Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DEALER WANTS 20K OVER MSRP FOR GT3 ALLOCATION

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 09:03 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

to the OP - it's just the nature of the beast...$20K is not outrageous considering I've heard 30-40K ADM figures first-hand, or finance/lease games + ADM

I'm actually excited for the 992 GT3 if it is still called that, maybe it will be a hell of a lot easier to purchase since the NA diehards won't seem to touch it lol

Oh and I just paid the CA sales tax + reg fee for my GT3 and the ADM was added on top of MSRP (that hurt - this better be a hell of a car lol). My dealer won't do it any other way or try to finesse around it (which is fair - they don't want any trouble)
Old 01-31-2018, 09:20 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
to the OP - it's just the nature of the beast...$20K is not outrageous considering I've heard 30-40K ADM figures first-hand, or finance/lease games + ADM

I'm actually excited for the 992 GT3 if it is still called that, maybe it will be a hell of a lot easier to purchase since the NA diehards won't seem to touch it lol

Oh and I just paid the CA sales tax + reg fee for my GT3 and the ADM was added on top of MSRP (that hurt - this better be a hell of a car lol). My dealer won't do it any other way or try to finesse around it (which is fair - they don't want any trouble)
Did your sales tax include gas guzzler tax? Seems weird you get taxed on a tax.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:20 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

Some ADMs are insane. Jack Daniels Porsche in NJ has a GT Silver listed at $210K, although its really a $173K car. That's $37k ADM...

https://www.dealer-site.com/admin/bu...AC2A9XJS174328

https://jack-daniels.porschedealer.com/inventory/used/Porsche+911+GT3+Upper+Saddle+River+New+Jersey+2018+Silver+1640939
Old 01-31-2018, 09:30 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Jack Daniel's are A holes. Not because of the ADM but rather the deception they practice
Old 01-31-2018, 09:33 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Did your sales tax include gas guzzler tax? Seems weird you get taxed on a tax.
Yep it did....with this car I feel like I was violated.... MSRP $163K after options, +$2K in destination/GGT, +ADM, +sales tax, +reg fee....the total is eye-watering. This will be the most expensive car I've ever owned by a mile, but I am thrilled and now just can't wait to take delivery.

While talking to my brokers executing the wire on the phone I was reading this for some reassurance:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Ok Mark - cheers lol
Old 01-31-2018, 10:15 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Yep it did....with this car I feel like I was violated.... MSRP $163K after options, +$2K in destination/GGT, +ADM, +sales tax, +reg fee....the total is eye-watering. This will be the most expensive car I've ever owned by a mile, but I am thrilled and now just can't wait to take delivery.

While talking to my brokers executing the wire on the phone I was reading this for some reassurance:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Ok Mark - cheers lol
Amen Sam! I'm excited for you! What's done is done now just get it and enjoy the hell out of it!
Old 01-31-2018, 10:22 PM
jchou38
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Jack Daniel's are A holes. Not because of the ADM but rather the deception they practice

HAHA AGREED! I called them and they were like are you serious about MSRP, I was like then don't post that **** on cars.com...misleading...then I hung up they called me back a day later saying lets work out a deal...They originally wanted $35k they said they will come down to $25k, no thanks D bag..
Old 01-31-2018, 10:49 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by Icutyou
Amen Sam! I'm excited for you! What's done is done now just get it and enjoy the hell out of it!
Absolutely!!!
Old 01-31-2018, 10:50 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,180 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by airkuhl993
I have been on a waitlist at my local dealer for about 6 months now for a GT3 allocation. He was adamant when I put my money down that they were a MSRP only dealer and that if there was an allocation that came through I would get my place. Well 6 months has passed and he called me today to ask if I would take an allocation from another dealer that he could get with the caveat being it was going to be 20k over MSRP. For me its a deal breaker but just wanted to post to let everyone know what the dealers are up too these days. He said he does not "anticipate" any more allocations coming his way from Porsche directly. I still don't understand how a car with so much demand is virtually unobtainable if you are not in the know. Why do they go through the exercises of releasing the car to the world and then limiting who can buy it? Am I missing something in this equation from a business standpoint?
If Porsche, PCNA do a thorough check on each order, then ordinary customers will have a better chance at getting a car. I believe pretty much 60-70% of the cars in the system are 'dealer cars'.

Porsche do make enough cars, but the problem is the dealers. They hog all the allocations and fill them with bogus customer names to make them look like legit 'sold' orders, when in fact they are their own 'stock' cars that they planned on flipping or charging ADM and sell to whoever is willing to pay them the most.

They say they all keep a 'list'. But that list is not public knowledge and the order changes every day if not every hour. Very very few dealers are actually honest and will sell cars at MSRP AND actually enter them properly as a customer 'sold' car, i.e. it is actually YOUR car in the system with all your selected options.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:52 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I paid MSRP. My build sheet has my name/address listed. Not sure where you are getting your % numbers from.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:00 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,028 Likes on 4,872 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
If Porsche, PCNA do a thorough check on each order, then ordinary customers will have a better chance at getting a car. I believe pretty much 60-70% of the cars in the system are 'dealer cars'.

Porsche do make enough cars, but the problem is the dealers. They hog all the allocations and fill them with bogus customer names to make them look like legit 'sold' orders, when in fact they are their own 'stock' cars that they planned on flipping or charging ADM and sell to whoever is willing to pay them the most.

They say they all keep a 'list'. But that list is not public knowledge and the order changes every day if not every hour. Very very few dealers are actually honest and will sell cars at MSRP AND actually enter them properly as a customer 'sold' car, i.e. it is actually YOUR car in the system with all your selected options.
PCNA cannot require dealers to spec cars only for customers. Illegal.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:03 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
Some ADMs are insane. Jack Daniels Porsche in NJ has a GT Silver listed at $210K, although its really a $173K car. That's $37k ADM...

https://www.dealer-site.com/admin/bu...AC2A9XJS174328

https://jack-daniels.porschedealer.com/inventory/used/Porsche+911+GT3+Upper+Saddle+River+New+Jersey+2018+Silver+1640939
Jack Daniel's SAs are dic*less POS.

They looked down on me because I pulled in my accord. Bad customer service.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:07 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,835 Likes on 2,187 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
PCNA cannot require dealers to spec cars only for customers. Illegal.
But PCNA controls which dealers get how many GT car allocations.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:10 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,028 Likes on 4,872 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
But PCNA controls which dealers get how many GT car allocations.
Based on sales (primarily 911s). Not who or which customer is buying cars.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by SKY57
OP is just upset with all the GT games, same as everyone here.
For this extra $20K, it would be easier to accept if Porsche simply raise the MSRP by $20K, and make sure everyone can get one.
Straight forward deal, no begging, no flippers, no BS.

Someone who accept dealer charge would say this... 'ask yourself if 991.2 MSRP is $10-$20k higher, will you still buy it?' -- make sense
Some will just not pay any up-charge because it is just not right for a repeating good customer. -- make sense too.
If Porsche raised the price by $20K; then there would still be an ADM over that new MSRP. Raising the price won't solve anything. FWIW, Porsche ALREADY raised the price over the 2016 991.1 GT3.

Quick Reply: DEALER WANTS 20K OVER MSRP FOR GT3 ALLOCATION