991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Black Stallion has landed

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017 | 04:15 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

^ It is a lease that had 4 months to go. Interesting how this works out if the car is not recovered. Insurance Company getting me a loaner on Monday. So glad for the first time my Golf clubs were not in the trunk because just came back from Golf/business trip and my clubs missed the flight so they arrived last night so never put them in
Old 11-18-2017 | 05:14 PM
ajw45
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the new car and thanks for the insights! Do you find the GT3 is quieter or more comfortable than the GT4? I'm trying to convince myself a touring with sofas would be more liveable and wife approved since the GT4 with lwbs is definitely not....
Old 11-18-2017 | 05:21 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Congrats, love the black!!
Old 11-18-2017 | 06:03 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ajw45
Congrats on the new car and thanks for the insights! Do you find the GT3 is quieter or more comfortable than the GT4? I'm trying to convince myself a touring with sofas would be more liveable and wife approved since the GT4 with lwbs is definitely not....
Same ergonomics pretty much on the inside. I had LWBs on the GT4 and now also on GT3. I think 4-ways would be fine on the GT3. Keep Wife happy-Plus- their standard seats are really good and still sporty. Also, GT3 not quieter than GT4. Certainly more louder do to different engine/exhaust- much louder actually
Old 11-18-2017 | 06:10 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

OP ~ sorry to hear about your stolen car. Hope everything works out for you and that person who stole it gets caught.

Enjoy your new GT3! It is a beauty!
Old 11-18-2017 | 06:27 PM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Jimmy, sounds like no sweat on the stolen car. Phew! Trying to imagine how crappy it would have been if it was the GT3!
Old 11-18-2017 | 08:57 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LexVan
Sorry about the stolen Lexus. Change your garage door security code ASAP.
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Already done

Thanks
Nothing to do with the code.

Hook on a wire, jam through the top of the door, release the chain and the garage pulls up.

our garage is wired on our alarm and we have perimeter sensors on our driveway
Old 11-18-2017 | 09:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Nothing to do with the code.

Hook on a wire, jam through the top of the door, release the chain and the garage pulls up.

our garage is wired on our alarm and we have perimeter sensors on our driveway
I had extra security installed for Garage this afternoon. I learned from the Police like 20 cars in the last 3 weeks have been stolen in my town and the bordering one. They use them afterwards to commit crimes where they need a get away car. They are not chopped or any thing
Old 11-18-2017 | 09:21 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Lexus getaway car... nice.
Old 11-18-2017 | 10:10 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Congrats on the new GT3, sorry to hear about the Lexus...
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 11-19-2017 | 12:44 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Congrats! Looks awesome in Black. I would go with 35% - I have darker than 35 on my Black GT4 and think it’s about perfect
Old 11-19-2017 | 01:06 AM
farisad
Rennlist Member

congrats
Old 11-20-2017 | 07:57 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Picked her up this afternoon. It was raining and 48 degrees but did not stop me for taking her out. I will only make a few comments because 50 miles means nada. The steering is very similar to my GT4 which was a step up from the .1 GT3 and I felt(GT4) was stupendous. She has way too much power for DD in any thing but ideal conditions. If you even punch her form 3000 to 4000 rpm quickly in 2nd /3rd gear your wheels are spinning. You have to show her mucho respect or you will be bitten. I get it that the conditions were not ideal and the tires new but compared to my GT4 this car has so much power that should not be street legal. Love the mid-range torque which is a huge upgrade from the .1. The exhaust certainly is louder and sounds different than the .1.. I have an RSS X-Pipe on her and I would dare not hit the Exhaust button in my neighborhood. It is pretty sick sounding. I thought my GT4 with FVD headers and their valveless sport exhaust was to die for but this kills it. I would never consider modding the exhaust for the flaps to always be open because it would be way too much.

The clutch is a big disappointment in my opinion. Way too light. The GT4 was freakin perfect. It will take some time getting used to but my mind will not be changed on this one. Shifts exactly the as the GT4 which is a good thing. I do not feel they are shorter in the .2. One thing I found very interesting is this engine smells differently than any Porsche I have owned. I am not saying it is a bad thing but I have had several new Porsches and they all smelt the same. This one has a completely different smell.

I will post pictures tomorrow but will not comment further until I have enough miles to give a more thorough review. But I can tell you this engine is "Special".

Keep in mind I have a .2 Manual and recently had a GT4 so my perspective is all manual based although also owned the .1

Been driving her more. Caught a 55 degree day in Chicago so blew off the afternoon to spend some more time feeling her out. The lighter clutch I am getting used to. It is weird. The lighter clutch works with this engine and the rev matching. The rev matching is very different than in the GT4. It holds revs big time at change and rewards perfect shifts but if your not good it lets you know it. You have to nail it when you are letting out the clutch with the right amount of gas at engagement or for a split second weird feeling. Meaning - it wants you to be really good or expects you to. You could be sloppy with the Gt4 and it does not matter where the GT3 demands more respect

It is also nice how you can put around in 3rd gear at low MPHs. The extra torque down lower has some great advantages. But this car does not want to be driven slow. For me- not as good in traffic and really not as easy to drive as the GT4 just putting around. It begs you to get on her. The GT4 is a better/great daily driver. It is completely idiot proof and you know the car is quick but it does not matter. This car has very different mannerisms. Very communicative but also a little sensitive at times.It keeps you on your toes - tough to explain. I know this is not a GT4 but certainly different personalities. Having both a GT4 and a .2 GT3 in Manual would not be redundant.
Old 11-20-2017 | 08:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

On there way: They just send me pictures of finished product

Old 11-20-2017 | 09:41 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Wink

those are way too pretty to put your feet on...

On there way: They just send me pictures of finished product

Quick Reply: The Black Stallion has landed