Views: 1615
Size:  361.4 KB
Old 08-02-2018, 11:20 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by texascarlover
This thread is stupid. Bottom line is that there is a PTS 991.2 GT3 with a few miles on it available for a fair market price and usctrojanGT3 was letting Rennlisters know about it. Thanks for letting everyone know. I'm sure there is a thankful Rennlister who is on the phone as we speak with PNH trying to work a deal on that car. Good luck to the usctrojanGT3 and congrats to the new owner.
Yup, this thread is inane. Good luck Martin, enjoy the RS when it arrives, drive it for 800 miles and sell it back to the dealer, and may the next owner's have many trouble free miles of enjoyment in a beautiful GT3 and in a beautiful GT3 RS...drive the 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0 in the meantime and wait for the 992 GT3.

Last edited by Nacelle; 08-07-2018 at 07:24 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-02-2018, 11:21 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Name:  photo743.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  671.7 KB

Name:  photo775.jpg
Views: 1590
Size:  710.8 KB
Old 08-02-2018, 11:29 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

^I can’t imagine what PAG thinks when they see these memes and videos.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:34 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,604 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
**EDITED

Can someone explain to me why a dealer would bother?

Let's use some arbitrary numbers:

Scenario 1:
MSRP 100k. Dealer profit on MSRP car is 20% or 20k.
Dealer sells car for 100k. Net profit is 20k
Customer sells car back to dealer for 100k. Net profit is now zero because dealer had to spend that 20k profit to buy back
Dealer sells that car for 120k. Net profit now 40k

Scenario 2:
Dealer sells 100k MSRP car for 120k. Net profit is 40k.

How is the customer in scenario 1 helping the dealer?
Youre also not considering the sales numbers in this equation. That’s no small matter.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:35 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by n3rd
^I can’t imagine what PAG thinks when they see these memes and videos.

Name:  photo640.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  345.4 KB

Name:  photo532.jpg
Views: 1514
Size:  621.6 KB
Old 08-02-2018, 11:37 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let's see....I lost money on my UV 991RS, Voodoo Blue 991RS, Cayenne, and I'm sure I'm down on my GT4 and Macan....I'm one horrible flipper. haha The only car that I made any money on is my PTS 997RS which I put 15k miles on and many laps on.
well, I'd say you are one lousy hustler
Old 08-02-2018, 11:53 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Should’ve bought a Touring. Hahaha...
Old 08-03-2018, 12:10 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
well, I'd say you are one lousy hustler
That's because I'm a Porsche nutter. haha
Old 08-03-2018, 12:11 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
But I have this love affair for winged cars.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,691 Likes on 2,339 Posts

WHOA.... i had to turn off the TV as this is so much better..

Originally Posted by neurotic
Jesus
why don't everyone walk to their garage and drive their bubble wrap 911 and chill out

this reminds....must obtain a 4oh.....one day
yes, if they actually drove their GT3 instead of talking about it. they wont have so much angst. let see, i lost $69k today on of my papers. but i am not upset at all. i drove my RS home and rode my bike for 52 miles climbed 5600' life is good

yes, obtain a 4.0
one simple will not understand it until you have it.

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
I think there are many people that spend more time on rennlist than they do driving.
yes see above

Originally Posted by neanicu
Haven't read the whole thread,but " letting it go to an enthusiast " means selling it for MSRP directly to a buyer,not giving it to a dealer who sells it for 25 K ADM.... I'm a bit surprised about this when we're talking usctrojan," the biggest basher of ADM and stealerships "... But who am I to argue...I guess some " talk the talk without actually walking the walk "...
i seriously do not agree with this stmt.
i offered my RS4.0 at way below mkt at one point
i offered my GT4 below mkt
GT3
god. **** load of cars i offered to RL
peanut gallery blah blah blah, i want to see pic. sorry i dont do pic. a GT3 is a GT3
my prices are always fair if not below mkt. how do i know? b/c they all end up at dealers as they buy it at my asking, no pic needed. and wire in 24 hours.
so why o why should i sell to ENTHUSIAST? what does that word even mean?
i listed a set of coco mats used for 500 miles. listed color.... ppl asking for pic. hell it's $200. i dont have the time to get a pic. the mat is now in landfill. the time i saved is more than $200
i listed 3 sets of GT4 seats for sale, some guys asked for pic. well.. the real buyers didnt ask for pic. he wired in 48 hours and apologize for wiring a day late. when he gets those seats he will realized he got a fkg bargain.
i have a few more GT3 and GT3T i will sell. they will all end up at dealers lot.
am i a flipper? maybe
all my cars are titled in CA, that's 9% tax i will not see
all my cars are detailed and color corrected. yes, i know you guys do that too. but trust me, you haven't seen what it really means to have that done. each car is $6000 for a regular job. a good one is $10k+
all my cars are filmed at $4000/half car or $9000 full car.
sure i am selling it at msrp + my expense but usually i lose tax.
why i sell? well some days, i dont like blue, other days i hate yellow. or i am just upset that day... and i often buy the same car back
my 86, bought it for 75k, sold it for 85k (added 20k to it), bough it back at 100k paid 10k on tax again. i will sell it if i get 100k. is that flipping?
i have on intention selling my RS4.0 that i own since new or the newly acquired CGT, but hell if you cut me $600k you csan have my 4.0 and for $2MM i sell you my CGT. am i a flipper?
i will sell to ENTHUSIASTS if they are serious.
but most are not.
i have bought cars from PHN and sold to PNH.
one email, my wire hits them in 12 hours. they dont pay me nearly as fast. but that's ok, not many ppl move as fast as i do.
some cars i get from them as MSRP some (used cars) i get from them at very large premium b/c it's used and hard to get. other than GT3/RS i also buy macans and other POS cars from them, at 2-3% discount (which is tiny) so if you consider the "total relationship" am i REALLY getting cars at MSRP? let's be fair. if you made enough $ to buy these cars, you know how it works. i love to eat. my dad even more. when he was alive, there was not one restaurant in TPE he cant get in with one phone call, even if it's just 3 min before he shows up. why? 40% tips and annual "red bag" to the entire staff of every fancy restaurant in TPE. sure, sometime we get to eat free... but is it REALLY free... i can't believe the conversation on this thread.

Originally Posted by raclaims
I totally get it man...people keep saying "the new gt3 is better than the 4.0" until you drive them back to back.

It's absurd.

Yes the gt3 is a nice car and fun...but it isn't ever going to replace the 4.0 in my garage.

GLWS!!
i see that u "get it".
that's a dig under your skin kind of car.
i sold may cars. i actually sold my 4.0 in 2013. when the truck came to pick it up. i was visbily upset.
screamed at everyone in the office
when i got home, my wife thought something gone seriously wrong with me.
asked why.
i told him i sold a car today. she' goes, you sell a car every other months. what is the problem...
i can't come up with words, i was just upset. breaking things. and that was the day i caught the mole in backyard... i mangled it and put it in blender and mixed it...
so.. 7 days later i bought the damn car back at much much higher price than i sold for and paid 10% calif tax on it again (there's no trade - in tax benefit in CA, every car you pay tax on full amount not just difference)
so that mistake was 140k in 7 days. so, yea, 4.0 is really different. but then if i didnt buy it back i think i may end up putting my kids or my neighbors in the blender and mix them....

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Lots of sour grapes over nothing. Sure enjoyed driving my Pcar today. Gonna trade it in when my GT3 arrives (back PNH !! LOL). Love those guys and they are a straight up dealer no matter what the jealous haters dream up. Flack jacket is on!
agree

Originally Posted by orthojoe
LOL! Ok, I see where my error is. I DID ask for someone to point out what I was missing.

The actual profit is 40k in both scenarios. But in scenario 1 the dealer had to work 2 deals for seemingly no good reason, vs scenario 2 they got the same profit while only spending time on one deal.
you are fine
just do the knee replacement right the first time and charge 2x
or tell them you can discount but you will need a 2nd surgery.
man, arent you glad i am not a surgeon? bc i will ACTUALLY TELL MY PATIENTS THAT.
it's $40k to get it right or $10k but i will cut you open 4x. you pick, i dont force u.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Hitler was so so right.
haha, love that video

ok, i am a little wired up. i need to find a hamster, mole or something and put in my vitamix
so dont **** me off. i can grind ANYTHING UP in the vitamix and drank it so no evidence.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,691 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
i bought both, same color miami
touring and wing
didn't like either
ENTHUSIASTS of RL, would you like it?
or should i sell to PNH
Old 08-03-2018, 12:50 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Old 08-03-2018, 12:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 768 Posts

^^^^ Mooty, Find a Prius and lay on the airhorn. You will feel better, works for. Me very time.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let's see....I lost money on my UV 991RS, Voodoo Blue 991RS, Cayenne, and I'm sure I'm down on my GT4 and Macan....I'm one horrible flipper. haha The only car that I made any money on is my PTS 997RS which I put 15k miles on and many laps on.
You and me both!
Good that were better at the 9-5 hussel Haha.
Except my dealer lost my number for this last go around it seems!
Bought every new car from them since 2010.. Now Just waiting for an allocation or my depots back (paid in 2007!) before indletentheir number..
Good for you to have a Good Guy dealer.

This thread is really making me feel so guilty for selling my 4.0 for a profit, I really should have lost on all the RS I bought over the last 10 years!
LOL

Old 08-03-2018, 12:51 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by mooty
WHOA.... i had to turn off the TV as this is so much better..yes, if they actually drove their GT3 instead of talking about it. they wont have so much angst. let see, i lost $69k today on of my papers. but i am not upset at all. i drove my RS home and rode my bike for 52 miles climbed 5600' life is good

yes, obtain a 4.0
one simple will not understand it until you have it.yes see abovei seriously do not agree with this stmt.
i offered my RS4.0 at way below mkt at one point
i offered my GT4 below mkt
GT3
god. **** load of cars i offered to RL
peanut gallery blah blah blah, i want to see pic. sorry i dont do pic. a GT3 is a GT3
my prices are always fair if not below mkt. how do i know? b/c they all end up at dealers as they buy it at my asking, no pic needed. and wire in 24 hours.
so why o why should i sell to ENTHUSIAST? what does that word even mean?
i listed a set of coco mats used for 500 miles. listed color.... ppl asking for pic. hell it's $200. i dont have the time to get a pic. the mat is now in landfill. the time i saved is more than $200
i listed 3 sets of GT4 seats for sale, some guys asked for pic. well.. the real buyers didnt ask for pic. he wired in 48 hours and apologize for wiring a day late. when he gets those seats he will realized he got a fkg bargain.
i have a few more GT3 and GT3T i will sell. they will all end up at dealers lot.
am i a flipper? maybe
all my cars are titled in CA, that's 9% tax i will not see
all my cars are detailed and color corrected. yes, i know you guys do that too. but trust me, you haven't seen what it really means to have that done. each car is $6000 for a regular job. a good one is $10k+
all my cars are filmed at $4000/half car or $9000 full car.
sure i am selling it at msrp + my expense but usually i lose tax.
why i sell? well some days, i dont like blue, other days i hate yellow. or i am just upset that day... and i often buy the same car back
my 86, bought it for 75k, sold it for 85k (added 20k to it), bough it back at 100k paid 10k on tax again. i will sell it if i get 100k. is that flipping?
i have on intention selling my RS4.0 that i own since new or the newly acquired CGT, but hell if you cut me $600k you csan have my 4.0 and for $2MM i sell you my CGT. am i a flipper?
i will sell to ENTHUSIASTS if they are serious.
but most are not.
i have bought cars from PHN and sold to PNH.
one email, my wire hits them in 12 hours. they dont pay me nearly as fast. but that's ok, not many ppl move as fast as i do.
some cars i get from them as MSRP some (used cars) i get from them at very large premium b/c it's used and hard to get. other than GT3/RS i also buy macans and other POS cars from them, at 2-3% discount (which is tiny) so if you consider the "total relationship" am i REALLY getting cars at MSRP? let's be fair. if you made enough $ to buy these cars, you know how it works. i love to eat. my dad even more. when he was alive, there was not one restaurant in TPE he cant get in with one phone call, even if it's just 3 min before he shows up. why? 40% tips and annual "red bag" to the entire staff of every fancy restaurant in TPE. sure, sometime we get to eat free... but is it REALLY free... i can't believe the conversation on this thread.i see that u "get it".
that's a dig under your skin kind of car.
i sold may cars. i actually sold my 4.0 in 2013. when the truck came to pick it up. i was visbily upset.
screamed at everyone in the office
when i got home, my wife thought something gone seriously wrong with me.
asked why.
i told him i sold a car today. she' goes, you sell a car every other months. what is the problem...
i can't come up with words, i was just upset. breaking things. and that was the day i caught the mole in backyard... i mangled it and put it in blender and mixed it...
so.. 7 days later i bought the damn car back at much much higher price than i sold for and paid 10% calif tax on it again (there's no trade - in tax benefit in CA, every car you pay tax on full amount not just difference)
so that mistake was 140k in 7 days. so, yea, 4.0 is really different. but then if i didnt buy it back i think i may end up putting my kids or my neighbors in the blender and mix them....agreeyou are fine
just do the knee replacement right the first time and charge 2x
or tell them you can discount but you will need a 2nd surgery.
man, arent you glad i am not a surgeon? bc i will ACTUALLY TELL MY PATIENTS THAT.
it's $40k to get it right or $10k but i will cut you open 4x. you pick, i dont force u.haha, love that video

ok, i am a little wired up. i need to find a hamster, mole or something and put in my vitamix
so dont **** me off. i can grind ANYTHING UP in the vitamix and drank it so no evidence.

Name:  photo441.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  508.2 KB

Name:  photo469.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  540.6 KB

Name:  photo146.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  534.2 KB

Name:  photo349.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  43.6 KB

Last edited by STG; 08-03-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3