Sponsored by:

GT3.2 height?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 09:26 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
Ah - perfect! Looks like it will definitely fit.

Was thinking if in a pinch I could leave a notch out between 2 rafters and the 2 ribs on top of the Spyder would fit in there a little.

What setting do you have that on - 54"?
my lift is from gregsmith equipment bottom edge of the ramp is 56” from the floor in locked position
Old 03-25-2018, 12:11 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,180 Likes on 774 Posts

Good info here for somebody who is trying to verify his own situation. Darn low ceilings.

Below link might be useful.

http://www.bendpak.com/HD-9%20Series...%20Heights.pdf

Update from the OP would be great!
Old 03-25-2018, 02:50 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Good info here for somebody who is trying to verify his own situation. Darn low ceilings.

Below link might be useful.

http://www.bendpak.com/HD-9%20Series...%20Heights.pdf

Update from the OP would be great!
Will hopefully be able to give an update in a couple of weeks. The garage door rails have been raised, and I've ordered the BendPak.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:13 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Will hopefully be able to give an update in a couple of weeks. The garage door rails have been raised, and I've ordered the BendPak.
Good luck!

Did you check your concrete pad depth?

Some don't and some do. I'm trying to figure out a trade that can come in with a depth gauge to check the whole pad in case I add two lifts.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:41 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Good news - they fit! Just!!

Will try some different configurations (mustang on top would be the preference), but for now they are all safely tucked away.

Thanks for all the help and info guys - very happy.

now just need to finish up the garage.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:59 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Awesome that it worked out!

Did you figure out how many inches of room you have left between car and ceiling?

What lock position is the ramp in those pics?
Old 04-06-2018, 08:43 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Okay - so here's the scoop - with some pictures I hope help explain.

My ceiling height (yes unfinished right now - I know!) is 111 inches.

The bottom of the ramp is at 52 inches from the floor:

The ramp is 4.5 inches:

The gap between the top of the car under the ramp and the bottom of the ramp is ~`1.5 - 2 inches:

The gap between the top of the car on top of the ramp and the ceiling is 5.5 inches:

Old 04-06-2018, 09:32 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Okay - so here's the scoop - with some pictures I hope help explain.

My ceiling height (yes unfinished right now - I know!) is 111 inches.

The bottom of the ramp is at 52 inches from the floor:

The ramp is 4.5 inches:

The gap between the top of the car under the ramp and the bottom of the ramp is ~`1.5 - 2 inches:

The gap between the top of the car on top of the ramp and the ceiling is 5.5 inches:

Super helpful!

If you were to raise the ramp to the next highest lock point what would the height be from floor to bottom of the ramp? My C4S is 52" ish high. With that info I can add the rest and get more confident in fit.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:56 PM
DutchGT3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dalema, thanks for providing these detailed measurements. I’m looking into something similar with a 116” ceiling, but a taller car. This really helps.

SToronto, the locking positions are exactly 4” apart, so simply add 4” to Dalema’s measurements for the next locking position.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:58 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DutchGT3
Dalema, thanks for providing these detailed measurements. I’m looking into something similar with a 116” ceiling, but a taller car. This really helps.

SToronto, the locking positions are exactly 4” apart, so simply add 4” to Dalema’s measurements for the next locking position.

Cool so I will have 5.5" above top car assuming all my measurements are accurate. Super tight fit though.

What's your situation?
Old 04-08-2018, 12:45 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Yep - don’t forget it needs to go up a couple of inches to raise it on and off the locks. Mine is super tight!
Old 04-08-2018, 04:57 AM
DutchGT3
Intermediate

Cool so I will have 5.5" above top car assuming all my measurements are accurate. Super tight fit though.

What's your situation?
I have a GT3 on the way that I want to put at the top of the lift. The car at the bottom is 57" tall, so based on BendPak's clearance height's table I need to put the lift in position 3. This leaves 58.1" - 59.8" underneath the runways/ramp. Add 4.5" for the ramps themselves and 50" for the GT3 and you get a total height of 112.6" - 114.3". With a ceiling height of 116" this is going to be extremely tight since you also need to raise the lift up to 2 inches before releasing the air locks that put it in its resting position.

I don't fully understand the min - max values that BendPak provides for each locking position. Dalema describes his resting position as 52". This is resting position 5 and the listed min max values for that position are 50.1 - 51.9 which in Dalema's case means he's close to the max. In my case the max means that I have 1.7" of clearance before lowering it in its resting position which might not be enough. I have an inquiry outstanding with BendPak to explain the min max values in their tables, but haven't gotten a very clear answer yet.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:27 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

I have a GT3 on the way that I want to put at the top of the lift. The car at the bottom is 57" tall, so based on BendPak's clearance height's table I need to put the lift in position 3. This leaves 58.1" - 59.8" underneath the runways/ramp. Add 4.5" for the ramps themselves and 50" for the GT3 and you get a total height of 112.6" - 114.3". With a ceiling height of 116" this is going to be extremely tight since you also need to raise the lift up to 2 inches before releasing the air locks that put it in its resting position.

I don't fully understand the min - max values that BendPak provides for each locking position. Dalema describes his resting position as 52". This is resting position 5 and the listed min max values for that position are 50.1 - 51.9 which in Dalema's case means he's close to the max. In my case the max means that I have 1.7" of clearance before lowering it in its resting position which might not be enough. I have an inquiry outstanding with BendPak to explain the min max values in their tables, but haven't gotten a very clear answer yet.
That sounds very tight. Exposed truss? If so, maybe you have enough space between trusses to fit the cars roof peak?

Same boat, I don't know what those mean either. I would assume once on locks it's set at a fixed height. I was planning to ask when I call the Canadian distributor to inquire about installers. Let us know when you hear back.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

yeah - that sounds really tight! You’re thinking about it the right way though. It will all come down to how close of a locking position you can get the car on the bottom - but yours is even tighter than mine I think.

it is really unclear as I think the locking positions are not the bottom of the ramp, but somewhere in between. If you do just add 4 inches I’m not sure you’d get a 57 inch car under it. I’ll take the cars off though and move it up to the next locking position and tell you what the clearance is underneath and on top - will be a couple of days though. I’ll do the next 2lockimg positions.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:30 PM
DutchGT3
Intermediate

That sounds very tight. Exposed truss? If so, maybe you have enough space between trusses to fit the cars roof peak?
Unfortunately not.

I’ll take the cars off though and move it up to the next locking position and tell you what the clearance is underneath and on top - will be a couple of days though. I’ll do the next 2lockimg positions.
That will be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: GT3.2 height?