Old 05-16-2018, 03:39 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,011 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
no pm reply here either ... seems he is a one man show and swamped
Come on Golfnut.... NOT a cool post.... it's completely inaccurate and you just popped out a comment because a PM didn't go through. Now another Poster just posted "does not bode well for future issues or support" which is also absolutely NOT ACCURATE. So that's what lobbing comments with out backing up the fact does.

Below is the screen shot of me PM'ing you 2 days ago on May 14th... yet, today May 16th you state I didn't send you a PM and you post a comment about me and my company insinuating it being a one man operation. Yet the proof is I PM'd you! Maybe next time take a second to email me. You are correct I'm swamped, but I'm getting this done and following through. I sent about 65 PMs the other day. If any of you guys have any issues, contact me... emailing gets directly to me. It by far the best way to communicate with me. scott@antigravitybatteries.com

Just in case anybody has any questions about us... We have a 12,000 ft warehouse in Gardena, CA. We have 4 phone lines which anybody is able to call within our business hours from 7am through 4pm Pacific time M-F. You can reach us at info@antigravitybatteries.com or me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com.
Main phone line for the office is 310 527 2330. We have 9 employees. You can go check us out on Facebook, we have I think 64,000 likes. You can also find us on Instagram and other Social sites... We are all over the place just type in Antigravity Batteries on Google. We also do alot of Tradeshows... so it s busy business and I'm busy... but I'm not a flake nor will I ignore a PM. If a PM did not get to you email me. scott@antigravitybatteries.com
Old 05-16-2018, 03:49 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Raucky
I'm asssuming that this will fit my 991.1 gt3 and inbound 991.2 gt3rs?
Yes fits all the GT3s that have the H6 Battery also known as Group 48 Battery.. all the 991s use that battery. Uses the stock mounting cleat so you do not have to change anything to mount it. Basically Plug and Play. I am busy making the Installation Instruction for it specifically for the Porsche guys. Hopefully be done with that by this weekend and will post. you just mount the battery in the tray and becomes mountable using the stock location and mounting for all the 991s. Below is an actual sample of the blue one that was the sample... then the image below that is a CAD rendering but it is a polished version and I won't be polishing them.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:59 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by s4corrado996tt
Dear Sir:

My first question is that I don't drive my RS very much, so can I use factory Porsche battery maintainer charger to charge your lightweight battery?
Second, do you sell your battery to outside of north America such as Asia?
Third please give me quotations on option 1 and 2.
Thank you very much!
You CAN use a Lead Acid charger, like the Porsche maintainer in an emergency or short term circumstance to get the battery charged, but ONLY about 20 minutes. If you leave it on the lead acid battery charger it can be damaged due to the end of cycle charging that a Lead/Acid charge can do to a Lithium Battery or if it goes into Desulphate mode or if you try to keep in on a lead/acid maintainer it just not a good idea. So will I say yes you can do this for a short period of time for emergency... I do not condone it because you will at some point forget about it and potentially damage the battery. We hold that line because we don't want people to damage the battery in the long run. So for maintenance purposes I would just get the correct charger. For emergency yes you can do about 20 mins on a lead acid charger.

Also shipping is killer to foreign countries... so I need your address. Email me at Scott@antigravitybatteries.com

Last edited by Antigravity; 05-16-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:01 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Yes fit all the GT3s that have the H6 Battery also known as Group 48 Battery.. all the 991s use that battery. Uses the stock mounting cleat so you do not have to change anything to mount it. Basically Plug and Play. I am busy making the Installation Instruction for it specifically for the Porsche guys. Hopefully be done with that by this weekend and will post. you just mount the battery in the tray and becomes mountable using the stock location and mounting for all the 991s. Below is an actual sample of the blue one that was the sample... then the image below that is a CAD rendering but it is a polished version and I won't be polishing them.

Looks great! Very excited.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:42 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mech33

Does not bode well for future issues / long term support...
Actually has nothing to to do with future issues and long term support from Antigravity Batteries. I being the owner of the company will absolutely take the heat for PMs not getting to you, and also blame some of that on Rennlists platform because most the time I don't even get email telling me I have new PMs or new posts on this thread, and some said they have not gotten PM's when my side it shows a PM being sent. But setting up a group buy is not at all representative of the product itself or any service you will have from Antigravity with the product.

Once we get the trays in hand and it's rolling... it goes into the system as you purchasing from us....then you get sent the email receipt, tracking for the shipment, and all the stuff emailed to you from our ecommcer platform. It won't be me on here dealing with orders, that is a much bigger thing going on behind me. Then you can call the office if any questions or email me. Me trying to send PMs on an internet forum is not what our product is about or our service.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,004 Likes on 2,282 Posts

PMed you about buying 2 batteries.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:57 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

What is the expected life-span of the RS-30 battery?
Here in the desert, a typical lead-acid battery can last for only 2 years, sometimes as long as 3 years. Heat is brutal!
Old 05-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
What is the expected life-span of the RS-30 battery?
Here in the desert, a typical lead-acid battery can last for only 2 years, sometimes as long as 3 years. Heat is brutal!
Heat can have a negative effect on any battery chemistry, so yes high heat in your area could potentially lesson the battery service life. But I'll bring up a couple points which lead me to believe from experience, and from the actual real world testing that you should get a decent and longer lifespan from Lithium.

A couple facts are that lithium is rated at twice the "cycles" of lead acid. That means "theoretically" about twice the lifespan of a lead acid battery in general. The "cycles rating" is how many times a battery can be discharged than recharged. So in theory and as we have seen in real-world use, if the battery is maintained correctly without any overly deep discharges or overcharges you do get a much longer life with lithium. Now if you throw in the heat equation we can still expect a much longer life even though there will be some degradation in the performance of the battery. In the ambient heat of say 110-120 Lithium it is actually quite resilient. Yes I understand temps can go higher than that but it still remains true that the lithium will not be MORE effected by heat than Lead.

We are in California and we have not only the RS 30, but many of our smaller batteries in automobiles and our own staffs automobiles all the time (as well as customers). And in most the cases our cars are front engine cars so the heat from the motor as well as the California heat are about as brutal as you can get. Now if I throw the equation of it being a Porsche with a rear engine and it's not getting direct engine bay heat, then I'm not really considering that a high heat area compared to the same heat with a front engine car and the battery in the same location as an engine. So when I add this all up I'm not too worried about the heat issue. Plus we have had so many of the batteries before the RS-30 in vehicles and those batteries haven't had heat failures... it was more just over-discharge and over-charge issues... both of which are covered by the RS-30s Battery Managemenet System. But keep in touch with me over the years..we always appreciate any data provided if there ever is any issue.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:06 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

HI All,

So here how the Group Buy Purchasing will work.

First off I want to thank you all.... WAY more than I ever even thought are interested... At this time it's roughly 70 Rennlisters are doing this, and I got a few new emails and PMs for more... so that pretty crazy.

But due to the number of people doing this it means that I have to do this in an organized manner so you guys are easily able to purchase and we don't screw up any orders or color selections or Options. So I sat with our website person and she put together a plan so we could pull this Group Buy off super clean and easy...gotta say she kicks-*** because I was looking at this as a mess if we were going to be doing 70+ invoices or different options where the office was taking phone orders and fingering each persons options, but she nailed it.

So the plan is this...

1- I am going to PM every person in my Inbox with 3 internet links this Friday or Saturday.... May 18th or 19th....
2- There will be 1 link for each different Group Buy Option. For example an "Option-1" link, or "Option-2" link or "Option-3" link. You just click on the one you want.
3- When you click on the link it takes you to our Website page with all those products for that specific Option you wanted....then you select the Color Tray you want... then click "Add to Cart" and you will be ready to Pay and be done. We take all forms of Payment.
4- Our website is secure, and when you check out you will receive emails showing your order invoice, the tracking for the order, and so on... (keep in mind if you pre-order you may not see tracking until the tray comes and and we ship)
5-I will only have the Group Buy and those links "Open" for about 2 weeks after I post them to your emails/PMs.
6- For foreign shipping... I'm sorry I can't offer you the free shipping as we can do for the USA based Customer. Due to the Hazmat Class 9 shipping and surcharges on Lithium it is pretty expensive. I will try to work something out with you guys. We do not mark up the shipping cost... it's just expensive.

DISCLAIMERS....
1- Please note the Billet Colored (raw aluminum) are SUPPOSED to Arrive per tracking Monday May 21st... so that means I can potentially ship on the 22nd or 23rd. Keep in mind I have to package and lable the new Trays to ship out from here. Yes I'm in a rush too, but I cant guarantee exact dates it will ship by... just a window....I assume I will be shipping Billet Colored trays by May 23rd but it could be as late as May 26th if the shipment does not come in per the tracking, or packaging is harder or whatever. I just want to make that clear, we have things to do for the trays before they go out....we are just getting the raw CNC'd parts, then we have to package them.

2- I just got word now the Anodized Tray parts are taking a few more days to complete... they now say they are shipping on the May 28th... which sucks but we are going to air freight them to us to save a few days...again I "assume" the window for us shipping those out will be APPROXIMATELY June 1-5

3- I will post the links for you to Purchase whatever Options you want, but YOU MUST REALIZE I cannot guarantee exact ship dates until we have the product in stock. My shipping windows are exactly that.. "windows" and based on getting those shipment per tracking the dates I state... but again if there is any mess up in the shipping to us that delays us. So you are accepting that you understand that if you PREPAY. I just don't want to get flamed for things we have no control over.

4- I will only ship the products as an entire Option package.... meaning if you ordered Option B and it has a Rs-30 and a Tray. I will ship them together only. I can't seperate the shipment and ship one before the other because we are doing FREE SHIPPING. It will cost to much to ship them separately. So be aware of that.

5- You do NOT have to PRE-ORDER... you can wait till we have all the products in stock. I actually don't like Pre-Orders or Back-Orders because then people tend to get mad even if I told htem in advance the product is a week or two out. So we will do however you want... just keep in mind I have informed you of the shipping windows and they will be very close and sometimes sooner but I can't guarantee on something that is coming in hot off the CNC machines.

If I missed anything or you have any questions let me know.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:30 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 625 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
HI All,

So here how the Group Buy Purchasing will work.

First off I want to thank you all.... WAY more than I ever even thought are interested... At this time it's roughly 70 Rennlisters are doing this, and I got a few new emails and PMs for more... so that pretty crazy.

But due to the number of people doing this it means that I have to do this in an organized manner so you guys are easily able to purchase and we don't screw up any orders or color selections or Options. So I sat with our website person and she put together a plan so we could pull this Group Buy off super clean and easy...gotta say she kicks-*** because I was looking at this as a mess if we were going to be doing 70+ invoices or different options where the office was taking phone orders and fingering each persons options, but she nailed it.

So the plan is this...

1- I am going to PM every person in my Inbox with 3 internet links this Friday or Saturday.... May 18th or 19th....
2- There will be 1 link for each different Group Buy Option. For example an "Option-1" link, or "Option-2" link or "Option-3" link. You just click on the one you want.
3- When you click on the link it takes you to our Website page with all those products for that specific Option you wanted....then you select the Color Tray you want... then click "Add to Cart" and you will be ready to Pay and be done. We take all forms of Payment.
4- Our website is secure, and when you check out you will receive emails showing your order invoice, the tracking for the order, and so on... (keep in mind if you pre-order you may not see tracking until the tray comes and and we ship)
5-I will only have the Group Buy and those links "Open" for about 2 weeks after I post them to your emails/PMs.
6- For foreign shipping... I'm sorry I can't offer you the free shipping as we can do for the USA based Customer. Due to the Hazmat Class 9 shipping and surcharges on Lithium it is pretty expensive. I will try to work something out with you guys. We do not mark up the shipping cost... it's just expensive.

DISCLAIMERS....
1- Please note the Billet Colored (raw aluminum) are SUPPOSED to Arrive per tracking Monday May 21st... so that means I can potentially ship on the 22nd or 23rd. Keep in mind I have to package and lable the new Trays to ship out from here. Yes I'm in a rush too, but I cant guarantee exact dates it will ship by... just a window....I assume I will be shipping Billet Colored trays by May 23rd but it could be as late as May 26th if the shipment does not come in per the tracking, or packaging is harder or whatever. I just want to make that clear, we have things to do for the trays before they go out....we are just getting the raw CNC'd parts, then we have to package them.

2- I just got word now the Anodized Tray parts are taking a few more days to complete... they now say they are shipping on the May 28th... which sucks but we are going to air freight them to us to save a few days...again I "assume" the window for us shipping those out will be APPROXIMATELY June 1-5

3- I will post the links for you to Purchase whatever Options you want, but YOU MUST REALIZE I cannot guarantee exact ship dates until we have the product in stock. My shipping windows are exactly that.. "windows" and based on getting those shipment per tracking the dates I state... but again if there is any mess up in the shipping to us that delays us. So you are accepting that you understand that if you PREPAY. I just don't want to get flamed for things we have no control over.

4- I will only ship the products as an entire Option package.... meaning if you ordered Option B and it has a Rs-30 and a Tray. I will ship them together only. I can't seperate the shipment and ship one before the other because we are doing FREE SHIPPING. It will cost to much to ship them separately. So be aware of that.

5- You do NOT have to PRE-ORDER... you can wait till we have all the products in stock. I actually don't like Pre-Orders or Back-Orders because then people tend to get mad even if I told htem in advance the product is a week or two out. So we will do however you want... just keep in mind I have informed you of the shipping windows and they will be very close and sometimes sooner but I can't guarantee on something that is coming in hot off the CNC machines.

If I missed anything or you have any questions let me know.
Thanks.

1) We can wait to order until parts are in stock (as late as June 5th per your post), yet the group buy order links will only be valid for 2 weeks starting Saturday. Would they remain open longer?

2) You mention the “billet color” parts could ship as early as the 23rd, but the “anodized” parts are delayed until as far as June 5th. Aren’t all the colored parts machined from billet aluminum, and then anodized to color blue / red / black? Just curious about the black parts.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:09 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Is it necessary to have your Dealer use his computer to alert your GT3 that you have an Lithium Battery
Old 05-17-2018, 10:23 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Good question.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:10 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

1) We can wait to order until parts are in stock (as late as June 5th per your post), yet the group buy order links will only be valid for 2 weeks starting Saturday. Would they remain open longer?

I thought about that as I was writing it... but I just mean "about" 2 weeks... but if you already PM'd me you are good. I just didn't want it open ended because I have some dealers who heard about our deal and are asking when it will be over... since they feel it competes with them. Additionally I do not want to keep this pricing open to be shared since it not a great margin for us and also my next container of RS-30 comes in in July so I could end up in back-order status for the RS-30 for a month if I blow out to many RS-30s. Not complaining just saying there are other buisness aspects to consider.

2) You mention the “billet color” parts could ship as early as the 23rd, but the “anodized” parts are delayed until as far as June 5th. Aren’t all the colored parts machined from billet aluminum, and then anodized to color blue / red / black? Just curious about the black parts.
Well what you said is sort of the reason why the Anodized colors take longer. All the pieces are machined out of Aluminum and they are the "raw" aluminum , what I am calling the "Billet Color" ... But the Anodizing to achieve a COLOR like the Red, Blue, or Black is a secondary process done to those raw pieces to achieve the Anodized colored pieces. So that means with the raw aluminum color they aren't processing them so they are done and can ship to us. But for the Colored parts they have to Anodize that raw Aluminum by sending it to another company to do the Anodizing. So those require a separate and additional process, done at another factory and that takes the extra time.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:25 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Is it necessary to have your Dealer use his computer to alert your GT3 that you have an Lithium Battery
Unfortunately I don't have a hard YES or NO answer. From my personal experience, and putting the battery in my 2016 RS I have NOT changed the PIWIS system to accomodate the RS-30 Lithium Battery, and have not had any warning, or faults show up at all. The charging range which I have tested in-depth on my personal vehicle has never been outside the norms that our Battery needs. I have intentionally NOT changed the PIWIS system to see if any flags or warnings came up. Nothing has... and as I said from my testing of the voltages and charging of the RS-30 from the GT3 RS, there has been no abnormalities and I feel our battery is safe with its current settings.

On the other hand I have talke to the Porsche Tech quite a bit where I bought the car from and as most know there is a setting in the PIWIS you can change for a Lithium Battery being installed in the vehicles. But when I press on what exactly it does within the system the techs themselves DID NOT know the answer and I have talked to 3 other from different Dealerships. Porsche does not give them the details. From my perspective I assume it changes the charging curve mildly to better accomodate the Porsche Lithium version. But the fact is I'm not seeing where a mild change eitherway will harm the RS-30 being it does have Over-Charge protections. So from my testing I'm not worried about our Battery, and having a nominal voltage of 13.2v for lithium compared to 12.6 for Lead acid it really won't be much different from the Cars perspective. 13.2 is also a voltage lead can sit at for a short period of time as it goes down to its resting voltage.

So I have no hard answer for that question, just my experience and common sense deduction that our battery will not be harmed by it and the Porsche shouldn't be remotely effected by even a volt difference either way, and the Porsche system isn't charging above 15v at any time so all is good as it sits.. without changing the PIWIS. If any body can find a Tech who Porsche has told exactly what the changes ARE in setting the PIWIS to lithium I would be glad to know that... but I don't think they will tell them.

Quick Reply: Light Weight Battery for .2 GT3???