Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 09:06 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 73 Posts

Others have suggested before and it’s totally speculative, but it does sound like sales number manipulation.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:11 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by plasticsdoc
Mine was on hold then PCNA and dealer said it was off hold. Expected transport to dealer and late december pick up or early january. got call today the car was put on "administrative" hold and who knows when it will be released. seems to be affecting some of many types of Porsche non GT cars as well. more than a little frustrating. anyone else? Mine was on Bangkok landed Houston a while ago GT3RS WP.
my car was on hold as well then released. It has been sitting at Houston port for 10 days with truck after truck unloading GT cars here in Dallas including a buddies car from the Bangkok that arrived today. After reading your post I’m afraid to call Pcna.....
Old 12-27-2018, 11:27 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Others have suggested before and it’s totally speculative, but it does sound like sales number manipulation.
It has nothing to do with sales manipulation.

Auto manufacturers control sales numbers by temporarily blocking the dealers’ ability to RDR their cars. When auto manufacturers meet their objectives, they temporarily block the ability to report a vehicle sold.

This is has no adverse effect on a customer. If anything, it gives a client a few extra days of warranty.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:39 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

Auto manufacturers control sales numbers by temporarily blocking the dealers’ ability to RDR their cars. When auto manufacturers meet their objectives, they temporarily block the ability to report a vehicle sold.

This is has no adverse effect on a customer. If anything, it gives a client a few extra days of warranty.
At what point does the manufacture recognize a sale (upon delivery to dealer or delivery to a customer, or landing at the destination country?
Old 12-27-2018, 11:50 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,810 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

Fascinating that you're so in the know about what the reasons aren't but you and all the other RL 'experts' that have gone out of their way to thrive in the identity of the ones enlightening us about how things really work, have been MIA with any constructive info in regards to what the holdup actually was ... so much so that you might as well have turned on a 'I have nothing to say' strobe light.

Would you like to share any useful information on what the issue actually was?

The original CW would have given out the info yonks ago ... I guess you've been assimilated by the CJ hive. I don't know what corporate did to you but it surely has been a successful re-education. Unfortunately it means that you have stopped being one of the few sources of substantive content ... at this point you might as well post pics of your dog.

There I said it.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:59 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Little harsh isn't that? He provides good info here, and i assume the mothership is forbidding all forms of communication around this issue.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:12 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Little harsh isn't that? He provides good info here, and i assume the mothership is forbidding all forms of communication around this issue.
CW is now a kinder and gentler RL poster now. haha
Old 12-28-2018, 11:01 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,810 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
A little, the holidays are hell and I've been known to take a sip or two to cope with mother's visit.

I was honestly trying to be more sarcastic than mean spirited, although looking back on it it didn't come off that way ... so my bad for being a meanie.

It's just based on frustration at the complete lack of information on this issue, and although we all enjoy to be regaled in CW's tales of the inner workings of dealerships and PCNA, that information is only satisfactory as far as our curiosity on how the sausages are made rather than having any tangible affect. Whereas this would have been the perfect time to apply some of that inside knowledge that CW has never been shy in sharing for the benefit of members who's cars had been affected.

Anyhoot, it's not like we're entitled to CW's knowledge but it would have been nice to have it on this issue.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:22 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Irritated with Porsche. My car has been sitting at Houston’s port 3 hours away for 10 days. No hold. I called 1800porsche and was told it would be realeased to a truck sometime in the next 21days. Not a good way to treat paying customers. A car 2 days ahead of mine on a ship was delivered yesterday. Impossible to coordinate ppf/tint/detail.. Dealer has no information. This may be my last Porsche
Old 12-28-2018, 05:24 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NSD991
Irritated with Porsche. My car has been sitting at Houston’s port 3 hours away for 10 days. No hold. I called 1800porsche and was told it would be realeased to a truck sometime in the next 21days. Not a good way to treat paying customers. A car 2 days ahead of mine on a ship was delivered yesterday. Impossible to coordinate ppf/tint/detail.. Dealer has no information. This may be my last Porsche
Which dealer is your car going to?
Old 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Which dealer is your car going to?

Parkplace
Old 12-28-2018, 05:42 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Parkplace
Good dealer....mine should be at North Houston any day.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:57 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

https://usa.gtechniq.com/products/au...-trim-restorer

Has anyone tried this? It works wonders on other issues like this.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

get used to it
no info or useless info is what they are about.
one of my car was late 10 month, no, I am not kidding.
and I ordered enough cars that I know the delay is NOT caused by my changes; there were no changes.
I FINALLY complained.
and several porsche ppl called.
very friendly cordial and generally useless.
I quote ".... we are very sorry... it is very surprising to us that your car is delayed this long... we ourselves do not understand. we have contacted Germany.. they have not provided us an answer..."

you know....
I am not smart but I am not that stupid.
if your wife got pregnant, hopefully you did it.
if you didnt, then SOMEONE knows who did it.
SOMENE has to know
but that SOMEONE at PAG PCNA is not stepping up.

what bothers me is not the delay or the reason for delay but why these guys at PCNA PAG have no fkg *****.
if you cut down the cherry tree, just say you cut down the cherry tree...

why are there so many pansies now days.
grow a pair of *****. but of course, PAG PCNA grows third nipple called sport Chrono...
hell, I need my meds.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:16 AM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

don’t take your meds. I like this mooty....I needed a laugh

Quick Reply: GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April