Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOBULL GT3 - Track Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Driven991
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts

Very enjoyable thread, thank you for posting OP!
Old 04-05-2018, 11:28 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any chance of a side by side comparison of stock vs cup front lip?
Old 04-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

doba_s, this is what makes Rennlist a wealth of information - thank you for posting.
I've just purchased my '15 GT3 and drool over all the modifications you've done; definitely subscribed.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:29 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

These RB CCM rotors can save you a total of 52 lbs (estd.) "Unsprung" weight over stock iron rotors:

https://www.racingbrake.com/RB-CCM-U...por-crk-07.htm

Learn from a Mercedes GTS/R track driver about the difference in performance between iron and CCM brake.

Originally Posted by Angel 430
I actually just did the 1 day AMG Academy event at Laguna Seca on monday and was surprised to see that one of the GTS cars i drove had 9800 miles on it. The car drove and felt just like new.
Also i noticed the difference in the GTS with regular brakes and also in a GTS or a GTR with Ceramic brakes. Considerable noticeable difference on the track as the ceramics were more consistent and had a much stronger bite.
Other than the dramatic weight reduction, as a brake is running at elevated temperature, CCM exhibits a much better thermal stability, never crack or warp like conventional iron rotors, so over the time they cost less to own and run. CCM rotor + RB sintered brake pads combo is for any serious track driver who is looking for a bullet proof yet overall lower cost brake set up.

In depth review by David Donohue:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14330323

Long term review by a GT350 track driver JAJ converting his stock iron to RB CCM:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/thre...n.12573/page-2

Embrace the new brake technology - Learn more and fear less.

Carbon Ceramic Brake Demystified

CCM Technical Information
https://www.racingbrake.com/category-s/7387.htm

Last edited by RacingBrake; 04-12-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:25 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2-josh
Thanks for the quick response. As I mention my data is very old. I think the last car I bought with PCCBs was my CGT. I'm very dated..

Best Josh
Yes the "conventional" wisdom on outdated pccb (back to 997) leave most Porsche owners (spilled over to other communities) to believe that pccb is a novelty item (fragile and expensive) and no good on tracks. So switching to iron rotors and "shelf" those ccb rotors for future re-sale seems to be the consensus.

RB took the challenge and started CCB brake development about 3 years ago, including the research of rotor material (see above table) and the development of sintered (full metallic) brake pads dedicated for CCM rotors.

We are good on both iron metallurgy and CCM technology, however we believe CCM rotor has its merit that not iron can compare, and is the future for those who want the best value and performance; especially for track goers & racing professional we can prove to you that not only CCM brake can deliver a highly stable and consistent brake torque & modulation at any situation and temperature, but can last longer and cost less to run than traditional iron brake.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:29 AM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Great build, definitely following this thread. To everyone who questions why he’s doing this. He owns a car shop called Alekshop. If I owned a shop, I would tackle this same project.

Quick Reply: NOBULL GT3 - Track Car