Sponsored by:

GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 04:29 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
I'm looking at this as one of those scenarios where if you don't have something nice to say maybe you should think about it a few times and not say anything. Bad mouthing someone, that you don't know, on an internet forum because you can't get what you want in a situation that is obviously controlled by the mothership is bad form. It's pretty obvious he isn't allowed to tell you exactly what is going on and to call him worthless because the man doesn't want to lose his job is harsh. While I can understand the frustration with something like this, it is not a life or death situation where all the facts are needed at this very moment. While it might calm your frustrations to know what is going on it isn't going to change the situation and get the car delivered any faster. Given the publicity this issue has gotten you will find out what happened and then you can determine if you still want the car or if you want to tell them they can keep it. Just my two cents, on an issue that doesn't impact me today, but could impact me in the future based on how people react today and how the company decides to respond in the future.
Well said..
I will add. While I was dealing with the PTS hold ups of last year, I got to ride with Simon during the Smokies. Cause I was without a car. He was genuine disappointed for me. Yet, he couldn't really give me a true answer to why. I didn't automatically think he was worthless. I understood he only allowed to let out x-amount info. Was I happy about it? no but it wasn't like he was going to have my car there next week after telling my why the hold up.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:39 PM
toddjude
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A418t81
Looks like many of the RS are making their way through. My GT3T is only slightly hung up: a week or so. I was really hoping to get the car to the dealer and invoiced by the end of the year so I could use my tax credit before it expires 1 Jan. Fingers still crossed.
are you talking about a tax credit from a trade?
Old 12-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
Well said..
I will add. While I was dealing with the PTS hold ups of last year, I got to ride with Simon during the Smokies. Cause I was without a car. He was genuine disappointed for me. Yet, he couldn't really give me a true answer to why. I didn't automatically think he was worthless. I understood he only allowed to let out x-amount info. Was I happy about it? no but it wasn't like he was going to have my car there next week after telling my why the hold up.
Yep...don’t kill the messenger... but make sure you he knows you don’t like the message, if that’s the case.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:10 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
They can work around that
Oh really? You have a PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:11 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by toddjude
are you talking about a tax credit from a trade?
Sorry, didn’t see this until after I posted my other reply, or I would have mutliquoted. Yes, I have a trade in tax credit.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:25 PM
toddjude
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A418t81

Sorry, didn’t see this until after I posted my other reply, or I would have mutliquoted. Yes, I have a trade in tax credit.
i traded in my gts two weeks ago and should be taking delivery of my gt3t in jan. they said they can (and often) do that. they are holding a line item tax credit amount towards my gt3t. this is in texas.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At the dealer
Attached Images    
Old 12-20-2018, 06:16 PM
Augdog1964
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Word from my dealer...

Hold due to potential for oil seepage from the oil reservoir... if found, a simple fix and car on the way...

Least that is what I was told...
Old 12-20-2018, 08:56 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
At the dealer
Congrats, did you get WP with the Miami Blue? Black wheels?
Old 12-20-2018, 09:40 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but all recent pannameras are on hold and recall for steering software. I heard about it last week at the dealer (someone wanted to test drive), but Porsche announced it today. Doubt it’s the same issue, but it does show they release info it just takes time.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:18 PM
tchanning
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Southampton Porsche has two Black Gt3 RS's one WP and one without. Just saw them yesterday.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:23 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Augdog1964
Word from my dealer...

Hold due to potential for oil seepage from the oil reservoir... if found, a simple fix and car on the way...

Least that is what I was told...
cool. So what RL identified at least as early as August.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:39 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Well said. I think it is poor form to beat up the middle man in this situation as well. I think most people have been in a situation where they would like to do better for others but simply cant for one reason or another that is beyond their control. If you cant relate to that you must lead one privileged life.
Originally Posted by mwar99
I'm looking at this as one of those scenarios where if you don't have something nice to say maybe you should think about it a few times and not say anything. Bad mouthing someone, that you don't know, on an internet forum because you can't get what you want in a situation that is obviously controlled by the mothership is bad form. It's pretty obvious he isn't allowed to tell you exactly what is going on and to call him worthless because the man doesn't want to lose his job is harsh. While I can understand the frustration with something like this, it is not a life or death situation where all the facts are needed at this very moment. While it might calm your frustrations to know what is going on it isn't going to change the situation and get the car delivered any faster. Given the publicity this issue has gotten you will find out what happened and then you can determine if you still want the car or if you want to tell them they can keep it. Just my two cents, on an issue that doesn't impact me today, but could impact me in the future based on how people react today and how the company decides to respond in the future.
Originally Posted by meaker
Well said..
Originally Posted by Fdvigna

Yep...don’t kill the messenger... but make sure you he knows you don’t like the message, if that’s the case.
Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
I am not personally attacking the man, all I said is he is worthless in this situation, that's it. I run a rather large business and deal with issues large and small. The worst thing we can do to our customers is keep them in the dark, especially if we know what the issue is. Maybe they don't know what the issue is but I would be really surprised if they cant track what goes in their cars down to the gnats A$$. You can say that I have "poor form" but i'm just stating my opinion about this situation. He is the VP of customer experience, and right now, due to the bureaucracy at Porsche they are getting in the way of him doing his job, hence my comment oh being worthless. If you consider that poor form so be it, i have poor form then.. Now, could he be a nice guy, i am sure he is an amazing man that has a lot of passion for cars and Porsche, this experience is just being tarnished by the lack of communication.
While I completely understand the points you are making, I believe it’s a poor choice of words to call the man ‘worthless’. Bit harsh for the topic at hand in my opinion.
‘Hope it all works out for you.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:42 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)

While I completely understand the points you are making, I believe it’s a poor choice of words to call the man ‘worthless’. Bit harsh for the topic at hand in my opinion.
‘Hope it all works out for you.
I appreciate your feedback and respect your opinion. I still feel the same way, and that is my opinion . I am sure it will work out just fine.

Last edited by HEAT'N'COOL; 12-21-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:45 PM
sterno
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Who told you this? I am dealing with the GM and he says no word from Porsche which so not cool. My car is due into the port tomorrow. I have owned Porsches since 1976 and to leave customers in the dark is beyond.

Quick Reply: GT3RS stuck at USA Port till April