Sponsored by:

GT3 side skirts- where to buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 07:29 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by getPorscheparts
We have a note at checkout clearly stating that the shipping charges have been over-inflating lately and to shoot us a message if you think this is occurring. We'd certainly take a look and confirm, and would remove the shipping charges when applicable. The shipping calculator isn't always perfect, and it sounds as though your order was getting freight class charges added likely due to the size (these are large items), but a quick note to us when you see this happening usually solves it. Regardless, g'luck with your build.
isn't it your website? Don't you control the pricing mechanisms? All of it reflects on your business, Just sayin'
Old 03-30-2020, 10:55 AM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 174 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
isn't it your website? Don't you control the pricing mechanisms? All of it reflects on your business, Just sayin'
We do not make the platform, or have access to the shipping algorithm. We use a 3rd party software platform and have very limited control on what we can access and change. While it's good - it does have some sticky points - including the shipping calculator, especially with large items and orders. To help combat this, we (like some other popular vendors) include a disclaimer at checkout to simply let us know if you see a shipping charge that looks odd and we'll be happy to investigate and manually override where needed. These rockers are very large items, and since they're usually ordered in sets of 2 - that shipping calculator is already creating a huge package with their weights/dims. Adding even more parts with these (ex "I tried to place a big order with you, including the side skirts..") likely caused the shipping calculator to return an over-inflated or freight class shipping charge. We'd have been happy to take a look and would have most likely been able to reduce to the shipping charge to zero as part of our current promotion, and possibly would've been the best all-in pricing available. Regardless, we're happy that customer was still able to get a good deal - but wanted to clarify that we know this can occur and will do everything possible to assist. We believe in being transparent, as well as interacting with the forums we proudly sponsor. We never charge "obscene" shipping charges, and regularly reduce shipping charges even on normal orders that come through daily when possible. We must be doing something right as we've sold 7 - 8 additional sets since our previous post. Thanks, and stay safe our there.

Shop & SAVE on Genuine OEM Porsche Parts, Accessories & Driver's Selection!
Contact Us · Shop Audi & BMW Parts too!

Last edited by getPorscheSilverSpringParts; 03-30-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:25 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

I have a set of factory black for sale if anyone needs - perfect condition. PM me if you need. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:41 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
It was plug and play on my GT3. Took about 45min for the first side, and less then 10min for the other side once I figured out how they go on and off.
I tried to place a big order with you, including the side skirts, the shipping was obscene on my order (over $200) and with tax you were hundreds of dollars more then Sunset. So I went with Sunset.

Luke at Sunset has never charged me Sales Tax
Originally Posted by Domer911
Originally Posted by getPorscheparts
We do not make the platform, or have access to the shipping algorithm. We use a 3rd party software platform and have very limited control on what we can access and change...
Old 03-31-2020, 11:22 AM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 174 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Luke at Sunset has never charged me Sales Tax
We follow the current tax laws, and the tax nexus varies from state to state.

2 more sets sold last night - thank you Rennlist for your support!
Old 04-06-2020, 05:43 PM
stevodevo
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
It was plug and play on my GT3. Took about 45min for the first side, and less then 10min for the other side once I figured out how they go on and off.

I tried to place a big order with you, including the side skirts, the shipping was obscene on my order (over $200) and with tax you were hundreds of dollars more then Sunset. So I went with Sunset.
Wait! The .2 GT3RS side sills are plug and play on the .2 GT3?? That'd be really cool. Do you have any pictures? Thanks.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:11 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by stevodevo
Wait! The .2 GT3RS side sills are plug and play on the .2 GT3?? That'd be really cool. Do you have any pictures? Thanks.
There are a few threads about it, with a ton of pics.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:54 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 402 Posts

Stealth 993... Were the stock rockers you removed painted to match?
Old 04-06-2020, 11:01 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Received 557 Likes on 278 Posts

Im getting some DB Carbon ones for my car. Currently supposed to be here late May, early June. Have to get them PPF’d, but after that my stock ones will be for sale.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:48 AM
stevodevo
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Stealth 993 - I understand it's a plug and play but how's the fitment? From the pictures, the fit near the rear wheels look a little off. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
Stealth 993... Were the stock rockers you removed painted to match?
No, they are just black plastic stock ones. They would not last long painted, they get pretty beat up.

Originally Posted by AllAboutThatP
Im getting some DB Carbon ones for my car. Currently supposed to be here late May, early June. Have to get them PPF’d, but after that my stock ones will be for sale.
The carbon will look AWESOME! However, my stock rockers had under 10kmi on them, they were so beat up. They really take a beating. I feel the PPF will not last long down there, if they can, ty to get some thicker film on the bottom.

Originally Posted by stevodevo
Stealth 993 - I understand it's a plug and play but how's the fitment? From the pictures, the fit near the rear wheels look a little off. Thanks.
They are made for a wide body and my car is not a wide body. Yes, they are a little off at the hips. It bothers me, but not that much, you really only see it from certain angles. One of these days I'm going to just put a gasket in there and you will never be able to tell.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:46 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Received 557 Likes on 278 Posts

I'm not too worried about the underside, more the top that's visible, but good suggestion anyway. I will probably have them double up in that area. I also have some Xpel tacwrap that I may throw on under there too.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:49 PM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi evan ,

i just sent a email trying to purchase a pair of 991.1 rs skirts

Quick Reply: GT3 side skirts- where to buy