Sponsored by:

Looks like PDKs are already being sold at close MSRP on secondary market

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 02:39 PM
orthodoc911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
I'm nearing 5k miles on my .2 GT3..... mine must be worth diddly shyt now.
Guess it all depends on your idea of shyt. It seems like it all boils down to how long you expect it to sit on the market.
Lots of guys are okay with 2 to 4 months with occasional price drops.
Some others, like this seller below, sold his <1k mile within 6 days.
Plenty of buyers just sitting and waiting for deals like this one.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/thr...t3-172k.579981
2018 Porsche GT3 $172K
1mean3
Rossa Subscribed
Jul 9, 2018
2018 Porsche GT3 for sale.
740 miles.
Carrara White Metallic, Black Extended Leather Interior w/Red Stitching, Red Seat Belts, White Gage Faces.
Platinum Satin Wheels, Lift, Bose, Sport Chrono, Etc...Refer to the window sticker for details.
Selling price is Sticker $164k.
plus tax paid.
With or without the added Weissach Homage Decals.
Your choice

1mean3
Jul 15, 2018 NEW
Sale pending
Old 08-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
Lol he says 'Treasured GT3'. He's only done 3,000 miles in it!
Agreed. I laugh out loud every time I read that nonsense in an ad.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:46 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealer made a couple scratches under the bottom of my front lip where you can't see it. Aero/downforce completely destroyed. RIP value!!
Old 08-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by orthodoc911
Guess it all depends on your idea of shyt. It seems like it all boils down to how long you expect it to sit on the market.
Lots of guys are okay with 2 to 4 months with occasional price drops.
Some others, like this seller below, sold his <1k mile within 6 days.
Plenty of buyers just sitting and waiting for deals like this one.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/thr...t3-172k.579981
2018 Porsche GT3 $172K
1mean3
Rossa Subscribed
Jul 9, 2018
2018 Porsche GT3 for sale.
740 miles.
Carrara White Metallic, Black Extended Leather Interior w/Red Stitching, Red Seat Belts, White Gage Faces.
Platinum Satin Wheels, Lift, Bose, Sport Chrono, Etc...Refer to the window sticker for details.
Selling price is Sticker $164k.
plus tax paid.
With or without the added Weissach Homage Decals.
Your choice

1mean3
Jul 15, 2018 NEW
Sale pending
I was being sarcastic. Because well I bought my car to drive & enjoy.... even long drives like from South FL to Road Atlanta. I couldn't care less about buying it to merely let it sit like a garage ornament or hardly ever be driven and then hoping it's worth 50k more 2 yrs from now or 20 years from now. F that. What a waste IMHO. That's nice if it did appreciate but I don't lose sleep over it.... heck I know a few locally who have garage queen GT3's and hardly gets driven.... and if it did it's always local like to a restaurant a mile away. LOL

Heck I think, err wish, every GT-car should be sold at msrp (or less) to the first or second buyer, etc. etc... with no strings attached nor major difficulty to obtain on allocation for a first time buyer. But we know that's wishful thinking, unfortunately.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:47 PM
Craigy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

These cars depreciate. That's what they do. ADM lost also counts as depreciation.

They're only limited to how many Porsche can build and deliver. And Porsche builds a lot of cars.

Porsche has also made it clear that every few years there will be a later and greater model. The 992 will surpass the 991. The .2s will be better than the .1s. Even folks like Chris Harris admitting that the 991 cars are better than the 997 4.0.

Even for the wealthiest, most eccentric collectors with a lot of garage space, that is going to make for a lot of very similar cars in a collection. Thus the collectabilty is diminished, and they will follow a similar curve to any other high-spec 911.

The fake owners and temporary enthusiasts dramatically impact the market and it cuts both ways. Speculators only prop up the market so long as they are buying and holding. When the speculators sell, the inverse happens.

The only folks who are going to make money are those who get to buy an early car at MSRP and then do a quick flip, and then of course the dealers themselves. Even many of the quick flippers are going to get hosed on sales tax.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Addicted-2-Speed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigy
Even many of the quick flippers are going to get hosed on sales tax.
+1
Old 08-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 93 Posts

I have almost 4K on mine and I don’t give a crap about resale other than knowing I likely won’t lose my a** when I sell it down the road.

I’ve treasured every single mile and I know I won’t think about not optimizing the resale on my death bed, but I will remember the drives around town and running it to redline over and over and over again on the track for a bunch of 20-30 minute sessions listening to the 4.0L flat six sing a beautiful sound through the GRP bypass along with the epic handling on how it dives into corners under trail braking and just squats and rips out of corners under hard throttle out of them.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:57 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

To bad for me that I couldn't get a allocation for msrp.
and believe me I have tried.
it was either pay or walk away.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:40 PM
lisocayman
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

My ADM was $15k 8 months ago. IMO it was worth it, if the MSRP was $15k higher I would still have bought the car, in many ways Porsche under priced it. Emotionally I would have had an easier time paying an MSRP $15K higher than what I paid, but in the end it’s the same amount of $ and I have a car that is unbelievable.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:04 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by lisocayman
My ADM was $15k 8 months ago. IMO it was worth it, if the MSRP was $15k higher I would still have bought the car, in many ways Porsche under priced it. Emotionally I would have had an easier time paying an MSRP $15K higher than what I paid, but in the end it’s the same amount of $ and I have a car that is unbelievable.
well stated my friend.
jack
Old 08-03-2018, 09:20 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

I was being sarcastic. Because well I bought my car to drive & enjoy.... even long drives like from South FL to Road Atlanta. I couldn't care less about buying it to merely let it sit like a garage ornament or hardly ever be driven and then hoping it's worth 50k more 2 yrs from now or 20 years from now. F that. What a waste IMHO. That's nice if it did appreciate but I don't lose sleep over it.... heck I know a few locally who have garage queen GT3's and hardly gets driven.... and if it did it's always local like to a restaurant a mile away. LOL

Heck I think, err wish, every GT-car should be sold at msrp (or less) to the first or second buyer, etc. etc... with no strings attached nor major difficulty to obtain on allocation for a first time buyer. But we know that's wishful thinking, unfortunately.
This winter they are all MSRP, if not already.
Not that there is anything wrong with paying over to enjoy these cars.

But if it’s to not lose money on a car or even trying to make money, that’s not going to work out.
there will be a huge wave of cars coming to Market when all the guys just keeping the car covered up hoping they won’t devalue or profit realize it didn’t work.

Its fine for heavy users and there will be a ton on track this winter and next spring, now that we can insure for less stated value and if we ball up, pay deductible and pick up another GT the next day.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

+1, look at the volumes being produced
The GT4 was selling with ADM 2 years ago, then we found out they made far more than the projected 2400 and fast forward to today where prices have tanked.

RL doesn't seem to bring it up much but we don't know how many 991.2 GT3 s will be produced. If it ends up being large, then that will put pressure on the supply side of the equation
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
IMO there are a LOT of GT cars being made this year in line with what some RL members like Trakcar have been saying all along

I personally saw first hand 991 GT car production at least 50% if not more of the assembly line during my factory tour visit, and others verifying this during their factory visits this year on RL. So maybe supply is catching up with demand, especially for already-built cars (will always be demand for configurable allocations which is different). Sofas + PDK seem to be asking the lowest ADM of $10-15k but ask and sale price are usually two different things, so maybe we are getting close to MSRP
This is the voice of experience, highly credible
but I tend to agree with SamPellegrino quite often

Last edited by Perimeter; 08-04-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Craigy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
+1, look at the volumes being produced
The GT4 was selling with ADM 2 years ago, then we found out they made far more than the projected 2400 and fast forward to today where prices have tanked.

RL doesn't seem to bring it up much but we don't know how many 991.2 GT3 s will be produced. If it ends up being large, then that will put pressure on the supply side of the equation
We don't know the exact figures but we do know it's going to be a lot.

Extra cars produced + extra cars on the market from flippers bailing will put a lot of supply-side pressure.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigy
Porsche has also made it clear that every few years there will be a later and greater model. The 992 will surpass the 991. The .2s will be better than the .1s. Even folks like Chris Harris admitting that the 991 cars are better than the 997 4.0
That's because he has sour grapes for selling it before they popped! JK: Porsche keeps building better stuff. 991 was a quantum leap in performance and utility/dd (not so much on the fun/emotional-factor). But Harris DOES have sour grapes on a few cars he's owned; pretty sure 4.0 is one of them.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:55 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

No one in their right mind tried to flip a GT3.

Even at sticker after you pay tax you are at zero profit.

Quick Reply: Looks like PDKs are already being sold at close MSRP on secondary market