Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm sent
Old 05-18-2018, 09:14 PM
WKD2WIN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivered!

Look what just came in.... Thanks Scott!

Yehaw!

Last edited by WKD2WIN; 05-19-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:59 PM
lnirenberg
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Group buy

PM sent
Old 05-18-2018, 11:56 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Unfortunately I don't have a hard YES or NO answer. From my personal experience, and putting the battery in my 2016 RS I have NOT changed the PIWIS system to accomodate the RS-30 Lithium Battery, and have not had any warning, or faults show up at all. The charging range which I have tested in-depth on my personal vehicle has never been outside the norms that our Battery needs. I have intentionally NOT changed the PIWIS system to see if any flags or warnings came up. Nothing has... and as I said from my testing of the voltages and charging of the RS-30 from the GT3 RS, there has been no abnormalities and I feel our battery is safe with its current settings.

On the other hand I have talke to the Porsche Tech quite a bit where I bought the car from and as most know there is a setting in the PIWIS you can change for a Lithium Battery being installed in the vehicles. But when I press on what exactly it does within the system the techs themselves DID NOT know the answer and I have talked to 3 other from different Dealerships. Porsche does not give them the details. From my perspective I assume it changes the charging curve mildly to better accomodate the Porsche Lithium version. But the fact is I'm not seeing where a mild change eitherway will harm the RS-30 being it does have Over-Charge protections. So from my testing I'm not worried about our Battery, and having a nominal voltage of 13.2v for lithium compared to 12.6 for Lead acid it really won't be much different from the Cars perspective. 13.2 is also a voltage lead can sit at for a short period of time as it goes down to its resting voltage.

So I have no hard answer for that question, just my experience and common sense deduction that our battery will not be harmed by it and the Porsche shouldn't be remotely effected by even a volt difference either way, and the Porsche system isn't charging above 15v at any time so all is good as it sits.. without changing the PIWIS. If any body can find a Tech who Porsche has told exactly what the changes ARE in setting the PIWIS to lithium I would be glad to know that... but I don't think they will tell them.
Thanks. Looks like you have a very good product at a very good price point
Old 05-19-2018, 01:11 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,011 Likes on 569 Posts

Well damn, I just got done sending the links to every PM I have gotten, some of you might have gotten double PMs accidentally. I will also be emailing all those who emailed me. So everyone should have gotten the links to the Group Buy.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:16 AM
MAGNUM08
Track Day

Will the RS-30 work on 2004 996 GT2? just worried about height at 8" usually all are 7.5"?
Old 05-19-2018, 08:28 AM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If anyone in South Florida is interested in a Braille GU1R I have a band new sealed still in factory box battery and charger available.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:22 AM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

PM sent
Old 05-19-2018, 10:32 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MAGNUM08
Will the RS-30 work on 2004 996 GT2? just worried about height at 8" usually all are 7.5"?
Even with the frunks place battery area cover in place I have about 1" clearance on a 991.1 GT3 RS... I don't know the exact height of your 996 but I assume there is room. 7.5 is the actual height of the Group 48/H6 battery but that does not mean you don't have room or have to have the exact height for one battery compared to another. If you can get a measurements for your area that would be best.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:45 AM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Tray

Is your tray needed for installation in 991.2 GT3?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2018, 12:39 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Placed my order. Thank you antigravity!
Old 05-19-2018, 05:45 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 288 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Come on Golfnut.... NOT a cool post.... it's completely inaccurate and you just popped out a comment because a PM didn't go through. Now another Poster just posted "does not bode well for future issues or support" which is also absolutely NOT ACCURATE. So that's what lobbing comments with out backing up the fact does.

Below is the screen shot of me PM'ing you 2 days ago on May 14th... yet, today May 16th you state I didn't send you a PM and you post a comment about me and my company insinuating it being a one man operation. Yet the proof is I PM'd you! Maybe next time take a second to email me. You are correct I'm swamped, but I'm getting this done and following through. I sent about 65 PMs the other day. If any of you guys have any issues, contact me... emailing gets directly to me. It by far the best way to communicate with me. scott@antigravitybatteries.com

Just in case anybody has any questions about us... We have a 12,000 ft warehouse in Gardena, CA. We have 4 phone lines which anybody is able to call within our business hours from 7am through 4pm Pacific time M-F. You can reach us at info@antigravitybatteries.com or me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com.
Main phone line for the office is 310 527 2330. We have 9 employees. You can go check us out on Facebook, we have I think 64,000 likes. You can also find us on Instagram and other Social sites... We are all over the place just type in Antigravity Batteries on Google. We also do alot of Tradeshows... so it s busy business and I'm busy... but I'm not a flake nor will I ignore a PM. If a PM did not get to you email me. scott@antigravitybatteries.com
ignore people like this ... we appreciate what you are doing for RL members and GT3 owners ... Kudos !!! Brian
Old 05-19-2018, 10:56 PM
Raucky
Instructor

Order placed! Thx again and looking forward to it.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:46 PM
lovetoturn
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,066 Likes on 518 Posts

The plate will of course be best, but if you are in a hurry, this works perfectly fine too.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Salj
Is your tray needed for installation in 991.2 GT3?
For the hard-core guys who are do it yourselfers and track guys ala Lovetoturn...You can rig a set-up. like Lovetoturn does. Its pretty simple because you can loop a strap all the way UNDER the existing battery tray... and being the battery is 11.5lbs you really don't need a super duty hold down. If your creative there are a few different ways to do it.... on the GT3 RS and most 991.1 models they have a wiring connection attached to the bottom of the Porsche tray so don't strap over that if your doing a rig like that. But even Lovetoturn will be getting a tray once they are out. (UPS tracking confirmed delivery tomorrow/Monday).

As for our Tray... it just a fully "realized" product that makes the installation a simple and a easy direct swap out.... The Tray screws onto the bottom of the RS-30 with 6 small screws then in effect becomes the same exact size as the Lead/Acid battery because it now mimics the Lead Acids "feet" on the bottom of the battery.... so you just put the RS-30 in place use the same mounting cleat which is just ONE BOLT... tighten that then put the clamps on and your done. Additionally our tray has the top mount and side support rods you see in the picture... not totally necessary for Street only use but we suggestino you install them also. Some Racing and Track inspections require a metal strap over a battery. So that meets those standards and give extra support for extra high vibration of Spirited Driving, Tracking and Racing.

Bottom line is the cars we have a killer cars... I didn't want to make something that wasn't cool, good looking and perfectly functional. My first weeks with the car I had thought of some other ideas but they all needed more work/rigging to install them so I said screw that, lets just do it right. So its by far the best solution hands down.

Quick Reply: Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???