder than I would like, and there are no valves to close, so instead you just learn to short shift and modulate the throttle with precision when needed.

Honestly, I wouldn’t recommend this combination for a daily driver or a track car for obvious reasons, but for a weekend toy it provides an intoxicating sound and makes every drive an event. If you want the drivability of a GT3 with the aural drama of a race car, this is your exhaust. Its expensive, but the workmanship is impressive and better than the OEM parts they replace. I also have an Akra on my Ducati.

r
Old 04-10-2020, 03:57 AM
kart driver
Racer

What if leaving the stock OEM Side Mufflers which are valved, NOT replacing those with Akra link pipes without valves?

I mean if to compare only the two options from Akrapovic:

1) Slip on Line
2) Slip on Race

I presume, Race would be louder. But will it have any drone or other inconveniences if comparing it with Line?

Quick Reply: Akraprovic Slip-On Center Muffler Opinions