Sponsored by:

The Black Stallion has landed

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 09:46 PM
MMH78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jimmy,
What kind of foot rest and pedals do you have? Are they aluminum?
Old 11-20-2017, 09:47 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Keep in mind I have a .2 Manual and recently had a GT4 so my perspective is all manual based although also owned the .1

Been driving her more. Caught a 55 degree day in Chicago so blew off the afternoon to spend some more time feeling her out. The lighter clutch I am getting used to. It is weird. The lighter clutch works with this engine and the rev matching. The rev matching is very different than in the GT4. It holds revs big time at change and rewards perfect shifts but if your not good it lets you know it. You have to nail it when you are letting out the clutch with the right amount of gas at engagement or for a split second weird feeling. Meaning - it wants you to be really good or expects you to. You could be sloppy with the Gt4 and it does not matter where the GT3 demands more respect

It is also nice how you can put around in 3rd gear at low MPHs. The extra torque down lower has some great advantages. But this car does not want to be driven slow. For me- not as good in traffic and really not as easy to drive as the GT4 just putting around. It begs you to get on her. The GT4 is a better/great daily driver. It is completely idiot proof and you know the car is quick but it does not matter. This car has very different mannerisms. Very communicative but also a little sensitive at times.It keeps you on your toes - tough to explain. I know this is not a GT4 but certainly different personalities. Having both a GT4 and a .2 GT3 in Manual would not be redundant.
Jimmy,
Thanks for sharing your perspective. What are you long term plans for the GT4? Are you going to keep both ? Thanks
JW
Old 11-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by MMH78
Hi Jimmy,
What kind of foot rest and pedals do you have? Are they aluminum?
They are from Rennline and are Aluminum. I really love aluminum pedals and did not have the chance to spec them and these were a little less expensive and certainly better looking than OEM.

They were recommended from this forum
Old 11-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by jackmac
Jimmy,
Thanks for sharing your perspective. What are you long term plans for the GT4? Are you going to keep both ? Thanks
JW
i reluctantly traded her. I have no room for 2 toys and I only get about 4000-5000 miles per year.

But - to have both in one's garage would be nirvana
Old 11-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by jlee504
those are way too pretty to put your feet on...
Some truth to that but cheaper than the Porsche upgraded mats. In the end, they are mats and will get dirty and serve their purpose - But why not look good doing s??. Like my Golf game. Dress like a Professional but the game could use some work
Old 11-21-2017, 07:22 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

On there way: They just send me pictures of finished product
Once again congratulations Jimmy! The car looks phenomenal!

I’m sorry about the Lexus but hopefully it’s replacement will be fun to get.

Thank you for sharing your experience and impressions of the car. I had a 997.2 GT3 and for me the clutch was a bit too firm. You are correct in that the clutch is significantly lighter on the 991.2 GT3. I do hope that doesn’t diminsh your ownership experience too much. Due to the increased power and already challenging nature of the car, for me the lighter clutch makes more sense. I actually find it just right. Of course it still takes some getting used to.

Enjoy the car, and keep those mats clean! They are awesome!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:43 AM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 14 Posts

On there way: They just send me pictures of finished product

nice where from?
I have the carbon fiber floor mats and they just don’t make sense to me so I’m gonna go aftermarket and set them aside
Old 11-21-2017, 10:54 AM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Icutyou
nice where from?
I have the carbon fiber floor mats and they just don’t make sense to me so I’m gonna go aftermarket and set them aside
Jimmy, those are fantastic floor mats - where did you get them? I was going to go with Rennline track mats again, but those quilted ones you have are making me waver!
Old 11-21-2017, 03:20 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Every new car i have them made. There are others here that have also had them made from the same source. You can design your own stuff

I have no association but it is from Exoticare. The Owner is Andrew. He has made mats for like 4 of my Toys. Pretty durable too.

If you want his number PM me
Old 11-21-2017, 04:20 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

Late to the party but : Congratulations Jimmy!
Enjoy it in good health!

I have no idea if this has been done or if it’s even possible,but there might be a spring in the plastic cup you see in this picture. This assembly is off a GT4 and might be similar to the GT3. If the springs are interchangeable or if you can fit a stiffer spring,it might solve the problem...

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9074...tch-pedal.html
Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2017, 04:37 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 157 Posts

Jimmy, did you get it tinted??
My dealer claiming they have to remove the LWBs to do the tint, since they don’t fold forward.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:40 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
My dealer claiming they have to remove the LWBs to do the tint, since they don’t fold forward.
. Our dealer said the same thing. Makes perfect sense as it’s almost impossible to access the inside rear area with LWB. We may get it done, and we would have our dealer remove the passenger seat. They’d take it to the tint shop - have the job done, then pick it up and re-install passenger seat.

We figure with the passenger seat out of the car they can get anywhere they need to.

So far we’ve done without tint - primarily because of having to remove a seat.

Even if someone said they could do the job with both seats in the car I’d be very leery as I don’t see how you reach the rear windows without crawling on and inbetween the LWB.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:34 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 255 Posts

I had my RS tinted and I don't think they removed the seats. Luckily he wasn't a big guy. I had my GT3 tinted as well that had buckets, that guy was a much taller individual and I ended up with bubbles..

So it really depends on how much of a contortionist your tint person is!
Old 11-24-2017, 06:54 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 664 Posts

Jlee504 - even if they can contort I’d rather not have someone squeezing through past the CF and scratching the seats or marking up the upholstery. I supposed they could do it and cause no harm but it would take someone very respectful of protecting the car. In my experience it would be a risk not worth taking.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Would welcome more comments on this. Plenty of Owners on the .1 GT3 2015/16 and .1 RS w/ Buckets and the first I am hearing this.

My windows get tinted on Monday and my Detailer never commented they would have to rermove one of the Bucket seats.

I figured they would squeeze back there and get help with some one from one of the front seats with handing them stuff

Quick Reply: The Black Stallion has landed