Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faawwkk... Got it back yesterday and broke again today same thing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 06:08 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
And on the positive side, Porsche is making it right with a new transmission and you're getting a loaner for two weeks! Glad you had some resolution over this mess.
No resolution yet as car is not fixed and back in my possession.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:47 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
No resolution yet as car is not fixed and back in my possession.
Lawyer up, this is UNACCEPTABLE on a new f'in** GT-series car....
New transmission on a new car? How about this instead... car gets shipped back to Germany and they fix it properly an reship it back to your doorstep...
Old 09-25-2019, 12:24 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by catdog2
New transmission on a new car? How about this instead... car gets shipped back to Germany and they fix it properly an reship it back to your doorstep...
Wow.
I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. I forgot what country I live in.
The following users liked this post:
hellboy_mcqueen (09-29-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 12:32 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,745 Likes on 5,128 Posts

Overreact much?
gt3.997 (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 12:52 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 140 Posts

Easy there. My experience with PCNA was extraordinary and they will do right without need to "lawyer up".
Old 09-25-2019, 12:36 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 365 Posts

Ok, so now he waits for another 2-3 weeks to get his car back and his brand new car has had its transmission replaced by good mechanics who have probably never replaced a PDK before or may be once to twice before and I bet not on a .2 GT3RS.
In my mind that is suboptimal and would be ok if it happened on car with 20k miles or 2-3 years old but not on a brand new car. I think the 3 last posters would probably feel less magnanimous and bon-vivant about the whole thing if it was their brand new car, their time and their money.
Porsche is doing him no favors by just replacing his pdk and giving him a loaner, are you kidding me?
Take the car back to Germany, fix it and bring it back or send Porsche mechanics from the factory to do the work, that's how they would do right by him, with or without lawyer but nothing is going to happen without some pressure.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:53 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Didn't ask nor was I offered a loaner yet.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:08 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,243 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Wow.
That's exactly why we have an overly restrictive break-in procedure in our US manuals.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:17 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

CONFIRMED: Porsche is sending a new PDK from Germany. Looking at the better part of two weeks now before car is back. Anyone know if the engine needs to be dropped as well or can they leave it in car for PDK replacement? Will and does this diminish the value of the car in the future (dealer report, non matching numbers, etc..,)? Great. So once I get it back I can drive around with the anxiety/fear of wondering if/when the same or another error is going to come up to make my day.
TurboS_GG (11-02-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 02:41 PM
Hawkeye2
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Dropping the drivetrain on a 911 is totally nothing to worry about. It’s made to be done easily and without damaging anything. I know it’s annoying, but that should not be a concern.

Good time to have them install an aftermarket exhaust, if you’re inclined...
I concur with the comment on dropping the drivetrain. I toured the factory in July and was struck by how quickly and easily the entire undercarriage and drivetrain were attached to the body. Minimal fasteners and remarkably easy access, so long as the vehicle is lifted overhead. I realize the factory processes are 'idealized' and can't be thoroughly duplicated in a dealer's shop, but as someone who runs factories for a living, I give kudos to the product design people at Porsche for a very manufacturable and serviceable layout.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:56 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Wow.
Wow is right, sad really.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:13 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 403 Posts

This is really tough. Can’t imagine how I would feel in your situation. Nonetheless, I’m glass half full person, so it’s a car and unfortunate situation. But, you’ll end up with an amazing car as intended when this is finally sorted. I know, for me it’s less about the warranty issue and simply all the tinkering with the car, but again it is what it is. Think about this scenario, and apologies to the other forum member who suffered through this... Would you rather have your PDK be bad or...be driving down the freeway with your brand new RS and have the car in front kick up rocks all over the front end, damaging the LED lights, clear bra and windshield among other areas??? It’s crazy and unfortunate in both cases, but stuff happens. Life is good!!! Guess you just have to settle for the Huracan. And believe me, it is settling when compared to the RS. Because I know...😉
Old 09-25-2019, 08:38 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Leaving Sunday for Monterey in my Huracan. Have to be at an AMG Driving Academy event next Wednesday. If I can't take the unreliable (so far) P car - then so be it. I went to an event earlier in the year (March) at Seca as well in my GTR. Here are a couple pics. One on the 17 mile drive and one where there is seaweed in the wheel well from the beach. Who sez my cars don't get used.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:19 PM
Akunob

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

I think you should consider some form of monetary compensation from Porsche for the loss of use of your car. I know of another brand new .2 GT3RS owner whose car caught fire at the track!! The cause was identified as a loose timing chain from the factory which, dripped oil onto hot engine areas and ignited. That .2 GT3RS needed a new engine (shipped from Germany) as well as a new bumper and a few other choice parts. His car was ‘down’ for about 2.5 months for the needed repairs (covered by Porsche) AND he got compensated for his time/lack of use. I think he had threatened to force a buy-back on the car, seeing as it caught fire.

The point is, you are being quite nice about this, which is admirable however it may not hurt to inquire about other ways for Porsche to make you whole for this drama on a new car. At the very least, get a loaner for the duration of the fix (and something nice like a turbo S)!
Old 09-25-2019, 09:43 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Akunob
I think you should consider some form of monetary compensation from Porsche for the loss of use of your car. I know of another brand new .2 GT3RS owner whose car caught fire at the track!! The cause was identified as a loose timing chain from the factory which, dripped oil onto hot engine areas and ignited. That .2 GT3RS needed a new engine (shipped from Germany) as well as a new bumper and a few other choice parts. His car was ‘down’ for about 2.5 months for the needed repairs (covered by Porsche) AND he got compensated for his time/lack of use. I think he had threatened to force a buy-back on the car, seeing as it caught fire.

The point is, you are being quite nice about this, which is admirable however it may not hurt to inquire about other ways for Porsche to make you whole for this drama on a new car. At the very least, get a loaner for the duration of the fix (and something nice like a turbo S)!
I hear you and I most certainly will be reaching out to PCNA. By the time I get my car and all is said and done. It will have been gone for almost a month and it worked for a total of 4 hours. Two of those hours were me driving it home from Vegas after the first repair. In which it broke again the next morning. I missed a dentist appointment I waited a month for, 2 PPF appointments, had to rearrange my vacation plans, have a friend do a 220 mile round trip to pick it up the first time, and loss of use. Plus all of the aggravation/frustration. So yeah I have some ammo. Keep in mind this is assuming if it will work and stay working once I get it back. This is still an unknown.

Quick Reply: Faawwkk... Got it back yesterday and broke again today same thing...