991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019 | 11:05 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Just wanted to provide everyone with an update. 12 Porsche executives emailed or contacted by phone over 3 days. 1 email reply, will get back to me. Porsche of Nashua has not reached out to find a solution either publicly or privately. Legal counsel retained. Am I bitter, yes, am I surprised, no. Will I take it all the way, absolutely.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:09 PM
yxc145
Instructor

Originally Posted by Semitone
I've bought two cars from Porsche of Nashua in the last two years and dealt with both Shane and AL. One was a CPO and the other a Euro delivery. Both closed without any drama.

The CPO, they put temp plates on and I registered it myself, out of state ( I live in CT) . The new car..they insisted that they had to register the car. I was not allowed to do it myself. Not a big deal. They took all my info and did the registration. It took them about three weeks but I drove around on a dealer provided temp plate in the interim. I thought the back office was a little difficult to deal with but nothing out of the ordinary.

I have nothing but good things to say about them and good experiences. They will clearly get a look, next time I buy a Porsche.

I don't really know what went down between the OP and the dealer but it was nothing like my experience.
Not sure what two cars you bought from them. I think this whole thing happened because it is a GT car.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:17 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by airkuhl993
Just wanted to provide everyone with an update. 12 Porsche executives emailed or contacted by phone over 3 days. 1 email reply, will get back to me. Porsche of Nashua has not reached out to find a solution either publicly or privately. Legal counsel retained. Am I bitter, yes, am I surprised, no. Will I take it all the way, absolutely.
no reply b/c the budget is used to do "customer satisfaction survey"..
when I get those calls, I always respond "the service was wonderful UNTIL YOU CALLED to waste my time, pls reflect that to your supervisor"
here is where REAL customer service is needed.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:18 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I think there's more to this than what is being posted on this thread.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:26 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
no reply b/c the budget is used to do "customer satisfaction survey"..
when I get those calls, I always respond "the service was wonderful UNTIL YOU CALLED to waste my time, pls reflect that to your supervisor"
here is where REAL customer service is needed.
I tell everyone if I get a survey call, they are getting the worst scores. I didn’t get called (thank you to my dealer you guys rock). If they give me who to call, I will call on my time on my schedule and give them top marks.

Anyway, listen to your lawyer. Not the internet.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:27 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I think there's more to this than what is being posted on this thread.
Patients often don’t tell me the truth. I inform them my recommendations are useless w/o reliable information. If OP significantly misleading it’s his loss and our collective waste of time.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:34 PM
Semitone
Pro

Originally Posted by yxc145
Not sure what two cars you bought from them. I think this whole thing happened because it is a GT car.
No I didn't buy a GT car but the following is entirely inconsistent with what I was told by the dealer.

and then come back to get the car with proof of registration in NH, absolutely no deviations or delays.
The dealer told me that Porsche of Nashua had to register ALL new cars regardless of what state they were shipping to....period. No exceptions. Used cars weren't an issue but new cars are. So this alone tells me that clearly there is something else going on here...maybe a miscommunication. To me, this says the buyer was planning on registering the car. In any event, the OP gets a "few" requests to contact the finance guy but never says that he did or what the finance guys wants. There certainly seems to be missing info.

(EDIT: By the way, IIRC, it was the finance guy that did the work for registering the car. He is the one who collected the paperwork even though I didn't finance the cars. I was very particular about how I wanted the car registered and they needed a POA just in case there was a glitch at the DMV, and the papers I signed needed to be modified.)

Last edited by Semitone; 01-16-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:36 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by djcxxx

Patients often don’t tell me the truth. I inform them my recommendations are useless w/o reliable information. If OP significantly misleading it’s his loss and our collective waste of time.
I go to sketchy clinics and pay cash and don’t give my real name. But he should not say anything potentially detrimental to his position on the matter (which I am sure his lawyer told him). Just like it’s not a great idea to tell your doctor the truth in some circumstances.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:46 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Good for you OP. Thanks for keeping us posted. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:47 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Originally Posted by djcxxx

There is always two sides of a story. I appreciate that in life and business. I have chosen this forum because it offers everyone a chance to speak and question. If someone has something to say I would hope they do it here for the benefit of the community. Any question that has been asked of me I have answered and if there is any crowd that can skewer an OP for false or misleading statements it is this one. When I first posted I had no idea this thread would garner the exposure and thoughtful conversation it has evoked. I just needed a place to vent. Again, not here to defame anyone but I have a big issue with people being taken advantage of and apparently so do most of the members here. We all love Porsche, that is what binds us. Why does supporting the brand have to be so difficult? That is a question for the higher ups I assume but in all things when enough people start to feel unappreciated, they move on. I just want my car to enjoy, to make memories with my son in and to drive! That's the truth.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:50 PM
BealeAss
Rennlist Member

I could throw an exorbitant amount of fire on this thread given mine and multiple friends issues with Porsche Nashua, but I'll keep it light for now (just one story) and reply to a few comments. FWIW they did end up selling me a GT car with euro delivery, but the relationship all fell apart after that conveniently when they had some management changes. So I feel you OP.

Originally Posted by James Walker
There are two sides to every story and it’s very clear to me we don’t know the other side. I personally know Warren Waugh and know him to be of the highest integrity. There’s more to this story than has been reported here.

I would think a short conversation with Warren would go a long ways towards either solving this problem or understanding it.
Fair point there are always two sides. I will say at least the way he allows his business to run is digusting. He has just been pissy since he got f'd out of getting a 911R at sticker a few years back and having to over-pay for one himself despite owning a dealership. From what I understand he has first right of refusal for any GT car and will resell them at any price he wants. Perks of owning a dealership, I get that. But when your sales team starts spilling the real inside scoop to customers, don't be surprised if a few back out deposits. He's not a real enthusiast, just money grubbing, again I get that. We all are in some respect. But act like an adult.

Originally Posted by abiazis
Someone should print out this thread and send it to this dealer and to PCNA.............
It's useless, PCNA doesn't care about this stuff. Several of us have reported Nashua over the last 2-3 years, gets nowhere.

It's the new world, Porsche = Ferrari from a dealer and MSRP mark up perspective. Gone are the days of grow up, make some money, buy your dream car. Now you gotta trudge through the mud to have a chance to get it. People forget you need to also go and buy 14 other cars ahead of it and trade each one in at a major loss just so the dealership can keep you baited up for the one you really want just to buy at MSRP. Why bother they are pumping out GT3's nowadays, its easier to just go spend the $15k markup than deal with all the nonsense and get your hopes up for 12-18mos at a time buying a car.

Originally Posted by Samson911
I'm a bit late to the conversation, but thought I'd chime in. I've had great relationship with Shane, James, and Paul Barstow (when he was selling cars with Nashua).

They've been upfront and helpful and really valued my customer experience. I've also purchased several cars with them previously without issue or drama. It sounds like OP had a very unfortunate experience, but it doesn't reflect the experience of all of the customers.

And yes, Porsche of Nashua sold me a GT car with minimal drama. Having a non-confrontational conversation might go a long way. Shane is a good guy.
Barstow was THE MAN. Once Al took over several of the sales guys left and rightfully so, when Al ran just finance he was a total dick, so was Ray who was the manager at the time. Both of them were constantly being rude to customers and treating them like they weren't worth anything and it was a gift to do business with Porsche Nashua. The only saving grace was Barstow and once he left...Nashua was dead to me.

Here's my short story - once they gave me my deposit back on a GT2RS because it was too much hassle for them to keep all these deposits on not yet existing GT cars. Ok fine, but then when I went to get back on the list the day the car debuted (as instructed) I was told bidding started at $100k over MSRP. Fun time. To weight the scales a little in the positive direction the service crew at Nashua is amazing. Always super nice, helped me out after some damage was done to my car en route back to the States from euro delivery. Totally top notch. But the sales team, managers, owners. F em. My money is being spent elsewhere for anything Porsche.

Sorry OP, but most guys here are probably right. They know they can sell this car for far more profit than your MSRP and are selling you out. I get they might get a sniff of risk going on about the export b/c they are a decently volumed dealer and wouldn't want to ruin it (particularly for GT cars), but still, I feel for you.
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:53 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Originally Posted by SToronto
Did you own a Porsche dealership? Are you going to?
I did
Old 01-16-2019 | 11:59 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Originally Posted by Semitone
No I didn't buy a GT car but the following is entirely inconsistent with what I was told by the dealer.

The dealer told me that Porsche of Nashua had to register ALL new cars regardless of what state they were shipping to....period. No exceptions. Used cars weren't an issue but new cars are. So this alone tells me that clearly there is something else going on here...maybe a miscommunication. To me, this says the buyer was planning on registering the car. In any event, the OP gets a "few" requests to contact the finance guy but never says that he did or what the finance guys wants. There certainly seems to be missing info.
Thank you for your comment. To clarify I am obliged to register in NH as I have a NH license. The process is simple. The car is paid for, they hand me the title, I go to city hall(in this case Manchester) I hand over the registration fee and they give me plates and off I go. The dealer does not register the car for you if registered in NH. He only provides you with the title to do so. I can't speak to financed cars, I am talking about fully paid cars. I also can't speak as to why in other states if the car is bought in Nashua and registered in say Hartford, CT but my understanding is there is tax implications, I could be wrong. The requests to contact the finance guy were purely to provide "title information" so I was told. To be crystal clear I was never asked to finance the car and had communicated to them when the car was going to be delivered at PEC ATL that I was paying in cash and they never asked again. Again, I had reached out a few times earlier in the process about the prospect of trading in a car and checking finance rates but those were inquiries only. Whilst I understand everyone is searching for the "missing info" don't forget that the only reason the deal was cancelled was because of "export concerns". That's it. Take from this what you will.
Old 01-17-2019 | 12:14 AM
Semitone
Pro

FYI, what you were told is not consistent with what I was told. Nashua made it clear to me, that regardless of state, the dealer had to do the registration of NEW cars. IIRC, they told me this was required and they may have said it was because of export concerns or that it was a requirement of Porsche corporate. I was just a bit aggravated because I knew I could do it in 40 minutes but they were going to take three weeks and then maybe screw it up . There was no option of letting me do it. In the end, I think they gypped themselves and ended up eating some of the fees for registration but I wasn't overly concerned.

By they way, I am not an expert, but I believe a NEW car needs to be registered first...then a title is issued by the state, not the other way around.

Nonetheless, I hope you get this sorted.

Last edited by Semitone; 01-17-2019 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-17-2019 | 12:24 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by James Walker
I did
That's cool! Sidebar but I'd be very interested in hearing how you got a brand dealership and what's involved in doing so. Always been a childhood dream.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE