Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 09:27 PM
lestergreenjr
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The land Champion owns off the highway alone (including a lot more than just where the massive dealership sits) is more than enough to cover the 2.5mm 50x over. How have they not returned every single deposit by the end of today’s business day after this unraveled is mindblowing. The PR nightmare alone is worth handing back every deposit and then some. How many prospective and current clients they will lose after this gets out publicly makes 2.5mm look like absolutely nothing. Blows my mind how people running Champion have 0.0 common sense to even see this outcome.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:34 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I am assuming they are handing out release agreements with NDAs attached to return the deposits. Or soon will. Anyone who has a signed contract has more leverage than just return of deposit. Fraud, treble damages, damages to get a replacement etc. not familiar with Florida law on it, but champion is a deep pocket (presumably) so I am guessing someone will go after more than deposit return.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:37 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 168 Posts

Champion will need to honor these customer deposits, with or without insurance coverage — at least if it wants to remain in business.

The salesman sounds like a world class putz.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:39 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,923 Likes on 2,911 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO
One thing about a Rolex is that it lasts. They are old tech and that helps them stay around. They are not the most accurate watches but they are distinctive and easily recognized.
They do appreciate, $750 GMT Master II's "Coke" from decades ago are listed from $5k to $7k, if you can find them.

And Rolex dealers will not deal. You can save tax if you purchase them in places such as Las Vegas, that's it. Another thing about Rolex, if you modify you watch in any way outside of their service centers/dealers, they will not repair it. Further, if they do modify your watch and replace parts, they won't return the parts taken off.

They control their brand quite tightly. Exclusivity has a price and Porsche is cashing in on that as well. As is the secondary market, which is full of pitfalls. And are unscrupulous car dealers/sales advisors uncommon? It's always been buyer beware. Human greed will never go away. When the sales item is highly desirable, the buyer is at the mercy of the seller.
I've had to replace the IMS Bearing in both my Submariners. Had some bore scoring in my Daytona.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:50 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
I’ll let this document stand on its own. Shiraaz has done this before and Champion knew about it?
Fewer cars (911r) but same process?
Champion didn’t fire him?
Champion didn’t increase supervision?

Have some of you guys read this?? You can't make this stuff up. Link didn't bump with the post The 911R lawsuit.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:56 PM
STG
Race Director

This is better than any Netflix series. I think it's going to get a lot more interesting in the next 24-48 hours and into next week.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:12 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

IMO this seems like a nightmare for those involved and I am still angry at Champion but most especially PCNA/Porsche for this mess

Their apathetic approach to letting the US dealers do as they please is just mind blowing, just insane, knowing full well the terrible experience most have to go through to find a GT car while there are 100 bloated builds with markups rotting away online/in the showrooms. Which again is a shame because the cars themselves are amazing and Porsche used to be the brand I admired. They walked that line perfectly on exclusiveness, luxury, sportiness, heritage, while being understated/classy/tasteful/approachable. The anti-Ferrari etc.. Never thought I'd see the day where I get better treatment from a Ferrari dealer and Toyota dealer than the local Porsche dealers in my area. Unreal!
Old 09-13-2018, 10:15 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve made multi attempts to discuss scenarios with their legal team. They haven’t accepted my call, they haven’t returned my call, they won’t respond to email. The dealership refuses to call me. Communication goes a long way. I understand that some victims have been contacted with offers for cars they didn’t spec and don’t want. They haven’t done that with me. I’ve reached out to PCNA and that went nowhere. What doesn’t ad up is Porsche realizes the guys that want their GT cars, the guys that track their GT cars, are the guys that rave about them. These same folks work hard and reward theirselves with their Porsche brand. Some idiot throughout this link is worried his GT car will depreciate because the world has to many now. I’m sure that guys never taken his car to the track to really push it hard, the whole reason it was designed. the whole ordeal crushes my sole. I’ve loved these cars since I was a child. I want to tell people why these cars are special. Porsche may not realize this but this whole ordeal is turning people away from their brand. Maybe that has no meaning to them.

It seems nothing weve discusses has engaged PCNA. That in itself disguses me. I’m not sure they care about the customer. If they did, why not a public announcement?
Old 09-13-2018, 10:16 PM
STG
Race Director

^^ Well said .....

Are you listening?? Like seriously? These are your "customers" talking. Yes, the end users and buyers of your cars. The ones who make your sales #'s look so great. Lose the sports car guys, and don't count on the soccer moms to carry the company. Oh yeah, you're gonna take down Tesla. I forgot. Fun times ahead. There are substitutes.

Name:  photo675.jpg
Views: 3187
Size:  622.1 KB
Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,421 Likes on 2,514 Posts

I'd guess that PAG and PCNA are reading this thread, discussing, and trying to figure out how to best handle this mess, considering financial, reputational, and legal aspects. May take more days or weeks or even months before we get a meaningful statement from Champion, PCNA, or PAG beyond "we're looking into this matter and will update once we have more information."
Old 09-13-2018, 10:28 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I'd guess that PAG and PCNA are reading this thread, discussing, and trying to figure out how to best handle this mess, considering financial, reputational, and legal aspects. May take more days or weeks or even months before we get a meaningful statement from Champion, PCNA, or PAG beyond "we're looking into this matter and will update once we have more information."
Whatever happens I sure as hell hope this is the wakeup call they need to get their heads out of their a$$ and really realize what is going on across the board. We'll get the "can't comment during pending litigation" etc but I truly hope PCNA can finally effect some change and get a handle on their dealers. Boring in on how their dealers are treating the customers, handling GT allocations, all of the stuff we talk about in every other thread these days. It's such a degradation of quality/customer service/putting the customer last for profit/greed it's irreparably tarnishing the brand IMO. It's almost like its intentional that maybe they want people to hate the GT line...
Old 09-13-2018, 10:30 PM
STG
Race Director

I don't think there's much love lost between PCNA and Champion. They've both sued each other in the past and it seems like the relationship hasn't been great regardless of their #1 sales status. They'd love to replace current ownership if they could I bet.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:32 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Whatever happens I sure as hell hope this is the wakeup call they need to get their heads out of their a$$ and really realize what is going on across the board. We'll get the "can't comment during pending litigation" etc but I truly hope PCNA can finally effect some change and get a handle on their dealers. Boring in on how their dealers are treating the customers, handling GT allocations, all of the stuff we talk about in every other thread these days. It's such a degradation of quality/customer service/putting the customer last for profit/greed it's irreparably tarnishing the brand IMO. It's almost like its intentional that maybe they want people to hate the GT line...

It's arrogance on their part. Sales are great company wide, and not a worry in the world.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:33 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manifold
If they cared about their brand, they should be reading this thread. Days, weeks or months...that could be true but communication usually solve allot of problems. They need to make a public statement. Leadership comes for the top. If I’m Porsche Germany, I’d be worried. These guys want their cars.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:38 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

In a mess like this everyone is looking for deep pockets. I would not assume Champion has liquid assets available to pay 2.5M, let alone other fees and damages claimed. Financial assets can be highly leveraged. This is a criminal investigation of large scale fraud. PCNA lawyers are not going to volunteer even implied associations with this “wholly independent franchise”.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing