With some ADM deposits of course.
Zing! lol

Old 09-15-2018, 04:43 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,260 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Please wire $$ to Champion Autosports. Acct # 991-2

The Shiraaz legal fund. Only accept deposits of $15K-$20K. Brokers get back $2,500.00 per lead.

Some of these brokers must be getting nervous. The paper trail will all be uncovered by the authorities. Wonder if they expose themselves to any liability? After all they were paid commissions with the fraudulent funds. Tax implications? Evasion? Hmmmmm ...
Bingo!

Old 09-15-2018, 04:43 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
The mantra of South Florida is "fake it till you make it". A mantra that leads to these types of outcomes.
Reminds me of this:

Old 09-15-2018, 04:45 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 555 Likes on 335 Posts

Not an attorney, the following are suggestions that I would follow if I were a victim and are not meant to guide/counsel/instruct anyone who is a victim.

I need to consider the filing of a police report with the Broward Sheriff's Office sooner rather than later, consult an attorney.

I know that criminal apprehension of the suspect won't take place unless there's a warrant/capias issued subsequent to a report, a case number issued and investigation. I know that a felony arrest can also be made without a warrant by an officer, based on probable cause, concurrent with an on-going investigation, if the suspect can be located. If there's an warrant issued and the subject is a believed to be a fugitive, I know BSO has a Fugitive Unit to deal with these types of cases. I know that a Federal Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution warrant can also be obtained if the suspect is believed to have fled the state to avoid arrest/prosecution. Consult an attorney.

I would make sure that I have any and all documents relating to the report at hand to provide during the initial report, canceled checks, credit card statements, phone call records, e-mails, contracts, everything. Consult an attorney.

At a later time and after case assignment, I may be asked to provide a sworn verbal statement that will be recorded. If I briefly had face to face contact with the suspect, I may be shown a photo line-up for ID. If I had numerous contacts with the suspect and was known to me, a photo line-up may not be shown to me. Consult an attorney

I would try to recall or organize the information I may need to provide by writing out everything that transpired during the transaction. Anyone who may be able to provide support to my report should be identified to the investigators. Consult an attorney.

I'm aware that a criminal case won't recover money unless the suspect pleads guilty and restitution is involved, a civil case will have to filed for recovery of losses. If a civil judgement is rendered in my favor, I know collection can be an issue. Consult an attorney.

If I lived out-of-state, the criminal jurisdiction is likely to be Florida, Broward County, city of Pompano Beach unless my local law enforcement determines differently and initiates an investigation. Consult an attorney.

That's what I would do.

PS: Even if everyone is made "whole", the suspect in this case still allegedly committed a criminal act. For arrest and prosecution to proceed, victims still have to file reports and agree to press criminal charges.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:45 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All this talk of GT cars...

*checks401kbalance

*startsonlineshoppingspree
Old 09-15-2018, 04:47 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
He usually did not have a significant presence at the dealership and was mostly involved with the Motorsports division which is housed at a different location nearby.

This also seems to be a big line of BS
Old 09-15-2018, 04:48 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I seriously think SS and his wife are out of the country and laying low in a relative's home far from prying eyes or surveillance cameras.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:48 PM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Just returned from Champion after spending an hour there talking to my salesman and the general manager. Champion issued a public statement this morning and said that they have already been in contact with almost every defrauded customer and have either given them an allocation spot at MSRP, or told them they will be reimbursing them for all monies stolen from them by their rogue employee.
Thanks for the update, but I find this statement hard to believe. There are multiple victims in this thread including OP dfoster and 993KHTO, none of them have mentioned contact much less offers of allocation or restitution.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:49 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,260 Posts

I wonder what PCNA is doing "behind the scenes" given their relationship over the years with Champion as a dealer.
I recall that back in the days when things were really tough at Porsche and regional sales managers were trying to get a dealer to take 1 or 2 discounted vehicles (under much protest by the dealer) that owner Dave Maraj and Champion once took the ENTIRE PORT of 250 cars!
Old 09-15-2018, 04:50 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

DR CHILL ..

Old 09-15-2018, 05:03 PM
karl1672
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
People from South Florida have an unusual tendency to these problems. I lived in Miami for 15 years, and I noticed many of my neighbors spent way above their means. At first I used to think I was poorer than them, and then I realized that I saved 50% of my income and they spent 120% of theirs! The mantra of South Florida is "fake it till you make it". A mantra that leads to these types of outcomes.
Miami area I'd tend to agree - there are a lot of posers, but I wouldn't lump all of SO FL in that bucket. Hell, I drive a 2008 997 with road rash, but it's paid for - more concerned about bore scoring that ADM

In terms of Champion, I've only dealt with the parts department - and do feel sorry for all the decent, hardworking people there that are getting tarnished by team SS Scum.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:04 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

How is the choice of receiving a car at MSRP equal to being given your swindled money back?

I feel that the proper gesture is to be returned the money AND given an allocation at MSRP.

And lastly, how many allocations could there be left for this current run of GT cars? If Champion satisfies every victim with a GT allocation, then PCNA or Porsche HQ MUST be working with them to guarantee that they can deliver, no?
Old 09-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
How is the choice of receiving a car at MSRP equal to being given your swindled money back?

I feel that the proper gesture is to be returned the money AND given an allocation at MSRP.

And lastly, how many allocations could there be left for this current run of GT cars? If Champion satisfies every victim with a GT allocation, then PCNA or Porsche HQ MUST be working with them to guarantee that they can deliver, no?
A BIG IF...
Old 09-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by David HUDGENS

Nice! Now we're talking.

I really hope this whole thing can be resolved easily and quickly.

*DavehasChampionwheelsonhis911
Here's the gist of the current suit.... again all public info online:

Old 09-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

I've known my salesman at Champion for many years and see him at racing events nationally. He and Dave Maraj are/were standup guys of high moral caliber. That's why I chose to do business with them in the past. Dave's son Mitra is now running the business and is placed in a very difficult position. This whole mess blew up a few days ago. It is premature to say Champion will not step up and make things right. All the harsh sentiment may become due, but they are saying the right things now and should be given adequate time to prove themselves.

I was told all parties are going to get reimbursed, and some will get cars at MSRP depending on how many additional allocations PCNA gives them.

Don't kill the messenger. I was there to cancel my order. They said everything I needed to hear that convinced me they were sincere. They also said they need all those involved to file police reports and assist with the criminal and civil cases, even if they get their car/money.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing