Sponsored by:

The Black Stallion has landed

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 05:09 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
This is killing me. Out of town and picking up car on Friday. Even changing flight to an earlier one for $500 on Friday- we are really sick individuals.

I just called the Dealer because i needed they to do a couple more things and i asked if they installed my RSS X-pipe yet. He said they did it yesterday and all the Tech guys we all standing around the car listening to it and it sounded sick.

I told my Wife to clear any thing scheduled for me this weekend. I need some alone time with our new member to our family - She hung up the phone on me
Epic...
Old 11-15-2017, 05:10 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

+1
Old 11-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 897 Likes on 569 Posts

I told my Wife to clear any thing scheduled for me this weekend. I need some alone time with our new member to our family - She hung up the phone on me
Instant Classic!!
Old 11-15-2017, 07:38 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Congrats! The silver on black look really good and a proper 6!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

This is killing me. Out of town and picking up car on Friday. Even changing flight to an earlier one for $500 on Friday- we are really sick individuals.

I just called the Dealer because i needed they to do a couple more things and i asked if they installed my RSS X-pipe yet. He said they did it yesterday and all the Tech guys we all standing around the car listening to it and it sounded sick.

I love it when a man has his priorities right.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:47 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Then I guess "Raining on my parade" is a fair comment. Meanwhile I am Golfing down here in Houston and 80 degrees. - Unreal
High was 79 today here and yesterday.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:45 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Very sharp Jimmy. Very sharp!

Enjoy it!!!!

Old 11-17-2017, 07:38 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Picked her up this afternoon. It was raining and 48 degrees but did not stop me for taking her out. I will only make a few comments because 50 miles means nada. The steering is very similar to my GT4 which was a step up from the .1 GT3 and I felt(GT4) was stupendous. She has way too much power for DD in any thing but ideal conditions. If you even punch her form 3000 to 4000 rpm quickly in 2nd /3rd gear your wheels are spinning. You have to show her mucho respect or you will be bitten. I get it that the conditions were not ideal and the tires new but compared to my GT4 this car has so much power that should not be street legal. Love the mid-range torque which is a huge upgrade from the .1. The exhaust certainly is louder and sounds different than the .1.. I have an RSS X-Pipe on her and I would dare not hit the Exhaust button in my neighborhood. It is pretty sick sounding. I thought my GT4 with FVD headers and their valveless sport exhaust was to die for but this kills it. I would never consider modding the exhaust for the flaps to always be open because it would be way too much.

The clutch is a big disappointment in my opinion. Way too light. The GT4 was freakin perfect. It will take some time getting used to but my mind will not be changed on this one. Shifts exactly the as the GT4 which is a good thing. I do not feel they are shorter in the .2. One thing I found very interesting is this engine smells differently than any Porsche I have owned. I am not saying it is a bad thing but I have had several new Porsches and they all smelt the same. This one has a completely different smell.

I will post pictures tomorrow but will not comment further until I have enough miles to give a more thorough review. But I can tell you this engine is "Special".
Old 11-17-2017, 07:44 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

I have a love/hate relationship with Black cars. But it looks perfect on your GT3, congrats!
Old 11-17-2017, 07:55 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by fastmd
I have a love/hate relationship with Black cars. But it looks perfect on your GT3, congrats!
Thanks - I actually thing the Satin Aluminum wheels is what does it
Old 11-17-2017, 08:05 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 14 Posts

Dead sexy
Old 11-17-2017, 08:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Question: Deciding between 35% or 50% Ceramic Tint all around but windshield. I am thinking 35% may be too much with a black car. I am not trying to Gangster my car. I usually do the Crystalline 40 but my Detailer is using a different product. Thinking 35 may be too much but 50 enough to cut out heat and give enough privacy

Thoughts??
Old 11-17-2017, 08:42 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
Wink

Picked her up this afternoon. It was raining and 48 degrees but did not stop me for taking her out. I will only make a few comments because 50 miles means nada. The steering is very similar to my GT4 which was a step up from the .1 GT3 and I felt(GT4) was stupendous. She has way too much power for DD in any thing but ideal conditions. If you even punch her form 3000 to 4000 rpm quickly in 2nd /3rd gear your wheels are spinning. You have to show her mucho respect or you will be bitten. I get it that the conditions were not ideal and the tires new but compared to my GT4 this car has so much power that should not be street legal. Love the mid-range torque which is a huge upgrade from the .1. The exhaust certainly is louder and sounds different than the .1.. I have an RSS X-Pipe on her and I would dare not hit the Exhaust button in my neighborhood. It is pretty sick sounding. I thought my GT4 with FVD headers and their valveless sport exhaust was to die for but this kills it. I would never consider modding the exhaust for the flaps to always be open because it would be way too much.

The clutch is a big disappointment in my opinion. Way too light. The GT4 was freakin perfect. It will take some time getting used to but my mind will not be changed on this one. Shifts exactly the as the GT4 which is a good thing. I do not feel they are shorter in the .2. One thing I found very interesting is this engine smells differently than any Porsche I have owned. I am not saying it is a bad thing but I have had several new Porsches and they all smelt the same. This one has a completely different smell.

I will post pictures tomorrow but will not comment further until I have enough miles to give a more thorough review. But I can tell you this engine is "Special".
So happy for you Jimmy! Cannot wait to see some actual pics out of the dealership.
Was it worth the 500 bucks of extra plane ticket change to see the beast : D
JW
Old 11-17-2017, 08:45 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 14 Posts

Any videos of the sound with x pipe?
im considering RSS vs GMG vs sharkwerks or leave it alone
Old 11-17-2017, 09:07 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Question: Deciding between 35% or 50% Ceramic Tint all around but windshield. I am thinking 35% may be too much with a black car. I am not trying to Gangster my car. I usually do the Crystalline 40 but my Detailer is using a different product. Thinking 35 may be too much but 50 enough to cut out heat and give enough privacy

Thoughts??
50% hands down. Otherwise it'll just look like one black blob

Quick Reply: The Black Stallion has landed