Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 08:30 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Why, do I seem that crazy? Lol!

I have several friends who own one:
At delivery one guy couldn't take the car home because they couldn't figure out why the door wouldn't close
Another guy got a car where the passenger and driver seats didn't match
Same guy with the door that wouldn't close took delivery of another car and the glove box dropped open and wouldn't close
Crazy panels gaps
Crooked trims
I could go on and on and this is just people I personally know.

Why, do you own one?? Lol!

So you never owned a Tesla, and you heard all these problems from your friends, or your friends' friend. So the list goes on and one......you must have a lot of friends owning Teslas. Although Tesla stock is taking a beating lately, I got a feeling that you as a shorter are still pretty deep in the red.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Exasperated Tesla Bull Says Musk Needs ‘Come-to-Jesus’ Moment https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...o-jesus-moment

Tesla Bull Capitulates, Says Stock Is ‘No Longer Investable’ https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ger-investable
Old 09-11-2018, 09:47 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Only on Rennlist can we go from a stolen RS to Tesla going out of business. So here’s a pic of my and and me
Old 09-11-2018, 10:37 PM
naptownmike
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah the electric car lovers sure zeroed in after the Tesla pounding. I always wondered if it was just me that thought they were different.

Best of luck with recovering or replacing your awesome GT2RS .
Old 09-12-2018, 02:24 AM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Have this weird theory on the evolution of Tesla drivers—or at least one demographic, anyway:

Volvo 240 DL > Volvo 740 (reluctantly, as there was a brief hole in the market) > Subaru Outback > Pruis > Prius or Tesla

The common thread is "cars for people who don't like cars and want you to know it", so the idea of the Tesla club is curious to say the least.
Sorry but I immediately think of Tesla owners, as the tree huggers who don’t care or give a rats *** about gas motors, they just stepped up from the Prius so they can attempt to believe they’re saving the earth, you’ll find that most were the kids that didn’t get picked to play kickball on the playground in elementary school, they are the snobby entitled liberal Bay Area mouth breathers (look at them when you drive by one - they all have they’re mouths open sucking in my good air - they can’t seem to breathe through their nose), they are simply a waste of skin! I stepped in a dealership to see really what all the hubbub was about and it was a total unwelcome feeling - made me feel like I should be thanking them for allowing me to be in their presence. By the way the build quality is horrible, body lines and trim are not consistent at all from car to car. Horrible product line and owners to boot.

somebody needs to tell the Tesla chat page to suck salty sweaty......you get the picture
Old 09-12-2018, 02:56 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryPcar
So you never owned a Tesla, and you heard all these problems from your friends, or your friends' friend. So the list goes on and one......you must have a lot of friends owning Teslas. Although Tesla stock is taking a beating lately, I got a feeling that you as a shorter are still pretty deep in the red.
Close friends and co workers and I live in NorCal, so yes I know a lot people who own them. Not sure what you are getting at. Clearly you are a Tesla maniac
No, I'm not a shorter. I don't manage my investments.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:06 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

^ Paging PeteVB, a notable exception to the Tesla stereotype.
But I don’t like Tesla owners either?

Funny, I had lunch with my friend today, one of the most hard core car guys I know. After he got done showing me pictures of the GT3 RS transmission he has in pieces on his garage floor (shelled ring and pinion likely from one too many pro solo launches) he asked for a ride in my Model 3 dual motor- he’s got one on order too. And he was impressed. I guess I’ve always been a sucker for cheap speed and decent chassis, and I’ve come to realize at ~45k after incentives the M3D is that. We’ll roll on against the GT3 at some point, but my bet is that from ~40-80 mph the Tesla will pull.

GT3s and Model 3s- we’re starting a club apparently. The Tesla club certainly won’t take us.

I put a quick review of my M3D up here for those that care.
https://rennlist.com/forums/taycan-a...-decision.html

Distancing myself from that owners club obviously- too much smoking with Elon... Fingers crossed for the car’s safe return.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:34 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Only on Rennlist can we go from a stolen RS to Tesla going out of business. So here’s a pic of my and and me
Cute
Old 09-12-2018, 06:35 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

I wrote the Tesla Owners Group of Norway an email yesterday where I mentioned that their behavior surprises the car community.

I also said: "If you guys in TOCN ever needs help in Sweden they are more then welcome to contact me even though the matter is a Tesla."

No answer, yet.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:36 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Well, back to topic:

No reports of the car.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:05 AM
Mr.Brick
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts

Kobalt...very sad to read all the story.
I look everyday autogespot.com because as these ****ing chaps are driving around like if it was normal, it’s very likely the’ll be spotted somewhere with such a car.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine had a 458 speciale stolen in the same way: thieves took the keys and stole the car while he and the wife were sleeping.
He heard the car starting but then it was too late as the garage is 200 mt away from home, directly on the public road.
He had no GPS alarm because of Kasko insurance and track use...

The tank was almost empty, only a few liters left.
So when he immediately called the police he asked to monitor all the fuel pumps and 2 hours later the car and the thieves (gipsy chaps) were found at a gas station on the road to Slovenia.
Very lucky case maybe...but your car should have been captured at least 3 or 4 times by several gas station cameras at this point...police should look there too!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:13 AM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts

Sorry to hear about your GT2RS Kobalt.
Do you have any contact information i can add on Facebook?
i work for Gatebil, so my contact network is great.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by ealoken
Sorry to hear about your GT2RS Kobalt.
Do you have any contact information i can add on Facebook?
i work for Gatebil, so my contact network is great.

PM has been sent, Thanks!
Old 09-12-2018, 11:32 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Have this weird theory on the evolution of Tesla drivers—or at least one demographic, anyway:

Volvo 240 DL > Volvo 740 (reluctantly, as there was a brief hole in the market) > Subaru Outback > Pruis > Prius or Tesla

The common thread is "cars for people who don't like cars and want you to know it", so the idea of the Tesla club is curious to say the least.
"cars for people who don't like cars and want you to know it" ---- Pete, I'm going to use that.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM
strettyend
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Ugh sorry about the terrible situation. A lot of crappy news on RL today...

Quick Reply: GT2RS STOLEN IN SWEDEN ****