Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOBULL GT3 - Track Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 12:16 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ruining a perfect car to become a hybrid of nothing. It'ss not gonna be a cup car nor a street car. Yeah, you will still be running with your folks on trackdays being the fastest- sorry having the fastest car. Pointless.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:31 AM
Wind911
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by doba_s
Spent some time on the interior:

After seeing mooty's radio delete on his mango i decided to get rid of my radio I don't listen music on the track anyways ... One of my favorite mods so far

Since the radio was gone, it was time to remove all the speakers, and the amp. At the same time door panels came off and the LWB seats. I really like the fit of my Pro Racer SPG seat so it was a good time to fit it in.

Without door panels, car looked kinda messy ... I hate messy/dirty cars.

Luckily PMNA has a perfect solution so new door panel were ordered. With some creativity and time, door panels got put on.

Aleks.
The cup door panel has recess for roll cage side bars, do you need to remove factory side impact beams in the door to make it fit?
Old 02-25-2018, 02:10 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

This is a great thread. I'm at this point with my track car of contemplating the same sort of thing... :-)

And Radio delete is sweet. Have on my 997RS had on my GT4. Need a place to put snacks (mooty) and gloves (track)
Old 02-25-2018, 03:20 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cormid
Aleks,

Can you share more info on:
Where door panals were ordered?
How much?
What modifications required to install?
Any extra door install pictures?

Thanks!

Thomas
I got them from PMNA. They are around $1600 per panel. You need door handles from a GT4 or RS. You can order all the hardware form PMNA as well but i found hardware in my toolbox. Also did red nylon straps myself.

Aleks.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:23 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wind911
The cup door panel has recess for roll cage side bars, do you need to remove factory side impact beams in the door to make it fit?
No
Old 02-25-2018, 03:26 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Sorry if my lotus ownership is creeping in here, but could we impose upon you to weigh the door panels you took off? I might be interesting for you (and certainly for us) to document the weight savings as you go.

Excellent work all around.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:37 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Sorry if my lotus ownership is creeping in here, but could we impose upon you to weigh the door panels you took off? I might be interesting for you (and certainly for us) to document the weight savings as you go.

Excellent work all around.
Door panels are 2.5lbs each. The plastic moisture barrier is 3lbs. The Cup door inserts are 3lbs and with a door handle and all the hardware about 5lbs each.

You would need to remove speakers too as the Cup insert won't fit. So you will save some extra weight as well.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:47 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

So I removed everything I could at this point and was pretty surprised to see how much weigh came out.

I started with 3298lbs with a full tank of gas (extended range). After taking some interior pieces, rear upper carpet/panels, battery (replaced with PMNA battery), passenger seat, and some other minor things the car came out to be 3077lbs.

I think I have about 50lbs more to remove but that basically will equal to the weigh of the harness bar.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:54 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

So far I am not making any crazy suspension upgrades. Jut got a set of 991 Cup LCA (lower control arm) so I can adjust caster and have ability to add shims without running out of the threads on the studs. Monoball bearings in a plus too.

I didn't want to start modding stock arms so cup arms were a perfect solution.

You can see how the inter ends on Cup arms have longer studs.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:05 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Thank you.

Are you going to remove more airbags (door panel and seats are gone, right) or leave the front two? Front carpets stay?

What options does your car have? (FAL, PLDS?)
Old 02-25-2018, 04:18 PM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is excellent
Old 02-25-2018, 06:32 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Thank you.

Are you going to remove more airbags (door panel and seats are gone, right) or leave the front two? Front carpets stay?

What options does your car have? (FAL, PLDS?)
I removed most of them except for the steering wheel and the ones in the A pillars.

Car is pretty basic:

full leather
lwb seats
black xenon lights
extended range gas tank
sound plus
Old 02-25-2018, 08:21 PM
RDM2418
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts

This is an awesome thread. I'd never do this ,but I think it's a cool experiment. I'd think with 2RS's you'd just go the cup route, which is why I asked. I didn't see you answered above (sorry). I just found a cup car I'm getting. I'm sort of in the same boat as you are and went that route.

Are you going to put a full cage in?
Old 02-25-2018, 11:22 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDM2418
This is an awesome thread. I'd never do this ,but I think it's a cool experiment. I'd think with 2RS's you'd just go the cup route, which is why I asked. I didn't see you answered above (sorry). I just found a cup car I'm getting. I'm sort of in the same boat as you are and went that route.

Are you going to put a full cage in?
No just a rear bar. Again, it’s not a race car and I am not trying to make it one, so a rear harness bar is all I need. Main objective is to make it lighter and keep it clean.

I can pull a lot a lot more weight by removing glovebox, trim, climate control, heater blower, etc but then it would look pretty hacked up.

Maybe be one day I’ll get a cup car but for now it makes no sense. Plus I have 3 little kids so can’t commit to any type of racing
Old 02-26-2018, 08:06 AM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 64 Posts

Refreshing tread!
Thanks for sharing all this

Quick Reply: NOBULL GT3 - Track Car