Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 01:31 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,217 Likes on 600 Posts

Looks like I missed the deadline waiting for respose on shipping :-(. Hope I can still jump in. Anyway, I've got one already for my US car, and it's working well. I'm now thinking about getting one (smaller version) for my daughter's Powerwheels GT3 :-)
Old 06-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
I will be closing the Groupbuy at the end of this week- Saturday night...
I think ALL orders have been shipped as of this afternoon...including the colored tray orders.
Where are these engineered/designed?
Where are the batteries manufactured/assembled?
Where are the cells manufactured?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2018, 12:58 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Couple of things.....

1- Your battery should have come with 6 small Phillips head screws that screw the Tray onto the Bottom of the Battery that hold the Base of the Battery to the Bottom Tray.... and the Battery would therefore NOT be loose ever in the tray because it is screwed down into the tray.... Let me know if you got them, we can send another set out. Also I show a piece of foam that we are sending to everyone from the initial shipments that goes UNDER the top mounts and makes it so the top bars won't scratch the battery and applies a little downforce... But again the Battery is mounted to the tray by those 6 little screws.

2- Unfortunately, if your on a diet I would get rid of your scale.... it is extremely INACCURATE... the 70Ah Porsche battery that you show on the scale as weighing 32 pounds.... actually weighs 45 pounds! I'll post some pictures on our super accurate UPS shipping scale when I get down to the shop later this week.
Are you referring to the RS 30 battery coming with these screws? If so, I did not get them...

EDIT: Found screws in packaging but already mounted battery. Everything seems to be nice and snug... are these screws necessary?

Last edited by GT TREE; 06-16-2018 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Found screws
Old 06-16-2018, 01:20 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Where are these engineered/designed?
Where are the batteries manufactured/assembled?
Where are the cells manufactured?

Thanks
HuaHui New Energy, China
Old 06-17-2018, 03:42 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,011 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
Antigravity? Please response to Saturday order before deadline thank you?

Sorry all who had questions. I was out of town for all of last week on vacation. Most of the time without internet service where we were at, so didn't get the opportunity to check-in. Sorry for any lack of communication.

We didn't turn off the Group Buy because I sort of forgot about it as I was getting ready to leave. For those of you that want it I will send you the links.... but I will shut it off Wednesday for sure. Can you please email me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com if your interested, this way I can make sure I respond to you. I'm playing catch up this next week, and if I get an email its much easier to respond to than a PM from Renn since I rarely get notified of them.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:49 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT TREE
Are you referring to the RS 30 battery coming with these screws? If so, I did not get them...

EDIT: Found screws in packaging but already mounted battery. Everything seems to be nice and snug... are these screws necessary?
YOu don't HAVE to have the screws in place...... but it does allow the battery to not move around a little more. The battery has about 1mm freeplay in the tray but the trays bumpers hold it in place perfectly fine. The bottom screws just make it so you can eliminate any movement because hard plastic, against hard aluminum can be slippery, but as I said the bumpers hold it in place anyway.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:18 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

YOu don't HAVE to have the screws in place...... but it does allow the battery to not move around a little more. The battery has about 1mm freeplay in the tray but the trays bumpers hold it in place perfectly fine. The bottom screws just make it so you can eliminate any movement because hard plastic, against hard aluminum can be slippery, but as I said the bumpers hold it in place anyway.
Thank you. I actually took it back out to have a look at the underside of the tray. Seems that while using the foam cut outs supplied between battery and tray, that screws didn't really even want to go through so I decided in not using them.

Installed mine in my 981 Spyder. Total weight saving of just over 21.5 lbs. Looks like you guys have an even heavier OEM battery in the 911's.

Everything from the product(s), website, instructions and all couldn't have been easier to navigate and understand. Awesome job and kudos to all involved in this little project.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:47 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 559 Likes on 274 Posts

It's easier and cheaper to get a lightweight battery than getting a personal trainer and going on a diet my battery arrives tomorrow
Old 06-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT TREE
Thank you. I actually took it back out to have a look at the underside of the tray. Seems that while using the foam cut outs supplied between battery and tray, that screws didn't really even want to go through so I decided in not using them.

Installed mine in my 981 Spyder. Total weight saving of just over 21.5 lbs. Looks like you guys have an even heavier OEM battery in the 911's.

Everything from the product(s), website, instructions and all couldn't have been easier to navigate and understand. Awesome job and kudos to all involved in this little project.

Aha.... I see what you mean by the little bolts won't fit through foam pieces.... Sorry, that foam piece is for the ATX 30 Battery being installed...The ATX30 is a SMALLER battery and that foam holds it in place in that tray. That foam piece unfortunately shouldn't have come in your bag since It isn't for use with the RS-30 actually. I think we had and over exuberant staff put that foam piece in there accidentally. No worries though you can use the foam for something else.... Those Bottom foam pieces come with the ATX30 battery tray Kit..... the RS 30 doesn't use the foam below the battery, only a small piece for the top mount bar. Sorry for the confusion that might have caused...
The following users liked this post:
pride355 (05-06-2021)
Old 06-19-2018, 10:03 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by user1029
It's easier and cheaper to get a lightweight battery than getting a personal trainer and going on a diet my battery arrives tomorrow
Going on a diet is actually very cheap - I just stopped buying beer and fine cheeses - weight and money savings right there.
The following users liked this post:
pride355 (05-06-2021)
Old 06-19-2018, 11:07 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,004 Likes on 2,282 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Going on a diet is actually very cheap - I just stopped buying beer and fine cheeses - weight and money savings right there.
Or just fast....lose weight and save lots of money. Win-win right there.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:07 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 138 Posts

Good thing I checked this thread again today. Order placed. Should save around 80lbs between battery and exhaust.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:31 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Aha.... I see what you mean by the little bolts won't fit through foam pieces.... Sorry, that foam piece is for the ATX 30 Battery being installed...The ATX30 is a SMALLER battery and that foam holds it in place in that tray. That foam piece unfortunately shouldn't have come in your bag since It isn't for use with the RS-30 actually. I think we had and over exuberant staff put that foam piece in there accidentally. No worries though you can use the foam for something else.... Those Bottom foam pieces come with the ATX30 battery tray Kit..... the RS 30 doesn't use the foam below the battery, only a small piece for the top mount bar. Sorry for the confusion that might have caused...
Interesting. I say that because those foam cut-outs do fit the tray for the RS-30 like a glove.
Mine are in and I assume should be no issue by leaving them there.....
Old 06-20-2018, 01:35 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
Good thing I checked this thread again today. Order placed. Should save around 80lbs between battery and exhaust.
which post is the order links in, or did you just email?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:40 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Installed batteries in both Turbo and GT3. So far so good. In the Turbo the weight loss is huge. The original battery was well over 50lbs.

Quick Reply: Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???