GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 01:57 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Personal Knowledge

Originally Posted by STG
Nobody was that blindsided as to Shiraaz's character.
Do you know Shiraaz?
Old 09-17-2018, 02:00 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Nobody was that blindsided as to Shiraaz's character.
Hindsight and all, sure, but he was a salesman and apparently a good one, selling his employers a line. There can be a remarkable amount of similarity between con and sales men.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:09 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Suitcase
Just to be very clear, Mitra is a good guy. Champion is an excellent dealership with very many knowledgeable, honest and honorable employees. They have delivered thousands of Porsches and have thousands of happy customers. How else do you get to be the #1 dealership in the U.S.? Let's not make RL the lynch mob for ruining good people's reputations based on inaccuracies, speculation and a mob rule mentality.

What we know is this: A salesman working for Champion allegedly took customer deposits for Porsche automobiles and deposited the funds in an account which included the name Champion but was not an account of Copans Motors or Champion Porsche as we know it. That salesman is missing, the deposits that went into an account controlled by that salesman are missing and the customers affected did not receive either a car or the return of their deposit.

As of now, Champion Porsche, under Mitra Maraj's direction, is working to find out who the victims are and make them whole. If Champion didn't take the deposit how would they even know who was ripped off? This may take some time. For all we know there may be more victims and even fake victims. I would expect that the authorities are looking for SS, the alleged perpetrator. I say alleged because to the best of my knowledge he has not been convicted of this crime. This is still the U.S.

I have never met Mitra so can't attest to the good guy comment.

You're downplaying Shiraaz as just a "salesman" which he was not. He was listed as a VP of Marketing on their website and a member of the management team, but from my research he didn't have a clear role there. He wasn't a 9-5 guy in the office and selling and delivering cars. He'd come and go as he pleased. He'd drive around in cars like a Rolls Royce, Huracan, and McLaren. Spending $30K a night at a Miami club wasn't uncommon. He was a close member of ownership and best friends with Mitra Manaj. He was also employed there 10 years and everyone at the dealership knew about the 911R scam when it happened.

From my sources Mitra was always the entitled type and didn't take the job very seriously. Show up dressed like whatever and whenever. My sources aren't very confident he can steer the ship alone and question his competency. I hope that he can and wish him luck.

Dave Maraj was a very good and aggressive businessman. Very competitive and would do anything to take a sale away from another dealer. From what I've heard, would go over and above for customers.

The question still remains, what was it that allowed Shiraaz to be around for so long?? He had something to offer. Exactly what, I'm not 100% sure???

As far as Mr. Suitcase goes, they seem to have been very good to you at Champion and can understand your pleasure with them. You've bought a lot of cars from them. Champion no doubt has done a lot of things right becoming a successful dealership.

There is just a lot of mystery involving Shiraaz and on a separate topic Dave Maraj's still suspicious death.

Last edited by STG; 09-17-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Do you know Shiraaz?
No, never met him but have heard stories from credible sources.

I just hope he was his day in court and victims are made 100% whole.

Seem like a stand up guy

Name:  photo835.jpg
Views: 2002
Size:  550.9 KBName:  photo869.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  209.7 KB
Old 09-17-2018, 02:19 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Originally Posted by STG
No, never met him but have heard stories from credible sources.

I just hope he was his day in court and victims are made 100% whole.
I agree.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:24 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by STG
Seem like a stand up guy
Babydaddy x 10 agrees
Old 09-17-2018, 02:25 PM
STG
Race Director

The international crowd seems to love the story. Some more cut/paste fun for my friend Archie.

Name:  photo461.jpg
Views: 2131
Size:  1.40 MB

Name:  photo119.jpg
Views: 2046
Size:  807.6 KB

Name:  photo929.jpg
Views: 2020
Size:  941.9 KB
Old 09-17-2018, 02:26 PM
STG
Race Director

I agree.

How well do you know him? Surely you've had interactions with him and know more than you're telling us? I assume? Anything to share?
Old 09-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

You're downplaying Shiraaz as just a "salesman" which he was not. He was listed as a VP of Marketing on their website, but from my research he didn't have a clear role there. He wasn't a 9-5 guy in the office and selling and delivering cars. He'd come and go as he pleased. He'd drive around in cars like a Rolls Royce, Huracan, and McLaren. Spending $30K a night at a Miami club wasn't uncommon. He was a close member of ownership and best friends with Mitra Manaj. He was also employed there 10 years and everyone at the dealership knew about the 911R scam when it happened.

From my sources Mitra was always the entitled type and didn't take the job very seriously. Show up dressed like whatever and whenever. My sources aren't very confident he can steer the ship alone and question his competency.
Geraldo, is that you?!
Old 09-17-2018, 02:38 PM
STG
Race Director

Yes Archie. It’'s me. Expect a prime time special soon. Will be better than Al Capone’'s safe. Will you join me? If nobody finds this discussion interesting I can stop.

The Rennlist home page seems to like it

Name:  photo767.jpg
Views: 1899
Size:  100.7 KBName:  photo569.jpg
Views: 1979
Size:  1.12 MB

https://rennlist.com/articles/rennli...h-2-5-million/
Old 09-17-2018, 02:59 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

these "black market" dealings and dealers are a stain, SS is just the one who got caught
Old 09-17-2018, 03:05 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Originally Posted by STG

You're downplaying Shiraaz as just a "salesman" which he was not. He was listed as a VP of Marketing on their website, but from my research he didn't have a clear role there. He wasn't a 9-5 guy in the office and selling and delivering cars. He'd come and go as he pleased. He'd drive around in cars like a Rolls Royce, Huracan, and McLaren. Spending $30K a night at a Miami club wasn't uncommon. He was a close member ownership and best friends with Mitra Manaj. He was also employed there 10 years and everyone at the dealership knew about the 911R scam when it happened.

From my sources Mitra was always the entitled type and didn't take the job very seriously. Show up dressed like whatever and whenever. My sources aren't very confident he can steer the ship alone and question his competency.

Dave Maraj was a very good and aggressive businessman. Very competitive and would do anything to take a sale away from another dealer. From what I've heard, would go over and above for customers.

The question still remains, what was it that allowed Shiraaz to be around for so long?? He had something to offer. Exactly what, I'm not 100% sure???

As far as Mr. Suitcase goes, they seem to have been very good to you at Champion and can understand you're pleasure with them. You've bought a lot of cars from them. Champion no doubt has done a lot of things right becoming a successful dealership.

There is just a lot of mystery involving Shiraaz and on a separate topic Dave Maraj's still suspicious death.
First of all, the Dave Maraj I knew would never put up with anything that would damage his customers, his reputation or Champion's reputation let alone this crap! That's what I love about Champion. We all know that car dealerships in general don't have a good reputation. And it's deserved. It took me 6 months and lots of threats to get my $22k deposit back from a Ford dealer (GT350R) after a year of not being able to deliver the car. When the deposit was finally returned, I made a +$4k ADM deal on another R Code Mustang. I paid for the car in full when it came in. After a few days they wired the money back and told me they didn't want to sell me the car. It was then advertised on the internet at a +$20k ADM. I sued. I won. I get it. And BTW, I have plenty of Porsche dealership stories as well.

Anything and everything Champion has ever promised me I could count on. I'm not their best customer and certainly not their wealthiest. But even when I was going through a divorce and couldn't afford to buy a new Porsche I was treated with dignity and respect. I have seen no different for any other person who walks in their door. Dave was "old school" retail. The customer comes first.

Mitra may not always dress in traditional business attire but he's is a good guy, who very recently and unexpectedly lost his Father, and is now thrown into the worst of situations. I believe he is committed to resolving this mess and will do so.

As for Shiraaz? I don't know him. "VP of Marketing" is nothing more than a business card.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:39 PM
STG
Race Director

First of all, the Dave Maraj I knew would never put up with anything that would damage his customers, his reputation or Champion's reputation let alone this crap! That's what I love about Champion. We all know that car dealerships in general don't have a good reputation. And it's deserved. It took me 6 months and lots of threats to get my $22k deposit back from a Ford dealer (GT350R) after a year of not being able to deliver the car. When the deposit was finally returned, I made a +$4k ADM deal on another R Code Mustang. I paid for the car in full when it came in. After a few days they wired the money back and told me they didn't want to sell me the car. It was then advertised on the internet at a +$20k ADM. I sued. I won. I get it. And BTW, I have plenty of Porsche dealership stories as well.

Anything and everything Champion has ever promised me I could count on. I'm not their best customer and certainly not their wealthiest. But even when I was going through a divorce and couldn't afford to buy a new Porsche I was treated with dignity and respect. I have seen no different for any other person who walks in their door. Dave was "old school" retail. The customer comes first.

Mitra may not always dress in traditional business attire but he's is a good guy, who very recently and unexpectedly lost his Father, and is now thrown into the worst of situations. I believe he is committed to resolving this mess and will do so.

As for Shiraaz? I don't know him. "VP of Marketing" is nothing more than a business card.

He somehow made it to the management part of the website. 8 people out of what, 100 employees? Must have been more than a business card.

I heard Shiraaz was an all around "to go guy". Had a lot of pull there and had the image of a big player there. He did a bit of everything. Worked in both the Dealership and Motorsports. He was a trusted individual and very involved in the business.

Sorry about your unpleasant Ford experience. Sounds much worse than what's going on here and whole drama surrounding the ADM/dealer/broker drama What does the Ford forum have to say about it?

Do you really think this will even put a dent in their business with the bread and butter high volume models? Highly doubt it. Doubt their sales will be affected at all. I wish them luck in settling with the victims and moving on with business.

You think they're looking for a new VP of Marketing?? Think I qualify? Put a good word in for me??

Name:  photo538.jpg
Views: 2287
Size:  336.3 KBName:  photo350.jpg
Views: 2388
Size:  357.3 KBName:  photo303.jpg
Views: 2174
Size:  376.4 KBName:  photo426.jpg
Views: 2483
Size:  357.6 KB

Last edited by STG; 09-17-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:29 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 362 Likes on 219 Posts

Somehow the best part of this thread is being neglected : the one where Redstreak wrote that she was offered a monthly salary to play. I still don't get it : was it from Shiraaz or from the owner of the dealership?!
The situation sucks to be honest! Imagine being a woman among some of these a-holes! I would've said " Yes I'll do it "...get the a-hole drunk and then take care of business with some vice-grips!
I bet it happens everywhere in Corporate America!
Old 09-17-2018, 04:43 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

VP of marketing!

Marketing:

noun

the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.

Sounds like a business card employee to me.

Hope he's faring well overseas.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing