GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 04:21 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrKid
This does happen. Unfortunately though.

Dealer spec cars that are bloated and then charged an ADM on top of their MSRP. So instead of a customer specced car that may be kept for years, you get a dealer specced car that a customer settles for because it is all that is available.

More production would make the cars less special but would help with the ADM issue. If instead of a $25k ADM the dealer was able to sell 5 more GT cars and make their profit in this manner it may keep the dealers and Porsche happy. However, then you have to deliberate on the idea that if they cars are no longer rare, are they worth as much?

This is why the high end garment and purse industry burns their over stock vs selling it at a discount. If there is a glut of product the perceived value decreases and the price people are willing to pay follows.
Not often though. As per cars.com there are 2 new GT3's in the US right now. Now, there could be a couple more that aren't listed on cars, but not many more I'd wager. FYI, in case someone duplicates my search, one of the 3 shown as "new" has a bunch (several thousand) of miles on it.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by zirrah
That's a horrible idea. It should be first come first serve, with no market adjustment allowed.
Yeah, that would be ideal. But I doubt it'll ever happen. Once it hits the dealer they can do whatever they want.

I still think a system where you buy directly from the factory, whether it be first come first serve, purchase history, VIP, whatever, would be much better than what we currently have.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:26 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Engeljizzle

lol. I was 100% joking with the deprecation comment. Who cares what happens with depreciation.

if you can’t write off the car when you buy it, don’t buy it!!
100% agree. I would actually prefer my GT3 depreciate like every other car because it wouldn't be an individual thing but likely alleviate some of the issues we see today with these awesome cars and terrible experiences getting them
Old 09-13-2018, 04:29 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I guess I don't buy that hyped kind of stuff, or I'm patient (got two GT cars at MSRP, and weren't hard to get despite my not being a VIP - the cars actually driven too).
I've never paid over sticker either; not for GT# cars or anything else. But lots of folks do. And most of them don't think twice about it.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:33 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon_
Yeah, that would be ideal. But I doubt it'll ever happen. Once it hits the dealer they can do whatever they want.

I still think a system where you buy directly from the factory, whether it be first come first serve, purchase history, VIP, whatever, would be much better than what we currently have.
So now most of the cars out there are being sold by individuals who bought with the intention of flipping. That would happen with direct sales from the factory even more.

So the flipper is the one that's going to benefit?? PCNA would rather have their dealers benefit and not lose the ACE card they hold against dealers.

Only solution >> MAKE MORE CARS

Porsche won't do it because they lose their dealer incentive package. PCNA only cares about pushing car sales. The bread and butter ones. Macan, Cayenne, Panny, and the electric junk they have on the way. GT cars are just icing on the cake and a dealer bonus program.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
Just terrible that this stuff happens....look at ford with the ford gt .
they sold them whole different way and buyers signed contracts not to flip
but I believe someone sold and got away with it.
ITS ALL GREED.
No he tapped out actually

http://www.thedrive.com/news/21623/j...ng-his-ford-gt
Old 09-13-2018, 04:47 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon_
And how do the dealers that service the vehicles then stay in business?
Old 09-13-2018, 05:01 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Anyone who buys an allocation with the intent to resell for a profit has to be licensed as a car dealer under some states' laws (actually, all the states' laws I am aware, which, I admit, is not many, but a few so I suspect close to universal).
Old 09-13-2018, 05:02 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,608 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
Just terrible that this stuff happens....look at ford with the ford gt .
they sold them whole different way and buyers signed contracts not to flip
but I believe someone sold and got away with it.
ITS ALL GREED.
That was John Cena. He got sued by Ford and settled (r.e. he lost) and publicly apologized.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:06 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

As soon as Porsche decides to make more GT cars there will be outrage at the dilution of the GT car “brand”. They won’t be special, any poseur can have one, Porsche has lost the sports car market, etc, etc, etc. If you distill the cumulative wants/desires/expectations expressed on this forum the result is to walk into any unknown dealer, immediately order an exclusive car at a price considered fair (list or below), and once that has been accomplished have supply sufficiently limited to preserve the value and exclusivity of car.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:14 PM
STG
Race Director

What should be SPECIAL about a DAMN car is the CAR ITSELF. Not how HARD it is to get.

Many guys are more worried about saying they have an "EXCLUSIVE" car than actually owning one. Buy one, let them sit around with 200 miles and then sell them for the next Rennlist intro posting.

Last edited by STG; 09-13-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:17 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
any poseur can have one
Have you not been to a cars & coffee lately? Or seen the 1,000 "NEVER BEEN TRACKED" RS' for sale?
Old 09-13-2018, 05:17 PM
STG
Race Director

Any idea how many of Shiraaz's victims were from out of state?? Assume he targeted out of state buyers more as they were less inclined to walk into the dealership and knew nobody else there. They call there, and they just say talk to your sales guy Shiraaz.

I assume he targeted them more. What a rat.

Name:  photo185.jpg
Views: 1865
Size:  259.7 KB

Name:  photo732.jpg
Views: 1844
Size:  332.7 KB

Last edited by STG; 09-13-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:21 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
What should be SPECIAL about a DAMN car is the CAR ITSELF. Not how HARD it is to get.

Many guys are more worried about saying they own an "EXCLUSIVE" car than actually owning one. Buy one, let them sit around with 200 miles and then sell them for the next Rennlist intro posting.

Peter
Old 09-13-2018, 06:11 PM
natman316
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
So now most of the cars out there are being sold by individuals who bought with the intention of flipping. That would happen with direct sales from the factory even more.

So the flipper is the one that's going to benefit?? PCNA would rather have their dealers benefit and not lose the ACE card they hold against dealers.

Only solution >> MAKE MORE CARS

Porsche won't do it because they lose their dealer incentive package. PCNA only cares about pushing car sales. The bread and butter ones. Macan, Cayenne, Panny, and the electric junk they have on the way. GT cars are just icing on the cake and a dealer bonus program.
I feel like the actual demand of the cars (people who want to buy them and use them) may not even be that high. The demand artificially inflated because people see an opportunity to drive the "it" car of the moment for a month and make quick buck. I doubt the demand would be this high if it was just another car that will lose 10-15% of its value once it leaves the dealership.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing