Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 01:03 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi my name is Texascarlover. I am an alcoholic..............

Wrong meeting... errr Porschaholic - a relatively new addiction for me....
In January of 2017 I bought a 991.1 4S - actually my wife bought it for me...
In May of 2017 I ordered a 991.2 GTS PDK (didn't love the PDK as much as I thought I would)
In August 2017 I took delivery of the 991.2 GTS and traded the 991.1 4S
In September 2017 I bought a 1971 911S Outlaw
In February 2018 I sold the Outlaw
In March of 2018 I traded the 991.2 GTS for an Irish Green 991.2 Targa 4S (manual... all was right in the world again)
In May of 2018 I ordered a PTS GT3T which will deliver in December 2018
I am begging for a Speedster
I'm sure I'll be begging for the baby 918 rumored too
So my addiction is getting progressively more expensive but I don't care. I'm gonna have to get one of the 4.0's
Anyway all those trades lost money except the 71 outlaw.

Oh and I bought a Cayenne Turbo for my daily and a regular Cayenne for my wife and will soon order another Turbo for my wife - euro delivery so the family can use it vacationing through europe next June.
I'm also highly interested in a early 356 split window car... maybe when the right one comes along
Am I a flipper? Rhetorical.. Don't really care what you think. I drove them all and will drive them all in the future but it will (likely) always be a Porsche that I bought at PNH (except the classics).
I'm having a blast and feel a little giddy every time I get in the drivers seat.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:08 AM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

This thread has motivated me to make more money. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2018, 01:09 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
I seriously do not agree with this stmt.
i offered my RS4.0 at way below mkt at one point
i offered my GT4 below mkt
GT3
god. **** load of cars i offered to RL
peanut gallery blah blah blah, i want to see pic. sorry i dont do pic. a GT3 is a GT3
my prices are always fair if not below mkt. how do i know? b/c they all end up at dealers as they buy it at my asking, no pic needed. and wire in 24 hours.
so why o why should i sell to ENTHUSIAST? what does that word even mean?
Too many words,I had to do a lot of trimming so that the message doesn't get lost in translation. Lol. I've used " enthusiast " but usctrojan didn't,it's my mistake. This is what he said :

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm a driver and not a collector so it was time to let the GT3 go to someone who will actually drive it more than I did.
Fair enough and I have not called him a flipper. He can sell his property to whomever he wants and to whatever price he wants,I have no problem with it...it's actually none of my business! The only point I couldn't help myself making is that Martin's posts are well known on Rennlist about " stealerships and ADMs " . He made his life's goal to bash these practices constantly on these forums,so I have found it pretty amusing actually that he's posting this thread. To be honest,I would've traded the car back to the flipper and keep my business to myself,I don't see the point in letting everyone know " I don't follow my own advice ". Unless he's having a kick out of this...which might be,this is pretty entertaining.
Going back to your point,let's be honest,I think this car would've sold pretty quick at MSRP,don't you agree? The reason nobody bought your 4.0 when you've listed it for sale is because nobody took you seriously. But I agree : lots of " talkers " and no action type of people on Rennlist.

Again,and this is my last post on this matter,you can sell your property to Gandalf from Lord of the Rings for 100K over,I do not care...

Old 08-03-2018, 01:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,087 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Hi my name is Texascarlover. I am an alcoholic..............

Wrong meeting... errr Porschaholic - a relatively new addiction for me....
In January of 2017 I bought a 991.1 4S - actually my wife bought it for me...
In May of 2017 I ordered a 991.2 GTS PDK (didn't love the PDK as much as I thought I would)
In August 2017 I took delivery of the 991.2 GTS and traded the 991.1 4S
In September 2017 I bought a 1971 911S Outlaw
In February 2018 I sold the Outlaw
In March of 2018 I traded the 991.2 GTS for an Irish Green 991.2 Targa 4S (manual... all was right in the world again)
In May of 2018 I ordered a PTS GT3T which will deliver in December 2018
I am begging for a Speedster
I'm sure I'll be begging for the baby 918 rumored too
So my addiction is getting progressively more expensive but I don't care. I'm gonna have to get one of the 4.0's
Anyway all those trades lost money except the 71 outlaw.

Oh and I bought a Cayenne Turbo for my daily and a regular Cayenne for my wife and will soon order another Turbo for my wife - euro delivery so the family can use it vacationing through europe next June.
I'm also highly interested in a early 356 split window car... maybe when the right one comes along
Am I a flipper? Rhetorical.. Don't really care what you think. I drove them all and will drive them all in the future but it will (likely) always be a Porsche that I bought at PNH (except the classics).
I'm having a blast and feel a little giddy every time I get in the drivers seat.
That's awesome, you got bit hard too. haha Once you get a 997 4.0L you'll never sell it, trust me on that! Best manual car I've ever driven (I'm sure the CGT is more epic but I just can't afford that...yet).
Old 08-03-2018, 01:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,087 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Too many words,I had to do a lot of trimming so that the message doesn't get lost in translation. Lol. I've used " enthusiast " but usctrojan didn't,it's my mistake. This is what he said :

Fair enough and I have not called him a flipper. He can sell his property to whomever he wants and to whatever price he wants,I have no problem with it...it's actually none of my business! The only point I couldn't help myself making is that Martin's posts are well known on Rennlist about " stealerships and ADMs " . He made his life's goal to bash these practices constantly on these forums,so I have found it pretty amusing actually that he's posting this thread. To be honest,I would've traded the car back to the flipper and keep my business to myself,I don't see the point in letting everyone know " I don't follow my own advice ". Unless he's having a kick out of this...which might be,this is pretty entertaining.
Going back to your point,let's be honest,I think this car would've sold pretty quick at MSRP,don't you agree? The reason nobody bought your 4.0 when you've listed it for sale is because nobody took you seriously. But I agree : lots of " talkers " and no action type of people on Rennlist.

Again,and this is my last post on this matter,you can sell your property to Gandalf from Lord of the Rings for 100K over,I do not care...

Rennlist was getting boring so I figured I'd spice things up a bit with this thread. Mission accomplished! haha
Old 08-03-2018, 02:03 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,802 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu

just so we are clear i am not directing it at you although i did quote u.
i am just off my meds or maybe one box too many oreo's.
but sometimes i think it's 'better just to go drive.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:17 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi!!! Cliff notes? Oh. Hi spyder, Mooty, trakcar, USCTrojan. Oh are the RL kids moaning and whining? Tsk tsk tsk.

Who cares??! No one complains how you make money or lose money - u ever lost money on stock market ? Who do you blame? You ever lost money on real estate? Who do you blame? How about when you make money? How about the poor bastard who paid what you are asking? Who blames you? It’s a free country. Did you pay over market value on your house or business? Did you get mad at your agent or the seller and rant about it? If you don’t like the price, don’t buy. Things sell at market price.ask Elon musk lol. He is a guru of smokes and mirrors. Ohh nooo it is unfair. Oh no!!! Where is my trophy for waking up in the morning!

Ok I need my meds....
Old 08-03-2018, 02:20 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DC640
Hi!!! Cliff notes? Oh. Hi spyder, Mooty, trakcar, USCTrojan. Oh are the RL kids moaning and whining? Tsk tsk tsk.

Who cares??! No one complains how you make money or lose money - u ever lost money on stock market ? Who do you blame? You ever lost money on real estate? Who do you blame? How about when you make money? How about the poor bastard who paid what you are asking? Who blames you? It’s a free country. Did you pay over market value on your house or business? Did you get mad at your agent or the seller and rant about it? If you don’t like the price, don’t buy. Things sell at market price.ask Elon musk lol. He is a guru of smokes and mirrors. Ohh nooo it is unfair. Oh no!!! Where is my trophy for waking up in the morning!

Ok I need my meds....
DC640,

I blame you for everything.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:34 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx

Of Martin?
Of PNH?

I know Martin pretty well, for many years... his feedback is centered at: dealers that wouldn't even entertain a relationship discussion, which he is/was pretty damn transparent about, dealers that won't sell new cars at MSRP to anyone, and individuals that buy and immediately sell at a 'profit' (flippers).

So which hypocrisy and double standard are you referring to?

As for John, well, he's doing exactly as he should. I know how I treat my customers who spend millions of $ with me.

oh yeah cw, grabbed this one for you while at the moma in madrid. Your favorite artist!

I doubt there's anything to add to the Martin conversation that would be worthwhile or meaningful at this point.

Anyone who likes Rothko is a friend of mine. Although I'm not much of a fan of his lighter works from his earlier years, I find his darker works stunning - especially the deep maroon and red wine colored Seagram murals. My main room has replicas of two Seagram murals. I've got another replica of Black in Deep Red (1957), and a third Seagram mural in another room. These aren't small posters either. These are huge 8' canvases that completely dominate the room. Sitting in an Eames chair with a pilsner, a Partagas and staring at a 8' Rothko is my refuge from the world. And the story behind the dark, over-powering colors (intended to ruin the "snobby" patrons dinner) is just hilarious to me. Like I said, he's my favorite artist by far. Unfortunately, I don't have the money for a real one, so I paid a guy to create these replicas. They turned out really nice.

Hope you had a nice time in Spain.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:25 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

if you can't beat them...join them
Old 08-03-2018, 06:39 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Who said this thread was worthless? It produced another Mooty classic which now makes this thread a classic. Can someone get it posted as a “sticky”?

It amazed me that some of Martins critics are guys that actually paid adms. Go figure. No names. You know who you are.

I’ve purchased at least a half dozen new Carreras from my dealer. From base to GTS. Likely more I’ve lost count. Referred customers one who wants an Exclusive Turbo S. Attended events. Wine bottles at Xmas. Do I feel like a “brown nose”? You bet. Put a deposit down 3 1/2 years ago for a new RS. Waited sometimes not so patiently but one day still sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring...guess what???? ..it rang. First it was a wrong number buuuut then miracle of miracles it rang again shortly after. It was my SA!. “You can have a .2 3RS allocation at MSRP..do you want it?” Still Clearing the cobwebs from my face I mumbled yes.

Yeah. Happy day.

I also signed a “Right of First refusal”. I can offer the car to anyone and whatever I sell it for my dealer gets the right to pay the same to me first. If they don’t want to it goes to the other guy.

They basically told told me I’m now part of the small GT mishpucha at the dealership (for those of you too lazy to look it up it’s Hebrew for family).

Yeah. Happy day...again.

Verbally promised to trade this one in on a 992RS. They were happy. I was happy. Wife was only one not so happy. I was Just thinking ahead.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Pretty much my takeaway from this thread.
Messy but perhaps satisfying following the tried and tested, overoiled 2stroke connected to a hose down the Mole hole..

In process of designing new house. No lawn, no moles.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:58 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
just so we are clear i am not directing it at you although i did quote u.
i am just off my meds or maybe one box too many oreo's.
but sometimes i think it's 'better just to go drive.

MOOTY Next time you are heavy on the meds I want to discuss buying your 4.0...... but hoping you are not a proctologist... I would feel a bit guilty about what would happen to your next day patients.....
Old 08-03-2018, 10:32 AM
JC Lacayo
Pro

Received 136 Likes on 100 Posts

Old 08-03-2018, 10:47 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

Happy Friday morning all. Just read this whole thread.

I’m just grateful we have a few good P dealers in TX, specifically PP and PNH. And people who are willing to play fair and aren’t petty, whiny aholes and are actually friendly, personable people can buy cars from these dealers at list once the relationship is developed.

I can’t churn like a lot of you so I just enjoy what I have. First GT car was a GT4, drove it 8k miles over 1.5 years and loved it, sold it back through dealer for small loss. Don’t care. Got .2 GT3 PDK and already at 4K miles. Loving it. Don’t care if I sell it for a loss later and I’ll try to get the next flavor down the road if possible.

That’s the extent of my concern about the P car world. Clearly many of y’all enjoy the game more than I do. I just like driving cool cars.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3