Sponsored by:

PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 11:35 AM
tonsoframen
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
You don’t want others to jump to conclusions so you can?

I hate to see people jump to the easiest conclusion is what I wrote. There are alot of **** dealers out there and I'm defending what I feel is one of the good ones.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:11 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by tonsoframen
The OP can say and claim whatever he wants about his own identity and intentions, that's his prerogative. The dealer can't confirm, deny, correct or clarify on a public form any of those details, even if these details could potentially exonerate themselves unless they had written permission by the OP to do so. What your saying is foolish.
Sorry not buying it....this public forum is no different than the BBB or any other review site out there....all public....we're not talking about medical info, it's a car.....the dealer can absolutely make some sort of statement.....you're telling people to not jump to conclusions yet you yourself are.....

In the end quite honestly this will not hurt the dealer one bit....Nashua is a small NE town and they won't lose business because of it....my guess is they one get 1 or 2 GT cars anyways....
Old 01-18-2019, 12:38 PM
tonsoframen
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
In the end quite honestly this will not hurt the dealer one bit....Nashua is a small NE town and they won't lose business because of it..
This we can agree on
Old 01-18-2019, 12:40 PM
Samson911
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The story doesn't add up given my personal experiences with Al and Shane.

Long and short of it, the guys at Nashua are respectable and this seems out of character.

I'm going to echo this point as well. Al and Shane are solid guys. It's a shame that threads like these gain so much traction. At the end of the day, the deal will either work or it won't, but the situation is very opaque, and it is difficult to arrive at a firm conclusion with only half the story.

In my experience from buying 4 cars from Nashua, they have been honest and forthright. They honored our deal on a GT3, and I am a happy customer
Old 01-18-2019, 12:48 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
How much more than $15k adm could they possibly expect to make? $10k? It’s raining new gt cars for sale out there.
I was wondering the same thing, unless they have an unaware and/or lazy client lined up for it.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:50 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by yxc145
How much fun is it to own a left hand drive car in a right hand drive country?
We do exactly that down here and other than the blinding headlights from oncoming traffic its not too bad.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:00 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 278 Posts

There are people who have reported good and bad experiences with the same dealership, these days it seems like either you are one of the "lucky ones" or not. Same for Champion, Carlsen (....I guess lol), etc... The sad part is it really should be stellar experiences only, customer used to be always right

Interested in hearing from the OP once he gets more info from PCNA/Nashua/his lawyers, I also paid a 15k ADM for my GT3 and thankfully the hiccups for my purchase were fairly minor. My NY dealer did insist on registering/titling the car for me, no other option. I would not be happy if I agreed to an ADM, paid said ADM in advance, have money ready for wire and car is arriving, and then have the rug pulled out from under me "over export concerns" or a miscommunication as so far it would appear

we should threaten to send mooty with a vitamix
Old 01-18-2019, 04:29 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

While this whole thing is odd, the part that catches my attention is the bit about the registration. If I read correctly, the OP implies that the dealer is requiring him to get the vehicle registered in advance and produce a "hard NH plate" before he can take delivery. The OP would need to complete the sales transaction with the dealer before he can register the vehicle so this cannot be done in advance. Plus, if the dealer is concerned about export (or anything else), I would think that he would want the dealership to do the title and registration work to ensure that it gets done. What does a "hard NH plate" have to do with anything? In GA you get temp tag even if you go to the DMV yourself, and your permanent tag is mailed to you within two weeks. Temp or perm does not change the legitimacy of the registration.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:06 PM
BealeAss
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 102 Posts

I hate to see people jump to the easiest conclusion is what I wrote. There are alot of **** dealers out there and I'm defending what I feel is one of the good ones.
This we can agree on
I think this thread goes beyond the OP's issue or anyone jumping to conclusions and picking a side. It's simply highlighting the reality that Nashua is NOT a good or honest dealer. There's too many folks out there who have been burned or deceived in some way, shape, or form. And for those folks we can probably all agree to call them mediocre at best because we've all read enough horror stories on this forum. For me its terrible front and back office, great service team. If they could put it back together like they had in the past with good honest people it would be a win, I just don't foresee that happening.

What makes it particularly unfortunate for us in the NH/MA/CT area is that while they are a small dealer they do quite a bit of GT car volume and often get a decent amount of GT car allocations. So now for many of us its back to the drawing board having to establish relationships with dealers out of state when we could have been helping to support our local economy.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:20 PM
garudatwo
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BealeAss
For me its terrible front and back office, great service team. If they could put it back together like they had in the past with good honest people it would be a win, I just don't foresee that happening.
100% my assessment. Excellent service team, with a front office that hid issues on a 991 I purchased.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:19 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought 3 cars from them also. all were easy and flawless. Under different management! Last year I was purchasing a Macan, where Nashua couldn't provide one, and I bought it down the street.

After having a good relationship with Nashua, I was tooling by on Rte 3 and decided to stop by and ask a very simple question about one of the options on the Macan. I didn't see anyone I recognized and in fact they had all left (fired or voluntarily). Pam approached one of the sales girls to ask the question we had. She was told since she didn't buy the car there that they didn't have time to deal with her.. I was pissed and reported it to the GM Larry. Nothing came of it.. That was enough for me to purchase elsewhere. Never go back to that dealership.. ( although Paul in service is great)

On another note, the Sales manager did call me when a slightly used GT3 came in, they provided me a great trade-in value for my C2s and the transaction went smoothly..
When we took delivery of the Macan, the other dealer nearby did require registering it for me, in Florida! It took 2 days. We bought it sight unseen and my son took delivery of it. No dealer presentation either, just here are keys, see ya.

When searching for the Macan, the former Sales MGR from Nashua, found and negotiated a great deal for us. He said it was because I had purchased 3 cars from him earlier. There was no charge for this service, he is a reputable guy that shouldn't be associated with this thread
Old 01-19-2019, 10:28 AM
yxc145
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FORENN
I was wondering the same thing, unless they have an unaware and/or lazy client lined up for it.
I think a lot of people feel it is more special to spec their own car with the exact options they want. To me, I don't care so much about the little stuff. As long as the major options and exterior color is right, I am ok to buy one off the lot.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:00 AM
yxc145
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sure people have had good experience with this dealer or any dealer. If all or most of the experience were bad, this dealer wouldn't be in business right now. The thing is, buying a Macan, Cayenne, or regular 911 is different from any GT car. With those common cars, dealers are sitting on tons of inventory, offering discount, "begging" for customers to come and buy them. With GT cars, there are people lining up, shoving out money, trying to get their name on an allocation before the car is even released. Dealers see there is the opportunity and take advantage of it. Either charge an ADM, start a bidding war, or save the car for the VIP that spends 7 figures with them. One dealer actually told me that when I spend 1 million + on cars with them, then we can talk about getting an GT3 allocation at MSRP. It is greed. The moment a dealer asks for ADM, they are not one of the "good guys" anymore. This, unfortunately, is how the market, the world is. Same thing with all the hot and rare products out there. For example. Rolex SS Daytona compare to a regular Datejust. A friend put 50% deposit down on a white dial Daytona, he was the 2nd or 3rd on the list with one big dealer. After 2.5 years, he still doesn't see the watch. No way the dealer gets only one in 2.5 years. I am 99% sure it is because the owner or GM decide to bump him sell the watch to VIPs and others with connection.
So because someone has great experience, smooth transaction purchasing 2-3 Macans. It doesn't mean it will be the same as buying a GT. For one, you will never be able to any discount on a brand new GT car.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:01 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I just wanted to update everyone on the situation as much as I can at this point. I am cautiously optimistic that a solution is possible. I will refrain from further comment until all is settled. I can confirm I am not a diplomat. I also thought that " sending mooty with a vitamix" was genius.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:23 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by airkuhl993
I just wanted to update everyone on the situation as much as I can at this point. I am cautiously optimistic that a solution is possible. I will refrain from further comment until all is settled. I can confirm I am not a diplomat. I also thought that " sending mooty with a vitamix" was genius.
Good to hear, you ordered a very nice car and it should be delivered as agreed upon.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE