991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DEALER WANTS 20K OVER MSRP FOR GT3 ALLOCATION

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018 | 01:35 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Indeed I am just frustrated with the whole system. In the end it is what it is, a business and every man is looking out for themselves so I get that. Hard to wrap my head around a product like Porsche where the certainly have the capacity to meet demand yet don't make enough cars for people who are new to the Porsche experience. Surely I could buy a base 911 and configure to my liking but the soul and heritage of Porsche is in its GT cars and thats what I am after. I have never owned a new Porsche but as my name suggests I have owned air cooled cars which I love. I may go back to the dealer and see if we might be able to meet in the middle on the ADM as this seems the only way I will ever be able to spec a car that I truly want.
Old 02-01-2018 | 02:01 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

I'm just curious why a dealer would give up one of their hottest cars/allocations to another dealer? I have a feeling it's actually your local dealer allocation and they are making up this story to justify the ADM.
Old 02-01-2018 | 03:20 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
I'm just curious why a dealer would give up one of their hottest cars/allocations to another dealer? I have a feeling it's actually your local dealer allocation and they are making up this story to justify the ADM.
I have seen larger dealers buying cars with a slight ADMs from smaller Dealers. But it does baffle me
Old 02-01-2018 | 09:58 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by GT3
Some ADMs are insane. Jack Daniels Porsche in NJ has a GT Silver listed at $210K, although its really a $173K car. That's $37k ADM...
Trust me, the dealerships are laughing harder than you.
Old 02-01-2018 | 10:09 AM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

exclusivity
Old 02-01-2018 | 10:22 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Are you suspecting Dealers of playing games to remove cash from buyers hands?!
Keep in mind that Porsche pricing already builds in a healthy standard profit so the dealer can flourish, ADM is just all gravy....
Old 02-01-2018 | 10:53 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Are you suspecting Dealers of playing games to remove cash from buyers hands?!
Keep in mind that Porsche pricing already builds in a healthy standard profit so the dealer can flourish, ADM is just all gravy....
Actually GT cars carry a slightly lower % profit margin than regular models, base to base. Option % profit is not affected AFAIK.
Old 02-01-2018 | 12:20 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

20k not bad in current market if you can get PTS.
Old 02-01-2018 | 12:51 PM
greens
Racer

Counter with $5-10k and see what happens. No harm in asking.
Old 02-01-2018 | 01:56 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have paid 15k over to sell a car to a customer of my dealership at 20k. If you have to have the car, you have to have the car. In the end the irony is that porsche watches where the GT cars get registered and I would rather have them all in my backyard even if they come from other stores. I want them back as CPO's one day.

And the size of the store determines the allocation. Straight up- whoever sells the most 911's gets the most GT cars.
Old 02-01-2018 | 10:41 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I have paid 15k over to sell a car to a customer of my dealership at 20k. If you have to have the car, you have to have the car. In the end the irony is that porsche watches where the GT cars get registered and I would rather have them all in my backyard even if they come from other stores. I want them back as CPO's one day.

And the size of the store determines the allocation. Straight up- whoever sells the most 911's gets the most GT cars.
Is that why AG was hoarding 991.1 GT3 RSes?
Old 02-01-2018 | 11:25 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Just in case some of you have only been in the 991 game, dealers have been doing this for decades, Porsche dealers. I don’t remember a ADM ON THE 996 GT3 I bought a loaded one that was 4 weeks old from a mortgage broker in 2003 for 15,000 under MSRP because he was making so much money he wanted a Ferrari ( he had a Eastern European wife who just had a boob job, and a new house in Huntington Beach). But with the 997.1 there was a 1000,-2000 markup. But when the RS came out it skyrocketed to $30k and higher. I remember Manhattan Porsche asking $100,000 over for a black with orange trim. Then the 997.2s came out I was out of the game. Then the 997.2 RS came out is was game on again. So this is nothing new. It’s business as normal for some of theses guys and they love making us jump through hoops while they pile up the $$$. That’s why CJ’s Porsche Fresno is so refreshing but there are more of us than dealerships like Fresno Porsche. In fact typically they are more like my local dealer where they “thought” it’s a good idea to call the Auto Gallery in Los Angeles to get a “ fair “ market price for a GT3 in Idaho
Old 02-02-2018 | 10:53 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Update! After some thought I decided to counter my dealer with an offer of 10k above MSRP and he accepted. This happened yesterday. I have been following numerous other threads and noticed that a stop order had been placed on all PTS and CXX requests for the foreseeable future. I asked my SA about this and he assured me it was not an issue, as the premise of my build was to have both PTS and numerous CXX options. To verify this I had him submit my order in the system and to generate a customer order number that I then forwarded to my contact over at Porsche Exclusive who I have been leasing with for sometime in preparation for my build. He flat out told me there is no way that PTS will be approved and that if I wanted CXX options I would need my dealer to push back the build to at least August.

My question here is, is my SA just stringing me along because he knows the allocation will not be able to get PTS and CXX and he is just saying so to have me get my deposit in? I am starting to wonder if in light of recent news they started shopping allocations from other dealers who's customers did not want an allocation that wasn't able to have either or both? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-03-2018 | 12:12 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by airkuhl993
Update! After some thought I decided to counter my dealer with an offer of 10k above MSRP and he accepted. This happened yesterday. I have been following numerous other threads and noticed that a stop order had been placed on all PTS and CXX requests for the foreseeable future. I asked my SA about this and he assured me it was not an issue, as the premise of my build was to have both PTS and numerous CXX options. To verify this I had him submit my order in the system and to generate a customer order number that I then forwarded to my contact over at Porsche Exclusive who I have been leasing with for sometime in preparation for my build. He flat out told me there is no way that PTS will be approved and that if I wanted CXX options I would need my dealer to push back the build to at least August.

My question here is, is my SA just stringing me along because he knows the allocation will not be able to get PTS and CXX and he is just saying so to have me get my deposit in? I am starting to wonder if in light of recent news they started shopping allocations from other dealers who's customers did not want an allocation that wasn't able to have either or both? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Unless the build already had PTS submitted and approved prior to the late January stop sale, I don’t believe PTS can be added anymore. Sounds like he’s operating and pre stop sale info where anyone could add PTS to the build for a while.
Old 02-03-2018 | 02:39 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Congratulations, this is great news for you!

I imagine if the order was established and not locked then you could change things. I would proceed down this path always smiling and I will bet wonderful things happen for you. Now i the time to consider a factory tour too

BTW, I'm searching, ready to buy, let me know if he has anymore!

Originally Posted by airkuhl993

Quick Reply: DEALER WANTS 20K OVER MSRP FOR GT3 ALLOCATION