GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 12:14 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
its crazy how worthless the man is... total BS

I know Simon quite well... he is a phenomenal guy who is passionate about the brand. Just understand that Porsche is a very structured and bureaucratic company and I am almost certain this is not just his decision to release the information. He is extremely helpful, cares about customers and is doing all he can. He works hard, is highly respected inside Porsche and is far from worthless. As an example. he was key to getting the warranty extension on the .1 cars and the meeting with porsche execs and the COG last year. All of that took time, but the result was amazing. I think we need to understand that issues like this are core to the Porsche brand, and I would imagine communications likely need to be approved at the board level.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:15 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

I was on the Bangkok- - car just got released! "The quality control issue didn't affect your vehicle".
Old 12-20-2018, 01:00 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I know Simon quite well... he is a phenomenal guy who is passionate about the brand. Just understand that Porsche is a very structured and bureaucratic company and I am almost certain this is not just his decision to release the information. He is extremely helpful, cares about customers and is doing all he can. He works hard, is highly respected inside Porsche and is far from worthless. As an example. he was key to getting the warranty extension on the .1 cars and the meeting with porsche execs and the COG last year. All of that took time, but the result was amazing. I think we need to understand that issues like this are core to the Porsche brand, and I would imagine communications likely need to be approved at the board level.
I will second this. Met Simon at Smokies last year and he does what he can. I think his hands are likely tied by the corporation. He is a big car/Porsche enthusiast
Old 12-20-2018, 01:04 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Called PCNA today. Mine is a GT3 manual. Build completion Nov. 9. No delay as of now.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:35 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I am sure he is a nice person, and passionate about Porsche/cars in general.. however the diplomatic response isn't something I care for, nor do I want to hear. Glad you met him and think highly of him. In this case I still think he is worthless.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:47 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Very likely PAG have kept PCNA in the dark....not unusual for them, and they are off for Christmas.....

However, I did call PCNA this afternoon and the Rep read the same statement that was given on this topic earlier word for word with the emphasis that no public information is available, as in, we know what the reason is , yet we are not obligated to tell the customers ......maybe another oil leak issue that they want to avoid publicizing. Hopefully a quick fix.

Last edited by malmasri; 12-20-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:05 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

I am sure he is a nice person, and passionate about Porsche/cars in general.. however the diplomatic response isn't something I care for, nor do I want to hear. Glad you met him and think highly of him. In this case I still think he is worthless.

Before you emailed Simon, you should have warned him that if he doesn't provide you exactly what you're looking for, you'll stomp your feet and morph into Bam Bam Flintstone:

Old 12-20-2018, 02:26 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Just got confirmed with PEC Atlanta. My manual PTS GT3 is part of the quality hold. Was supposed to be delivered in Feb. Hopefully get an update next week,
Old 12-20-2018, 02:45 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 417 Likes on 232 Posts

I'm looking at this as one of those scenarios where if you don't have something nice to say maybe you should think about it a few times and not say anything. Bad mouthing someone, that you don't know, on an internet forum because you can't get what you want in a situation that is obviously controlled by the mothership is bad form. It's pretty obvious he isn't allowed to tell you exactly what is going on and to call him worthless because the man doesn't want to lose his job is harsh. While I can understand the frustration with something like this, it is not a life or death situation where all the facts are needed at this very moment. While it might calm your frustrations to know what is going on it isn't going to change the situation and get the car delivered any faster. Given the publicity this issue has gotten you will find out what happened and then you can determine if you still want the car or if you want to tell them they can keep it. Just my two cents, on an issue that doesn't impact me today, but could impact me in the future based on how people react today and how the company decides to respond in the future.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:53 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
I'm looking at this as one of those scenarios where if you don't have something nice to say maybe you should think about it a few times and not say anything. Bad mouthing someone, that you don't know, on an internet forum because you can't get what you want in a situation that is obviously controlled by the mothership is bad form. It's pretty obvious he isn't allowed to tell you exactly what is going on and to call him worthless because the man doesn't want to lose his job is harsh. While I can understand the frustration with something like this, it is not a life or death situation where all the facts are needed at this very moment. While it might calm your frustrations to know what is going on it isn't going to change the situation and get the car delivered any faster. Given the publicity this issue has gotten you will find out what happened and then you can determine if you still want the car or if you want to tell them they can keep it. Just my two cents, on an issue that doesn't impact me today, but could impact me in the future based on how people react today and how the company decides to respond in the future.
Well said. I think it is poor form to beat up the middle man in this situation as well. I think most people have been in a situation where they would like to do better for others but simply cant for one reason or another that is beyond their control. If you cant relate to that you must lead one privileged life.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:05 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts

Looks like many of the RS are making their way through. My GT3T is only slightly hung up: a week or so. I was really hoping to get the car to the dealer and invoiced by the end of the year so I could use my tax credit before it expires 1 Jan. Fingers still crossed.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:29 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by A418t81
Looks like many of the RS are making their way through. My GT3T is only slightly hung up: a week or so. I was really hoping to get the car to the dealer and invoiced by the end of the year so I could use my tax credit before it expires 1 Jan. Fingers still crossed.
They can work around that
Old 12-20-2018, 03:41 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What's strange is my car was completed on the same day as others on here who have the delay. I'm so curious what it could be. I also wouldn't be surprised if mine suddenly gets delayed.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:44 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Before you emailed Simon, you should have warned him that if he doesn't provide you exactly what you're looking for, you'll stomp your feet and morph into Bam Bam Flintstone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOWR0CfMUZE
LOL, that's funny, I wouldn't do that, just bummed about the experience that is all. With purchasing a car, its all about the experience in my opinion, and that is where Porsche is failing right now.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:55 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Well said. I think it is poor form to beat up the middle man in this situation as well. I think most people have been in a situation where they would like to do better for others but simply cant for one reason or another that is beyond their control. If you cant relate to that you must lead one privileged life.
I am not personally attacking the man, all I said is he is worthless in this situation, that's it. I run a rather large business and deal with issues large and small. The worst thing we can do to our customers is keep them in the dark, especially if we know what the issue is. Maybe they don't know what the issue is but I would be really surprised if they cant track what goes in their cars down to the gnats A$$. You can say that I have "poor form" but i'm just stating my opinion about this situation. He is the VP of customer experience, and right now, due to the bureaucracy at Porsche they are getting in the way of him doing his job, hence my comment oh being worthless. If you consider that poor form so be it, i have poor form then.. Now, could he be a nice guy, i am sure he is an amazing man that has a lot of passion for cars and Porsche, this experience is just being tarnished by the lack of communication.

Quick Reply: GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April