Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faawwkk... Got it back yesterday and broke again today same thing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
100% agree with you. It's the frustration factor with a new car that I've been able to drive in working condition for less than 4 hours. Going into my second week of ownership. Right now it's in storage at the tow company awaiting drop off to the dealer tomorrow morning. It's not like a minor squeak or rattle. First incident I understood. Second not so much. Third time same problem. Don't even want to go there and hope it doesn't come to that.
Your attitude is exemplary. While Lemon law is not “that” simple you are on #2 episode and your oddessy so far is classic 🍋

i would absolutely write a letter to PNA and the dealer and recount your woes and mention 🍋 law. If nothing else it will get their attention which will double attention on the fix and making you happy.

This is was unacceptable.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:35 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 395 Posts

Yes, I live in Bloomington. Had to always go to Fletcher Jones in Vegas for my Mercedes. It's nice since we got a Benz dealer here a few years ago.
I'll look you up when I'm in town. My Mom still lives there and I come up periodically. At least when the airport is open. haha.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:37 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

Kudos for your calm demeanor, hope it’s like you say and just needs a new PDK! Totally sucks on a brand new car but these things happen, you are taking it extremely well. Good luck
Old 09-22-2019, 06:22 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Went to Zions today in the Huracan. It was flawless and didn't miss a beat. It's only an hours drive from my house. Love it up there. Here is a quick pic. No paranoia and glancing down at the guages waiting/looking for an error message. Most of us have been there before with our cars.

The following 2 users liked this post by RoyalPink:
pdxjim (09-22-2019), robmypro (09-22-2019)
Old 09-22-2019, 09:56 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 681 Likes on 370 Posts

Not trying to bring up race (no pun intended) but look at the color of the car - perhaps it is a lemon.
hahahahhaha
good one...

How do you like the 580-2 Huracan?
Old 09-23-2019, 11:22 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by catdog2
hahahahhaha
good one...

How do you like the 580-2 Huracan?
Love them both. It's been 15 years since I've had a 911. It's still so familiar. I instantly recognize all the mechanical sounds, feel and distinctive engine noise. Love the fact ignition is on the left and you have to insert the key and turn. Could careless about keyless go and push button start for this car. Porsche definitely made the right call on that as far as I'm concerned. What a car (when it's running - lol). I have the factory race exhaust on my Huracan. The insane howling madness of that NA V10 is too much chaos to ever give up. It's like having a hot brunette and blonde girlfriend. How do you choose? Just depends on your mood. The other one will be there waiting when you get back.
The following users liked this post:
catdog2 (09-24-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 01:00 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 119 Posts

Hope OP gets the trans replaced and issue goes away, but if not Lemon Law here in CA kick in when the vehicle is more than 30 days in service within first 18 months of ownership. I had issues w/ my Jeep Cherokee that I paid $35K for a few years back with the transmission and air bag light. Car ended up being in the shop over 30 days over 4 to 5 visits. After arbitration didn't go in my favor, I decided to go to a Lemon Law lawyer and he got me $99K in damages when all I wanted originally was only a few thousand dollars to compensate me for the weeks the Jeep was in for service. I netted about $64K AND I got to keep the Jeep. So first hand experience tells me the Lemon Law does protect the consumer and the car manufacturer can't bully us around.
The following 2 users liked this post by bli8:
catdog2 (09-24-2019), TurboS_GG (11-02-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 05:17 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

I feel your pain but don't worry about a new PDK going in.

It'll be fine and I totally used to be in the camp that if it's taken apart after the factory had it, it will never be the same. It's simply not true.

In fact, the engine doesn't need to come completely out with a PDK replacement.

Mine was a mixer and they replaced it no questions asked.

No issues since and zero to 60 launch controls are all sub 4 seconds every time!

Just like you said amigo, what will you replace it with?
Old 09-24-2019, 02:17 AM
XrussianX
Pro

Received 395 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by bli8
Hope OP gets the trans replaced and issue goes away, but if not Lemon Law here in CA kick in when the vehicle is more than 30 days in service within first 18 months of ownership. I had issues w/ my Jeep Cherokee that I paid $35K for a few years back with the transmission and air bag light. Car ended up being in the shop over 30 days over 4 to 5 visits. After arbitration didn't go in my favor, I decided to go to a Lemon Law lawyer and he got me $99K in damages when all I wanted originally was only a few thousand dollars to compensate me for the weeks the Jeep was in for service. I netted about $64K AND I got to keep the Jeep. So first hand experience tells me the Lemon Law does protect the consumer and the car manufacturer can't bully us around.
The lawyer really knows how to make a mountain out of a mole hill😆 that was a win if I ever seen one. If this happens for the 3rd time I would strongly push for this if I was the OP. Bummer as the yellow looks really good on the 991
Old 09-24-2019, 09:45 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

UPDATE: Dealer called end of day yesterday. It was different codes this time although it was the same error message. Faults pointed to a different issue in the new valve body. Dealer sent the codes to PAG. They responded with a list of things to check in the wiring for a possible loose/intermittent connection and/or ground fault. Based on the test results we'll see what they say next. Hoping to hear back today.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:54 AM
strettyend
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Goodluck, Im sure Porsche will right the issue. Also, not a bad backup car you have there
Old 09-24-2019, 05:19 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

UPDATE: Dealer just called. All the tests and pin connections were good. Looks like at this point according to them will be a PDK replacement. None in the US. It will have to come from Germany. Takes 5 business days at least if it doesn't get hung up in customs. So at least a couple weeks until the car is done is what I'm thinking. Will have 100% confirmation on that direction from the dealer tomorrow. If it plays out that way then I'll have had the car for almost a month and drove it less than 4 hours. Okay I'm going to go and sulk now.
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (09-25-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 05:24 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts

So sorry to read this ,,feel your pain that would be unbearably frustrating
Old 09-24-2019, 05:35 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

In the immortal words from Captain Binghamton of McHale's Navy: "I could just scream!" - who here remembers that?

Last edited by RoyalPink; 09-24-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:38 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

UPDATE: Dealer just called. All the tests and pin connections were good. Looks like at this point according to them will be a PDK replacement. None in the US. It will have to come from Germany. Takes 5 business days at least if it doesn't get hung up in customs. So at least a couple weeks until the car is done is what I'm thinking. Will have 100% confirmation on that direction from the dealer tomorrow. If it plays out that way then I'll have had the car for almost a month and drove it less than 4 hours. Okay I'm going to go and sulk now.
And on the positive side, Porsche is making it right with a new transmission and you're getting a loaner for two weeks! Glad you had some resolution over this mess.

Quick Reply: Faawwkk... Got it back yesterday and broke again today same thing...