Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 01:01 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Yes, why not!
Originally Posted by CAlexio
Why isn't the thread titled "how loyal is yours local Porsche dealer to you?"
Originally Posted by richk
I have been living in LA for twenty years.

Have bought P cars from a few LA dealers. None in LA have any loyalty.

Switched to Porsche Fresno. Have purchased 992TTS and Cayenne coupe GTS.

They are on another level and the owner is truly an enthusiast.

Additionally, he's getting me a 992GT3 in December.

For new cars I will only use them. VERY HIGH RECOMMEND
Originally Posted by Roadking
Interesting thread. I had bought three Porsche vehicles from my local dealer over a 14 month period. Dealer was "fair" on pricing and I was able to order a 18' GT3. Unfortunately the ADM game got out of control with these guys. I get supply and demand, but the gouging in trade values, massive ADM's and the attitude turned me off. I passed on an allocation for a 19' RS due to the raping they were about to give me. I got the call early this week about a Speedster. "What would I be willing to pay?" I passed. Wouldn't even engage. Found out they are going to spec their allocation and let the bidding begin. Started off as a good relationship...no loyalty here...
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Was this Chandler or North Scottsdale?
Originally Posted by Perimeter
This is consistent with the way that Porsche Chandler have done business to date. Remember the owner came to Porsche as an existing Honda dealership owner. Old tactics die hard.

I did $240k in GT car sales/trades in Porsche Chandler's first 5 months of opening their doors, May 2016. I specifically bought a second GT4 with the promise that I had ingratiated myself enough to be on the 991.2 GT3 list. 18 months later and 3 complete staff changes nobody knows who I am, no new staff are reaching out to connect with past buyers, and all verbal promises were gone with the wind.
Porsche Chandler is the wild west on Loyalty.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:53 PM
AlexOz
Instructor

Received 129 Likes on 63 Posts

Interesting thread, revived from near-death.

To me, dealer loyalty is a two-way street. If my dealer provides consistently excellent service and acts fairly on all transactions, that earns my loyalty. In my experience, some chains (same owner) do this well. I've had excellent service and good deal treatment from several Rick Hendrick dealerships -- Porsche, Mercedes, Chevy (Corvette), Subaru -- in the Raleigh/Durham North Carolina area, and that's clearly driven by the culture that Rick Hendrick has created: long-term customer relationships, employees that stick around for many years, and a maniacal focus on customer feedback. Rick Hendrick reads online reviews and contacts his dealerships to get customer issues handled. I've had the most transactions with Porsche Southpoint in Durham NC, including for my current 991.2 GT3RS and Taycan Turbo, and the pricing was fair. Their service team is really good, especially on Taycan software. The CPO on the GT3RS exceeded all expectations, e.g. the front dam had a tiny scrape underneath that a quick rub with fine sandpaper would have fixed and they replaced it; it's my spare hanging on the garage wall now. A minuscule chip on the windshield edge, and they replaced it.

The Golden Rule works and I treat my dealer with respect, too. If a dealer is professional and competent, I owe them respect and fair dealing too.

I've done business in the past with some California dealers who were very transactional and didn't command much if any loyalty.

Last edited by AlexOz; 03-24-2022 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2022, 02:03 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 707 Likes on 393 Posts

I would say rather loyal.

If they got in a bar brawl I'd likely jump in. Which is the true test of loyalty.
The following users liked this post:
AlexOz (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 02:29 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 707 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexOz
Interesting thread, revived from near-death.

To me, dealer loyalty is a two-way street. If my dealer provides consistently excellent service and acts fairly on all transactions, that earns my loyalty. In my experience, some chains (same owner) do this well. I've had excellent service and good deal treatment from several Rick Hendrick dealerships -- Porsche, Mercedes, Chevy (Corvette), Subaru -- in the Raleigh/Durham North Carolina area, and that's clearly driven by the culture that Rick Hendrick has created: long-term customer relationships, employees that stick around for many years, and a maniacal focus on customer feedback. Rick Hendrick reads online reviews and contacts his dealerships to get customer issues handled. I've had the most transactions with Porsche Southpoint in Durham NC, including for my current 991.2 GT3RS and Taycan Turbo, and the pricing was fair. Their service team is really good, especially on Taycan software. The CPO on the GT3RS exceeded all expectations, e.g. the front dam had a tiny scrape underneath that a quick rub with fine sandpaper would have fixed and they replaced it; it's my spare hanging on the garage wall now. A minuscule chip on the windshield edge, and they replaced it.

The Golden Rule works and I treat my dealer with respect, too. If a dealer is professional and competent, I owe them respect and fair dealing too.

I've done business in the past with some California dealers who were very transactional and didn't command much if any loyalty.
I share the same sentiment with Porsche Southpoint from both sales and service and the exact opposite with the other local dealer
Old 03-24-2022, 02:57 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

The incompetence of my local dealer is only matched by their prices, fortunately through Rennlist I was referred through to another dealer who is the exact opposite of the first, but unfortunately they are an hour away. this means I've stopped looking at Porsche and Audi vehicles, other than for the GT cars where I am prepared to suffer the inconvenience.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:13 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 229 Posts

Look, this whole argument of a dealer relationship is great in theory. Things I have done with different dealers:

- Bought a new Cayenne Turbo S e-Hybrid to "get in the door" on allocations, nothing since but being offered a 992 GT3 @ $90k over MSRP because the owner was "giving it up to a customer" - right!
- Traded a 997.2 GT3, bought a Macan GTS/traded said GTS back, gave up a 991.2 GT3 allocation in exchange for a 3RS, nothing to do but empty promises of allocations and the GM went radio silence on the 992's because they can markup now
- Bought a used GT3 with a GT car trade, got laughed at when asked about a new allocation because I was "out of market"
- Traded a 981 GT4 towards a used GT3, got told they would sell new allocations to their handful of customers "they see at cars and coffee" and the only way otherwise was a sealed bidding for the highest ADM on one

So, long story short those are some of the examples I have tried to go in order to generate a 'relationship' - dealers can only see the next deal frankly. The whole model is a joke, and all I have gotten out of it is a large amount of exposure to all of the GT generations of cars through the years and driven some amazing cars. Porsche could give a s*** as well, a nice example being a dealership still owes me a key from October 21' of last year - MIA and no responses on where it is at...

Last edited by redmonkey928; 03-24-2022 at 03:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
168glhs1986 (03-28-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 10:26 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Quote from my dealer:

”I’m not here to sell you a car. I’m here to sell you several cars over time”.

Not my usual experience with car dealers. So, yes, I am loyal to this ONE salesman in this ONE dealership.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:40 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

loyalty goes BOTH ways.
Old 03-26-2022, 08:54 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

^truth

Again Porsche Fresno best dealer in CA by alot.
Old 03-26-2022, 07:20 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 209 Posts

My SA and finance manager at the local dealer (Napleton) are good people- responsive, upfront, friendly- although I cant say the same about the management nor the service dept. Have bought 7-8 cars over the last 12-13 yrs with essentially zero negotiation, same day deals- hoping my (easy) business would provide opportunities for GT allocations (at reasonable ADM) which unfortunately hasnt been the case.

i have since bought a new 20 Macan GTS and ‘21 Cayenne GTS off the lot in the last 2 yrs at Joe Rizza. The GM actually makes me feel like a valued customer- not just in empty words- but in allocations- Cayenne Coupe GTS and 718 Spyder at MSRP this year.

Thats the two-way street mooty is referring to 👊🏻
Old 03-26-2022, 10:06 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Fang911
My SA and finance manager at the local dealer (Napleton) are good people- responsive, upfront, friendly- although I cant say the same about the management nor the service dept. Have bought 7-8 cars over the last 12-13 yrs with essentially zero negotiation, same day deals- hoping my (easy) business would provide opportunities for GT allocations (at reasonable ADM) which unfortunately hasnt been the case.

i have since bought a new 20 Macan GTS and ‘21 Cayenne GTS off the lot in the last 2 yrs at Joe Rizza. The GM actually makes me feel like a valued customer- not just in empty words- but in allocations- Cayenne Coupe GTS and 718 Spyder at MSRP this year.

Thats the two-way street mooty is referring to 👊🏻
echo the sentiment at napleton, will have to reach out to Rizzo in the near term
Old 03-27-2022, 12:58 AM
abenney
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

**** each and every one of Porsche stealerships for charging ADMs. Sleazy pieces of ****.

Quick Reply: How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?