Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3.2 height?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is garage door clearance. I had to move my tracks, and they can get it really close to the ceiling, but you sill need room, at least 6 inches, maybe up to 12 - I’d have to go measure. Let me know if you would find that useful.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:05 AM
DutchGT3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpacione
One thing to keep in mind is garage door clearance. I had to move my tracks, and they can get it really close to the ceiling, but you sill need room, at least 6 inches, maybe up to 12 - I’d have to go measure. Let me know if you would find that useful.
Oh so true and a very important point for others to keep in mind. In my situation the garage door when fully opened will never fit between the roof of the car on the lift and the ceiling. The only way this will work for me is if I drive the GT3 on the lift backwards and thereby making the rear bumper face the rear of the garage and the garage door when opened sliding just above the hood/frunk of the car.

With my current setup I've already determined that even that won't work. When fully opened to garage door will not fit over the frunk and it would slide far enough into the garage to hit the windshield. I will need to raise the garage door rails by about 4 inches (have enough room for that) and adjust the garage door opener to not make the garage door slide that far into the garage. I'm determined to make it fit one way or the other, but it will all be very tight and definitely will require some adjustments.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed - while the Spyder fit up there forwards, I think the GT3 would need to be backwards.

The guy who installed the lift said he’s seen doors that just roll in a cyclinder at the top vs rails into the garage.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:42 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 603 Posts

Great thread and timely. I'm still confused a little. I have 116" floor to ceiling height and I need to stack tow 911s (GT3 RS and Turbo). Looks like it should work, right?
Old 04-11-2018, 01:34 AM
DutchGT3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Great thread and timely. I'm still confused a little. I have 116" floor to ceiling height and I need to stack tow 911s (GT3 RS and Turbo). Looks like it should work, right?
Yes you will be fine on the ceiling height. I’m trying to fit cars with heights of 57” and 50” under the same 116” ceiling and that might just about fit. You have two 50” cars so have an extra 7” to play with. It will fit.

The one extra thing you need to check is whether the garage door when fully opened doesn’t conflict with the upper car on the lift. That all depends on how deep your garage is and how close to the ceiling the garage door tracks run. You are very likely to be okay on that front too.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:13 PM
DutchGT3
Intermediate

I just got confirmation from BendPak as to why there is a min and a max in their clearance heights tables. The ladders of the lift are actually slightly adjustable. The 4" gap between resting points is fixed, but you can adjust the position of the ladders and consequently all the resting points by a little under two inches.

This specifically is meant for those folks that just need that extra inch or two to fit the car below the runways or between the runway and the ceiling. Great feature.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Okay - so next lock position up:

As expected it added exactly 4" (blue tape is the first position I used):

Name:  photo489.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  1.27 MB

Which brings the bottom of the ramp to 56" above the floor:

Name:  photo710.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  1.41 MB

And leaves just over 50" inch to the top of the ceiling from the top of the ramp (111" ceiling):

Name:  photo882.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  1.55 MB

Quick Reply: GT3.2 height?