Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why All the Closed Threads on GT3 Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 12:37 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by superquant
3) I certainly won't be offering my PTS 2RS or .2 3RS on here. Will optimize for Max profit.

You are a true Rennlister. I wish you no future disappointments.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:41 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^geez quiet I was getting close to my first mega watt
Old 06-15-2018, 02:08 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I'm just trying to inject some common sense here.
Frankly I'm more than a little surprised you can't mentally put yourself in his position. A) He wanted to the car to go to a future owner, not a dealer/ flipper. B) He felt strongly enough about it that he was willing to sacrifice some potential profit towards that goal. C) He believes the buyer misrepresented himself as a future owner in order to close the deal. That's all pretty clear cut, or?

All the rest- (it's just business, the seller made more than enough money already, etc), is immaterial. If you believe the buyer intentionally misrepresented himself then case closed. Even if you think the buyer didn't misrepresent himself we can agree the seller felt he did, and it makes perfect sense that he'd state so publicly so that others don't make the same error. Pretty simple unless you think misrepresentation and business go hand in hand. Some clearly do, and quite a few of them happen to be car dealers.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
But there's a difference. The post about driving a manual and stalling was closed by the OP (Neurotic) at his choice. As the author of a thread, they have this privelage.
Fair point, I'd missed that part.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:11 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

^Agree with you 100 percent. And plenty of folks seem to be skipping by point B.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:15 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
^Agree with you 100 percent. And plenty of folks seem to be skipping by point B.
Thanks ... point B is aka "willing to sell car below market to a fellow driver". I made plenty of money and thank the Lord for that but it still was 20-30k under market. I did this so next driver owner enjoy driving and minimize future loss. Not so a dealer could buy it.

I can't afford to be a non profit charity but seems like that's the only acceptable scenario to some ..

Case closed!
Old 06-15-2018, 02:17 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Most of the acrimony on this forum derives from the fact that there are distinct and often conflicting philosophies regarding Porsche’s GT cars and who should, rather than can, own them, which also directly impacts how owners use their cars. The MT vs PDK conundrum best symbolizes the wider conflict as the MT is viewed as a principal mechanism to exclude the undeserving poseurs from the deserving party faithful. The next tier of distinction is the LWB vs “sofa” (clearly an epithet) back and forth. The “traditionalist” believe their cars and their approach has been hijacked, hence the good old days nostalgia. Personally I see no right or wrong,beyond the unfortunate loss of civility, to any of the POVs, but there is likely no resolution without a healthy dose of moderator intervention. History here has repeatedly shown that a “big tent” approach by the members has little to no chance of success. As such, take or leave RL for what it is at any given moment.
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

3) I certainly won't be offering my PTS 2RS or .2 3RS on here. Will optimize for Max profit.
You promise?

Maybe one day you should post about how you enjoyed driving your car or it’s aligment specs or suggestions that other RLers cars can benefit from. I’m sick and tired of reading about pricing and flipping. I guess I should just stop reading RL. I don’t learn anything from this forum anymore.
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

He listed the car for like $330K+ on here and nobody bit!!

The ONLY reason he's pissed is because he thinks in his own head that he supposedly could have made more on the car now that he see's a shiny new listing.

You guys think he was actually doing Rennlisters a favor?? He got a market FSBO price for it. Hurt feelings that who bought the car really matter? Last I read he got PAID IN FULL after going back on his intial agreement and charged the buyer an extra $10K.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:20 PM
STG
Race Director

Thanks ... point B is aka "willing to sell car below market to a fellow driver". I made a lot of money but it still was 20-30k under market. I think some confused this with being a non profit charity.

Under what market?? FULL dealer retail when you were selling FSBO?? There is a difference.

You think the dealer in Chi will actually get his asking?? Hell no.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:21 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Can you please show me in the Rennlist Classified ad that Mr Disappointed made the sale conditional on this nuance?
Old 06-15-2018, 02:28 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Can you please show me in the Rennlist Classified ad that Mr Disappointed made the sale conditional on this nuance?
As you know I deleted my text exchange with buyer because of RULES. You saw very clearly what I asked about his use of car. Let me transcribe it for you maybe that's ok for rules.

Me: "I want to confirm you are taking the car for yourself and not for dealer to flip, right? my guy is worried it's going to go up for sale because the price is very good."

Him: "It's not going up for sale! I'm holding that baby! I told him it's not going up for sale."
Old 06-15-2018, 02:31 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

I can't wait for the irony of this thread getting closed
Old 06-15-2018, 02:35 PM
STG
Race Director

I had to delete my text exchange with buyer where you saw very clearly what I asked about his use.

Do you remember that? Would you like me to post it again?

So at any point, did you get any higher offers than the one you accepted from any other parties, dealer or private party?

You listed the car for like $330,000.00, did you get any offers for that amount that you turned down?

I assume you got the BEST price that the market was willing to pay. Correct? If you thought you could have gotten more you should have held off selling.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:40 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

I sent a PM to Superquant asking for his bottom line. He was willing to take alot less than the listed price.

Quick Reply: Why All the Closed Threads on GT3 Forum?