Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 11:45 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I agree, the fact that PCNA has allowed this practice to continue without attempting to address it has contributed to third parties figuring out how they can scam the system. I personally was in the market for a GT3RS but would not pay ADM and couldn't find a dealer who would give me an allocation at MSRP. I was disappointed by Champion that they didn't offer me one, being a former Champion Audi and Champion Porsche customer several times over. I even emailed Dave Maraj but realized I wouldn't get a return email from him as he drowned 5 days later.

So it was obviously common knowledge even to yourself that Champion wouldn't give you an allocation at MSRP. If you knew that, so did every other moron working at the dealership and there was paperwork floating around with all the car deals. No ADM's on them?? How funny.

So the guy with with an office somewhere in the back warehouse was 100% in charge of GT car sales and 100% of the accounting and bookwork related to them without NOBODY else being involved or knowing anything is a joke.

How about registering these cars?? Buyers needed financing?? Oh yeah, only one person who people barely saw and had an office in an outhouse handled all of those alone??? All the while doing marketing for the whole dealership??

Old 09-16-2018, 11:45 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Just returned from Champion after spending an hour there talking to my salesman and the general manager. Champion issued a public statement this morning and said that they have already been in contact with almost every defrauded customer and have either given them an allocation spot at MSRP, or told them they will be reimbursing them for all monies stolen from them by their rogue employee. The statement is:
If the Deposits were ADM why should these people get them back if they are getting a car? They chose to fuel the spectator market.

Everyone now gets MSRP? so MSRP depends on how screwed you are? Where did these cars come from , Champions allocations? what about legit buyers ahead in line? how about other deserving dealers who are now without those allocations? Champion now profits on each sale?

Did PCNA just give them 25 more allocations? Did they get 25 more from PAG? or does this come out of some other guys well deserved allocations?
Old 09-16-2018, 11:55 AM
jeffburck
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed a GT car order with Champion August 23, 2018 but did not pay a deposit.
My understanding was that protocal would be for the buyer to pay $50k adm /deposit at order.

When the vehicle arrived, the buyer would pay msrp plus fees, tax, tag and title.
The salient question is did the sales contract reflect the $50k adm, with state sales tax on the total amount?
Old 09-16-2018, 11:59 AM
karl1672
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting perspective - so if you signed up for an allocation with SS, it was MSRP + ADM. Champion does the deal at MSRP and makes their profit - and you get the deal you signed up for (not considering the stress and agrivation of the past week of two).

Except for a huge hit to their reputation (most people have short memories), Champion gets their profit and the buyer gets their car at the price they expected.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,422 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
If the Deposits were ADM why should these people get them back if they are getting a car? They chose to fuel the spectator market.

Everyone now gets MSRP? so MSRP depends on how screwed you are? Where did these cars come from , Champions allocations? what about legit buyers ahead in line? how about other deserving dealers who are now without those allocations? Champion now profits on each sale?

Did PCNA just give them 25 more allocations? Did they get 25 more from PAG? or does this come out of some other guys well deserved allocations?
Agreed. People should get their money back, but not be able to jump back to the front of the line and get a car at MSRP.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:16 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by jeffburck
I placed a GT car order with Champion August 23, 2018 but did not pay a deposit.
My understanding was that protocal would be for the buyer to pay $50k adm /deposit at order.

When the vehicle arrived, the buyer would pay msrp plus fees, tax, tag and title.
The salient question is did the sales contract reflect the $50k adm, with state sales tax on the total amount?

Are you talking about a real deal here? Yours?

Have paperwork of course?
Old 09-16-2018, 12:18 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ve read this whole shi tty saga & I’m no attorney, but I do know what pisses me off-This d bag had the easiest job in the world-a monkey could sell GT Porsches out here in SoCal.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:18 PM
STG
Race Director

With pushing 70K views here, surprised nobody with previous dealings with Shiraaz have popped up?? Previous employees of Champion?? There's a lot of info out there to be told. Sign in guys and fill us in.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

Several months ago, my salesman told me that if I wanted an early GT3RS, that it was $50,000 ADM and that the sales price on the purchase order is MSRP + $50k, all of which are taxable. Yesterday, I confirmed this to be the case with Jim Hahn, the Sales Mgr.

I never considered paying a large ADM.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Maybe I'm an optimist but imagine you are the top brass at Champion and this hits the fan. Don't you think you might need a few days to figure out what actually happened, consult a lawyer to figure out what you can and can't do, consult with PCNA as well and then figure out if you have the money and/or allocations to make these promises, weed thru the real customers and those trying to take advantage and separate wild rumor from
GTFO here with those rational thoughts. The internet operates on Veruca Salt time. “I want it NOW Daddy!”
Old 09-16-2018, 12:37 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Several months ago, my salesman told me that if I wanted an early GT3RS, that it was $50,000 ADM and that the sales price on the purchase order is MSRP + $50k, all of which are taxable. Yesterday, I confirmed this to be the case with Jim Hahn, the Sales Mgr.

I never considered paying a large ADM.

so the biggest dealer in the country routinely auctions off allocations for MSRP+ADM and their employee does too, but nobody knows how and why this happens

and the owner mysteriously drowns before this all falls apart
Old 09-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

According to online accounts and from this thread, it appears that SS never actually placed orders into the PCNA ordering system for the defrauded buyer's cars. He took their build specs, used Champion computers to make the paperwork look real and even used Champion's cc processing system to process a few of the monies, and sent back bogus paperwork to his clients. When time went on, he sent buyers actual build sheets from other buyer's cars (which the buyer may have backed out on or not) completely unrelated to the builds his victims submitted, and pressured them into taking the car or losing their deposit. Management at Champion told me they did not have any evidence that any of SS orders were actually placed into their system.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Keep in mind, $2.5MM is ONLY what he ran off with. Didn't take long to get that kind of number together. Over the past 10 years, there could possibly be $20MM+++ in undeclared revenue, etc.

I agree, everyone knew the game. Even the brokers. They could care less as long as they were getting their cut. They were being paid themselves out of the shill accounts. All these damn brokers in the business and they all talk. Somehow Champion ownership and management never knew brokers were working with Shiraaz?? Common now. Many of us here aren't that gullible.

We've uncovered many facts to dispute the couple naysayers. The evidence is overwhelmingly not looking good for Champions management and ownership..
Take a deep breath. You’re just making wild assumptions and accusations with no facts at this point. So he stole $20 mil now? And yet he couldn’t even pay his Amex bill?
Old 09-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
so the biggest dealer in the country routinely auctions off allocations for MSRP+ADM and their employee does too, but nobody knows how and why this happens

and the owner mysteriously drowns before this all falls apart
It was allowed by Champion management. The legitimate salespeople did it with their approval using the correct mechanism's visible to the management, the rogue salesman did it though his shell company and defrauded his customers. Sales via legitimate salespeople delivered vehicles, sales via SS went bye bye with SS.

Believe me, I'm not happy they allow ADM, but every other Porsche dealership here in South FL does too, so its no surprise.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Freakhead
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 55 Posts

This will probably be the only comment on this thread that everyone can agree on; though it may spark a "what kind of monkey are you talking about?" debate.

Originally Posted by GTSdds
I’ve read this whole shi tty saga & I’m no attorney, but I do know what pisses me off-This d bag had the easiest job in the world-a monkey could sell GT Porsches out here in SoCal.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing