Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faawwkk... Got it back yesterday and broke again today same thing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 09:53 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
I hear you and I most certainly will be reaching out to PCNA. By the time I get my car and all is said and done. It will have been gone for almost a month and it worked for a total of 4 hours. Two of those hours were me driving it home from Vegas after the first repair. In which it broke again the next morning. I missed a dentist appointment I waited a month for, 2 PPF appointments, had to rearrange my vacation plans, have a friend do a 220 mile round trip to pick it up the first time, and loss of use. Plus all of the aggravation/frustration. So yeah I have some ammo. Keep in mind this is assuming if it will work and stay working once I get it back. This is still an unknown.
You certainly have a very compelling argument for some form of restitution from Porsche. I’m not advocating that you “lawyer up” but a nice firm conversation with PCNA (and the selling dealer) is certainly in order. Good luck, if you want more info from the other .2 GT3RS owner, I may be able to get his information and PM you, with his permission and consent.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:48 PM
prl
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

My .2 gt3 engine seized up at 500 miles. They offered a loaner I didn’t need, they offered a buy back but my cars a pts and I wouldn’t have been able to get another. In the end I asked for a few things/cpo etc and we agreed. The motor took 2 months mainly due to customs Holding it up, but it was winter here so it didn’t bother me to to much. New motor thousands of miles could care less and having a blast. I feel your pain, dream car for me sacrificed a lot and a huge emotional let down.... hang in there it’s an amazing car! A year later and I can’t drive mine enough!
The following 5 users liked this post by prl:
catdog2 (09-26-2019), hellboy_mcqueen (09-29-2019), JPMD (09-25-2019), robmypro (09-25-2019), RoyalPink (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 11:34 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

I want to give a shout out to Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas where my car is at for repair. This originally (first incident) happened on a Saturday after hours so I emailed Toby Gebheim the Service Director and he emailed me back on a Sunday. By first thing Monday he had the ball rolling and the wheels turning (no pun intended) to get my car picked up and to the shop. Toby left for Atlanta for some Porsche related event and turned me over to Paul Molina. Paul has been awesome with updates and handling everything. As I stated earlier they pull codes and send the info to Germany and Porsche calls the shots. They've shown empathy towards my issue and I've been very impressed with them so far.
The following 4 users liked this post by RoyalPink:
Holdens (09-25-2019), robmypro (09-25-2019), rodsky (09-27-2019), thebishman (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 09:38 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 681 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by prl
My .2 gt3 engine seized up at 500 miles. They offered a loaner I didn’t need, they offered a buy back but my cars a pts and I wouldn’t have been able to get another. In the end I asked for a few things/cpo etc and we agreed. The motor took 2 months mainly due to customs Holding it up, but it was winter here so it didn’t bother me to to much. New motor thousands of miles could care less and having a blast. I feel your pain, dream car for me sacrificed a lot and a huge emotional let down.... hang in there it’s an amazing car! A year later and I can’t drive mine enough!
Right here is your answer, get them to cpo it and extend warranty by 2 years and up to 100 k miles, then you'll have peace of mind and you will compensated for the heartache and pain on a brand new car.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:55 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

I totally agree with catdog2 and PRL.

Royal, man we all really do feel your pain.

I have almost 60k on my car (picture in avatar) and have that many smiles.

I totally agree the facts here are a brand new car PDK failed. No excuses. It shouldn't happen.

I think, as I can't remember reading through the entire thread that I'm the only one here that has had a PDK replaced.

1. It was a simple process. The service advisor Mike @ (Pacific Porsche in Los Angeles) was epic. I know this dealer is also a retro dealer as they do restorations on Classics and currently have 993 RS cars, Carrera GT's in the showroom etc. so my lowly GT3 wasn't the cream of the crop here but Gaudin in Vegas sees a lot of high end GT cars and has those clients. Their techs will have the experience and get the job done right.

2. I was told that my engine didn't come out during the PDK swap so that is what it is.

3. If it was a Porsche dealer in Northern Montana that sells 2 cars per month, I'd be a little concerned about the tech's prowess. But you're in Vegas so try not to worry.

I don't know if you're one of the guys that only keeps your car for a year at a time but I love the idea of getting an extension and CPO the car. If you can do that, it's worth Money!!!! In fact, I'd take the PDK swap just for the extra warranty alone. I am a mileage monger though so you understand.

You mentioned earlier the spec was what you want and if finding the spec just like it keeps you in this car, try not to worry about the PDK replacement or your confidence in the car after.

I'm an optimist so I just have that built in but try to think the same and I'm certain you will be ok.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:02 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

I want to give a shout out to Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas where my car is at for repair. This originally (first incident) happened on a Saturday after hours so I emailed Toby Gebheim the Service Director and he emailed me back on a Sunday. By first thing Monday he had the ball rolling and the wheels turning (no pun intended) to get my car picked up and to the shop. Toby left for Atlanta for some Porsche related event and turned me over to Paul Molina. Paul has been awesome with updates and handling everything. As I stated earlier they pull codes and send the info to Germany and Porsche calls the shots. They've shown empathy towards my issue and I've been very impressed with them so far.
Paul has been my service advisor since 2006. You're in good hands.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:24 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusG

3. If it was a Porsche dealer in Northern Montana that sells 2 cars per month, I'd be a little concerned about the tech's prowess. But you're in Vegas so try not to worry.
I'd be concerned (and suspicious) to, especially since there is no Porsche dealership in the entire state of Montana.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:25 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Lol.

Exactly what I thought. I was hoping there wasn't one after I posted that and offend one of our Fargo guys.

I hope I made my point though
Old 09-26-2019, 08:24 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Didn't ask nor was I offered a loaner yet.
facepalm...

sounds to me like horrible service, and to be honest, I'd raise holy hell (really? no loaner?)

call it over-reaction, or whatever - that's BS. how many attempts should it take to fix the damn car

and since you have zero confidence in it at this point, roll in w/your Huracan and tell them to just keep it, or send it back to Germany for failure analysis

count your blessings you have that Lambo - it looks great!
Old 09-26-2019, 09:20 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

I called PCNA today and told them my tale of woe in detail. They said they'll check some things and get back to me next week. We'll see what they do to try and make it right. If it's something that is acceptable and I agree. I'm sure I won't be able to give details other than to say they took care of me. I'm sure they'll do something at this point.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:14 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts

OP: Crappy situation but glad Porsche has been quick (IMO) to go to the full fix of a new PDK.

Side comment - A little surprised by how critical people are being of the service. Folks here on RL often refer to the GT3RS as a "street legal race car". If that's true, then failed parts and down time should be par for the course. You shakedown a new race car and fully expect issues before you ever track it. I promise you that if you owned an actual race car you'd be a lot more chill with the relatively minor stuff that goes wrong with GT-cars. They are amazingly bulletproof IMO and Porsche stands behind them like no other.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:43 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

I called PCNA today and told them my tale of woe in detail. They said they'll check some things and get back to me next week. We'll see what they do to try and make it right. If it's something that is acceptable and I agree. I'm sure I won't be able to give details other than to say they took care of me. I'm sure they'll do something at this point.
If they extend your warranty by 2 years and give you CPO status for 100k then it's a WIN... no more worries on your part...
Old 09-27-2019, 10:53 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

I'm confident PCNA will do what is fair and amicable. They seemed to genuinely care is the feeling I got. I'm very understanding and reasonable. It's not like I'm expecting a villa in Gstaad for the frustration and inconvenience.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:57 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Ok, now back to your Huracan, is it fun enough even without manual? Are the crackles and pops too predictable/artificial or does the V10 wail make everything else in the world just right???
Old 09-27-2019, 04:23 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

I just cancelled my trip on going to Laguna Seca. So I have to eat the Laguna Seca deposit but will be refunded for my advanced purchase at Portola Hotel and Spa. With everything going on with the car and the original plan was to take the RS. I decided this morning to bag it since they couldn't get it fixed in time after all. Wonderful.

Last edited by RoyalPink; 09-27-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Faawwkk... Got it back yesterday and broke again today same thing...