Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faawwkk... Got it back yesterday and broke again today same thing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2019 | 06:00 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Even if it's two in a row of the same failed component, they will probably insist on a new PDK to preempt getting into a situation where you can start tossing around words like lemon or buyback. I hope that fixes it and it's not something external to the PDK (i.e. a wiring issue). This has got to be incredibly infuriating. It's their job to get it sorted out and I hope they're bending over backwards to make it right, e.g. offering you a good faith additional warranty (I know from personal experience that, yes, they can do that) - and please get something fun as a loaner vehicle. Hang in there and hopefully it will be a distant unpleasant memory someday.
Old 09-21-2019 | 08:34 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Car just got picked up again. Shout out to Eddie Gonzalez (and his son Will - cute kid btw) the owner of Royalty Towing in Vegas. He picked up the car on Monday and came back today. Very very professional. He tows bugs, eggs and everything else high end in between. He texts me when the car is there safe and in the shop. At least I don't have to worry about that part. Definitely keep him in mind. I always like to give an earned referral. RS is gone again so moved my Lambo over to the other side for now. I joked with him and said let's just have a standing appointment every week.

Old 09-21-2019 | 09:28 PM
991.1GTS
Racer

Great attitude, it will all work out. Keep us apprised.
Old 09-21-2019 | 09:54 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

When the Lambo is the reliable car out of the 2,the famous phrase comes to mind : " Houston,we have a problem ".
Either way,I'm sure they'll get it right for you! They'll probably just replace the PDK. I wonder if the PDK oil cooler comes with the new unit,I'd have them flush the oil cooler and lines if it doesn't. Good idea in case something mechanically failed in the old PDK,you don't want metal shavings from your old PDK in your new one...
Old 09-21-2019 | 10:28 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think the cooler is part of the bundle that is exchanged with a new gearbox. Should be no fluid lines to attach nor risk of contamination.
Old 09-21-2019 | 10:42 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

I would ask them to get you cpo-like extended warranty on the drivetrain or take car back. You can use your parts any other number of excellent low mileage cpo 2019 gt3rs on the market. You've been very patient and your love for that car spec (which is amazing btw) may be slightly biasing your judgment. You really shouldn't be going through this with a brand new car from Porsche; has anyone from PCNA contacted you or vice versa?
Old 09-22-2019 | 09:40 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by catdog2
I would ask them to get you cpo-like extended warranty on the drivetrain or take car back. You can use your parts any other number of excellent low mileage cpo 2019 gt3rs on the market. You've been very patient and your love for that car spec (which is amazing btw) may be slightly biasing your judgment. You really shouldn't be going through this with a brand new car from Porsche; has anyone from PCNA contacted you or vice versa?
Not trying to bring up race (no pun intended) but look at the color of the car - perhaps it is a lemon.
The following 2 users liked this post by RoyalPink:
bogey1 (09-22-2019), rodsky (09-23-2019)
Old 09-22-2019 | 10:17 AM
itrsteve
Rennlist Member

This is why warranties exist. They’ll fix it and it will be fine.
Old 09-22-2019 | 10:27 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by itrsteve
This is why warranties exist. They’ll fix it and it will be fine.
100% agree with you. It's the frustration factor with a new car that I've been able to drive in working condition for less than 4 hours. Going into my second week of ownership. Right now it's in storage at the tow company awaiting drop off to the dealer tomorrow morning. It's not like a minor squeak or rattle. First incident I understood. Second not so much. Third time same problem. Don't even want to go there and hope it doesn't come to that.
Old 09-22-2019 | 10:42 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Great attitude about it and certainly will get sorted out...

I love how people throw out "Have Porsche buy the car back" and "lemon law". It's just not that simple....
The following users liked this post:
Maverick787 (09-22-2019)
Old 09-22-2019 | 10:49 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Great attitude about it and certainly will get sorted out...

I love how people throw out "Have Porsche buy the car back" and "lemon law". It's just not that simple....
Exactly. Not so simple. I want the car and it can't be replaced with a similar spec. Especially since I don't have LWB's. Eventually it will get fixed.
Old 09-22-2019 | 11:13 AM
robmypro
Race Director

This would be super frustrating, but don’t let is ruin your ownership experience. Porsche stands behind their products, and they are amazing products. This will get sorted.
Old 09-22-2019 | 11:36 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
100% agree with you. It's the frustration factor with a new car that I've been able to drive in working condition for less than 4 hours. Going into my second week of ownership. Right now it's in storage at the tow company awaiting drop off to the dealer tomorrow morning. It's not like a minor squeak or rattle. First incident I understood. Second not so much. Third time same problem. Don't even want to go there and hope it doesn't come to that.
Are you in St. George? Pics look like that area. Lived there for 7 years (moved to Phoenix 6 years ago). I had a Carrara S when I lived there and maintenance was a nightmare going back and forth to Vegas. Good luck with your issue. My Valve body on my 3RS seems to have fixed the issue (2 track days since then).
Old 09-22-2019 | 11:50 AM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Frustrating for sure. I hope it works out at the end. Your backup car is not bad though
Old 09-22-2019 | 11:51 AM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by joejenie
Are you in St. George? Pics look like that area. Lived there for 7 years (moved to Phoenix 6 years ago). I had a Carrara S when I lived there and maintenance was a nightmare going back and forth to Vegas. Good luck with your issue. My Valve body on my 3RS seems to have fixed the issue (2 track days since then).
Yes, I live in Bloomington. Had to always go to Fletcher Jones in Vegas for my Mercedes. It's nice since we got a Benz dealer here a few years ago.

Quick Reply: Faawwkk... Got it back yesterday and broke again today same thing...