Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 10:32 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Just like your friendly Porsche stealership:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...5-miata-seats/
Old 05-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Roadking
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting thread. I had bought three Porsche vehicles from my local dealer over a 14 month period. Dealer was "fair" on pricing and I was able to order a 18' GT3. Unfortunately the ADM game got out of control with these guys. I get supply and demand, but the gouging in trade values, massive ADM's and the attitude turned me off. I passed on an allocation for a 19' RS due to the raping they were about to give me. I got the call early this week about a Speedster. "What would I be willing to pay?" I passed. Wouldn't even engage. Found out they are going to spec their allocation and let the bidding begin. Started off as a good relationship...no loyalty here...
Old 05-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Azzurri GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lfish
I am in SW Ohio with 5 dealers within an hour's drive. Only one would commit to getting me a GT3 at MSRP (they don't charge ADM) and I was fourth on the waiting list. Only previous purchase was my wife's Audi Q5 bought new in 2012. When I got on the list I mailed then a $15k deposit which was not cashed until I was guaranteed an allocation. As I mentioned in a previous post, the transaction was fun and painless. Great sales rep who has left the dealership to pursue another opportunity. I have since referred two customers who purchased two new cars from the dealer.

BTW the Audi just had its pistons replaced under warranty due to excessive oil consumption and at the same time the timing chain, tensioners, and guides were replaced at my cost with the knowledge that a class action suit was pending due to faulty design. Three days later I received a notice from Audi that they would reimburse my out of pocket expenses for the repair due to pending settlement of the lawsuit.

They have earned my loyalty.
Which one was it?
Old 05-11-2019, 06:59 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadking
Interesting thread. I had bought three Porsche vehicles from my local dealer over a 14 month period. Dealer was "fair" on pricing and I was able to order a 18' GT3. Unfortunately the ADM game got out of control with these guys. I get supply and demand, but the gouging in trade values, massive ADM's and the attitude turned me off. I passed on an allocation for a 19' RS due to the raping they were about to give me. I got the call early this week about a Speedster. "What would I be willing to pay?" I passed. Wouldn't even engage. Found out they are going to spec their allocation and let the bidding begin. Started off as a good relationship...no loyalty here...
Sounds like Chicago dealers. But it seems to be a trend.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Was this Chandler or North Scottsdale?
Old 05-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Mine sucks..Porsche of Orlando

I buy from Champion
Old 05-11-2019, 07:30 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Mine sucks..Porsche of Orlando

I buy from Champion
Better keep an eye where those funds get deposited lol
Old 05-11-2019, 08:42 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Was this Chandler or North Scottsdale?
Chandler for sure. Was told the same thing yesterday by my sales agent. Told him weeks ago I wasn't interested even at MSRP once I heard it was $275k.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:06 PM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default gt3

Although 4 dealers in the NY metro area are closer to my residence I use Porsche of Huntington exclusively because of outstanding customer service and overall attention to detail. Service manager Sean Brereton and service consultant Dan Derby always listen to my concerns and get it right first time every time.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:14 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

The one within walking distance from me is Circle. Didn't used to be terribly fond of them but they did right by my last purchase. Was there recently, and they had a Guards Red GT3 6MT lightly optioned with LWBs. They're still talking about a chunky ADM, but it's not the color I'm looking for so I didn't press too much how much "MY" price was gonna be, lol.

McKenna to the contrary, I used to love it before they changed the General Manager about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. Now not so much. The about half-dozen revolving door Sales Ambassadors that they've "assigned" to me doesn't help. The service manager there does take care of me tho.

Never bought a GT car, but I'm plunging into the process now (new '18 or lightly used MT), so I'm sure I'll be talking to a few other dealers in the near future.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:23 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

I am very loyal to my SoCal dealer. After a few cars (once 2 in a month) and over a dozen cars sold through referrals form friends and work colleagues, I told them, after some disappointing phone call a couple of years ago, that I would buy zero cars from them. I have given them exactly the amount of business I promised.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:48 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 3GO1GO
Although 4 dealers in the NY metro area are closer to my residence I use Porsche of Huntington exclusively because of outstanding customer service and overall attention to detail. Service manager Sean Brereton and service consultant Dan Derby always listen to my concerns and get it right first time every time.
Huntington is great, since moving to Charlotte, I still use them. Got my current GT3 from them.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:03 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

As a four decade owner of many 911s, my view towards dealers is best captured by a line from the Godfather: nothing personal, just business. I'm fortunate enough to be in a location where I have several dealerships to chose from, and the one I select depends upon where I get the best deal. Over the years I've developed relationships with several Sales Managers, but where I shop depends entirely upon where I get the best price and that goes for service also. So in my case I have absolutely no loyalty to any dealer.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:11 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
Chandler for sure. Was told the same thing yesterday by my sales agent. Told him weeks ago I wasn't interested even at MSRP once I heard it was $275k.
This is consistent with the way that Porsche Chandler have done business to date. Remember the owner came to Porsche as an existing Honda dealership owner. Old tactics die hard.

I did $240k in GT car sales/trades in Porsche Chandler's first 6 months of opening their doors, May 2016. I specifically bought a second GT4 with the promise that I had ingratiated myself enough to be on the 991.2 GT3 list. 18 months later and 3 complete staff changes nobody knows who I am, no new staff are reaching out to connect with past buyers, and all verbal promises were gone with the wind.
Porsche Chandler is the wild west on Loyalty.

Last edited by Perimeter; 05-12-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:28 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 759 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
This is consistent with the way that Porsche Chandler have done business to date.

I did $240k in GT car sales/trades in Porsche Chandler's first 6 months of opening their doors, May 2016. I specifically bought a second GT4 with the promise that I had ingratiated myself enough to be on the 991.2 GT3 list. 18 months later and 3 complete staff changes nobody knows who I am, no new staff are reaching out to connect with past buyers, and all verbal promises were gone with the wind.
Porsche Chandler is the wild west.
The sales department has been the same guys for the last 12 months and the sales manager was brought in from a CA Porsche store about 6 months ago. Seems like the turnover is getting better. Maintenance managers are really good and came from Scottsdale Porsche with a lot of experience. I'm happy overall, but done paying ADM.

Quick Reply: How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?