Sponsored by:

PTS / CXX Stop Sale Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 05:29 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
When you asked PCNA to re-open your V180 allocation, you started from scratch again. Here's how the codes work:

V110 means your dealer has submitted an order into PVMS and your order has "Text Handling" which needs to be reviewed and approved. On most configurations with normal color offerings, boxes are simply checked; the computer system can approve orders with normal colors and checked boxes. The computer system cannot handle "text handling." Text handling means a written message has been entered into the system and someone needs to review that message and make sure it's feasible and makes sense. When your dealer writes in a specific PTS color, that's "text handling." Anytime a note is written within the order, that is considered "text handling." If your order is in V110 status, it simply means you've requested something special and the software wants clarification and approval from the regional importer.

V180 is the next step. V180 means your regional importer (PCNA, etc.) has reviewed your written request (the "text" that needs to be "handled" within the order), and they have approved the special request. In V180, the dealer is no longer able to make changes to the order, unless you request PCNA to re-open the allocation. By doing so, you start from scratch and other orders can jump in your cue. In PTS orders, a V180 status generally means your regional importer has: 1) verified the color you requested is approved for that model; 2) verified the paint code entered matches the color imputed (Olive Green/274 - both match); 3) verified that PTS is available for the allocation month of your order (a request for PTS on a March allocation Turbo S will be denied, however a September allocation GT3 will be approved); 4) the rest of the configuration is feasible and the factory can permanently lock the order in V215 status for the remainder of the time until the normal freeze date passes and the allocation moves to V250.

V215 is the next step. V215 means the factory has now reviewed and approved your order, as well. Your order is now locked in V215 status, and the factory begins to order materials and coordinate paint/production schedules. Trying to change an allocation in V215 status is exceptionally difficult and usually not accepted. If materials have already been ordered for your allocation, it will absolutely not be permitted.

Once your order goes to V215, you are normally in the clear.

V250 means your allocation is readied for actual production. Materials from around the world have been ordered, produced and confirmed. Everything is ready for your car to be assembled.

However, NOTHING is set in stone, ever. The production of your car requires the synchronizing and assembly of thousands of parts, both within the factory and at world-wide suppliers. For example, the magnesium roof on the GT3RS is cut by POSCO in Korea, then travels to Canada for forming, then to the US for coating and eventually ends up on a robotic trolly on the factory floor at precisely the right time. That single piece of magnesium travels to 4 countries and 3 continents. There are an infinite number of suppliers involved and the transportation of those materials from suppliers to the factory is a highly complicated process. To bring all those pieces together at exactly the perfect moment (Just in Time) when your vehicle is at a very particular place on the assembly line is a truly stunning process.

Hopefully this helps clarify a subject enshrouded in confusion and mystery.
Awesome info. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2018, 06:56 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts

When you asked PCNA to re-open your V180 allocation, you started from scratch again. Here's how the codes work:

V110 means your dealer has submitted an order into PVMS and your order has "Text Handling" which needs to be reviewed and approved. On most configurations with normal color offerings, boxes are simply checked; the computer system can approve orders with normal colors and checked boxes. The computer system cannot handle "text handling." Text handling means a written message has been entered into the system and someone needs to review that message and make sure it's feasible and makes sense. When your dealer writes in a specific PTS color, that's "text handling." Anytime a note is written within the order, that is considered "text handling." If your order is in V110 status, it simply means you've requested something special and the software wants clarification and approval from the regional importer.

V180 is the next step. V180 means your regional importer (PCNA, etc.) has reviewed your written request (the "text" that needs to be "handled" within the order), and they have approved the special request. In V180, the dealer is no longer able to make changes to the order, unless you request PCNA to re-open the allocation. By doing so, you start from scratch and other orders can jump in your cue. In PTS orders, a V180 status generally means your regional importer has: 1) verified the color you requested is approved for that model; 2) verified the paint code entered matches the color imputed (Olive Green/274 - both match); 3) verified that PTS is available for the allocation month of your order (a request for PTS on a March allocation Turbo S will be denied, however a September allocation GT3 will be approved); 4) the rest of the configuration is feasible and the factory can permanently lock the order in V215 status for the remainder of the time until the normal freeze date passes and the allocation moves to V250.

V215 is the next step. V215 means the factory has now reviewed and approved your order, as well. Your order is now locked in V215 status, and the factory begins to order materials and coordinate paint/production schedules. Trying to change an allocation in V215 status is exceptionally difficult and usually not accepted. If materials have already been ordered for your allocation, it will absolutely not be permitted.

V250 means your allocation is readied for actual production. Materials from around the world have been ordered, produced and confirmed. Everything is ready for your car to be assembled.

However, NOTHING is set in stone, ever. The production of your car requires the synchronizing and assembly of thousands of parts, both within the factory and at world-wide suppliers. For example, the magnesium roof on the GT3RS is cut by POSCO in Korea, then travels to Canada for forming, then to the US for coating and eventually ends up on a robotic trolly on the factory floor at precisely the right time. That single piece of magnesium travels to 4 countries and 3 continents. There are an infinite number of suppliers involved and the transportation of those materials from suppliers to the factory is a highly complicated process. To bring all those pieces together at exactly the perfect moment (Just in Time) when your vehicle is at a very particular place on the assembly line is a truly stunning process.

Great post and thanks for sharing this along with other inside info you have access to.

Just want to add my experience with PTS.
At V215 with PTS (which occurred quicker than expected and BTW prior to other outstanding requests) color along with paint quantity locked. Cannot change color or paint any other parts.
Changes can still be made but order cannot be changed/adjusted by the dealership; needed to be unlocked by PCNA
Old 01-21-2018, 11:00 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I’ve had the same PTS color in my order since November, which was still V110 then. Then the first week of December it went to V180+, but got factory to allowed to make some changes to include to 2 CXX options, which turned it back to V110. PAG approved the CXX options and provided UDB ID code. As of this past Friday (2 days ago) was told everything is all good, still April production,, just waiting to get to V180. Then read this here and thought “F*****ck”

Now I’m here wondering if orders like mine will be honored or rejected next week...
At V215 paint is ordered and no turning back, at V110 who knows. Hopefully PAG will formally approve it, as it is the right thing to do, especially in your case since you have had an order since Nov. Keep us updated, and fingers crossed for you.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:30 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
At V215 paint is ordered and no turning back, at V110 who knows. Hopefully PAG will formally approve it, as it is the right thing to do, especially in your case since you have had an order since Nov. Keep us updated, and fingers crossed for you.
Hard to explain how some orders move from V215 back to V200 once they've supposedly ordered the paint...
Old 01-22-2018, 09:58 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

also got the word from Porsche manufaktur: pts/cxx stop sale on all 911/982 MY18, will be lifted on GT allocations in August onward.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
also got the word from Porsche manufaktur: pts/cxx stop sale on all 911/982 MY18, will be lifted on GT allocations in August onward.
Which MEANS once for all that they will keep producing GT cars after August 18

@Martin, you can prepare your garage room for your new baby
Old 01-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
I don't think that was ever in doubt (for the NA market that is), dealer allocations have been confirmed through and including Dec 2018 so production will surely continue for our market to year end. Would be interesting to see EU production past Aug (if any) though with all these new regs kicking in there (and of course is NA is getting any after Dec 2018 which as of now seems unlikely).

So in summary (and pls correct if wrong), seems the folks affected by the stop sale are:
  • allocation months May / June / July / August (I am reading "after August PTS stop sale is lifted" to include Aug itself as a freeze month)
  • Perhaps earlier months (Mar/Apr), should you not be in V200 status or better (to be seen as I certainly hope PAG honors those requests submitted earlier in the cycle)
Old 01-22-2018, 02:21 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz

@Martin, you can prepare your garage room for your new baby
Build baby build! haha My car should be at the dealer in the next few weeks so I'm starting to get excited. I'm hoping that I can get an RS allocation, my GT3 needs to be traded in for the RS as I'm running out of garage space and wallet funds.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:21 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. My order dropped from V180 to V110 without me requesting it, a cause of angst then. I was reassured by PCNA that they did that intentionally to allow changes if needed and prevent a sudden lock, whether that is true or not I do not know. I just heard back from my SA regarding the inquiry he made to PCNA about the same question I asked. They said:

""Everything is OK. There is a stop order on 2018MY. GT cars as of Aug will be able to get PTS/CXX again. This one was already accepted for PTS and the CXX ID is complete, so it is not affected by the stop order.

No worries. I'm am getting it manually pushed back to PAG along with some of my other recent customers/builds.""
Old 01-22-2018, 10:37 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Previously, there was a PTS order-stop on all Zuffenhausen cars until April (or after) allocations. Now there is a PTS order-stop on all Zuffenhausen cars regardless of the allocation month.

There is, however, this one exception: GT cars are permitted to have PTS on August (or later) allocations. Only GT cars. Normal 911/718's are under PTS order-stop.

If you have a PTS allocation in V215 or V250 status, you have nothing to be concerned with.
The price for CXX options will not show on the build sheet. However, once your CXX request has been approved by Exclusive Manufaktur, the price will be added to a back screen in PVMS by one of the Exclusive Manufaktur consultants. When the MSRP is finally printed at the port, the specific CXX option and its price will appear. PVMS is the ordering system that Porsche and your dealer uses to order cars and track the process; you do not have access to it, but your dealer does.

Your sales associate will have access to this: Enter commission number into PVMS. Click "Details." Click "Configuration." Scroll down. Viola.

If there is a specific price for your CXX request entered into this "back screen" then you know your request has been accepted.

Thanks for all of the 411, CW.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:54 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
i got that too.
but i dont really understand what it means....

so if you have sept allocation you get pts ?
or
Old 01-22-2018, 11:02 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

those of us with Sept allocations are certainly curious (me). I guess time will tell
Old 01-22-2018, 11:18 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i got that too.
but i dont really understand what it means....

so if you have sept allocation you get pts ?
or
Yes, if you have a September GT3 allocation you can order PTS. Anybody with a August or later allocation that wants pts/cxx should put it on their order sooner rather than later.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

^ then what months are NOT allowed PTS/CXX?
Old 01-22-2018, 11:50 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ then what months are NOT allowed PTS/CXX?
Now through July allocations that had not selected PTS/CXX before the stop order. Looks like factory simply reached PTS/CXX capacity for now, until August.

Quick Reply: PTS / CXX Stop Sale Order