991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018 | 09:28 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by fxz
A buyer that can' t get a .2RS will get a Performante
or for half the price a .1GT3 warranted 10 years
You are all over the place - .2RS cross shopped with a GT3 to a Performante.

I don't know what other people do nor do you but when someone wants a limited car it's because they want a limited car.

The 2RS is limited - there are GT3's everywhere the local Lambo dealer has 4 Performante's for sale same thing with McLaren.

How many GT3RS did you see on the dealer floor selling at MSRP let alone the ability to order one - that's the reality.

Porsche wants their RS to be a special car sold to their special customers then you have dealers who want ADM - it's a bad time to want a special car from the Porsche factory.
Old 02-03-2018 | 09:32 AM
DK7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fxz
A buyer that can' t get a .2RS will get a Performante
or for half the price a .1GT3 warranted 10 years
who wants an ugly italian AWD car!
Old 02-03-2018 | 09:36 AM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Originally Posted by nuvolari612

I don't know what other people do nor do you but when someone wants a limited car it's because they want a limited car.

The 2RS is limited - there are GT3's everywhere the local Lambo dealer has 4 Performante's for sale same thing with McLaren.

How many GT3RS did you see on the dealer floor selling at MSRP let alone the ability to order one - that's the reality.

Porsche wants their RS to be a special car sold to their special customers then you have dealers who want ADM - it's a bad time to want a special car from the Porsche factory.
+1
Old 02-03-2018 | 10:55 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Bullseye. As a co-Viper owner, I certainly hope you get the Porsche you want. In as much as we all like the Porsche model we want to acquire, the downside of this is just as many others have stated, the demand will not outstrip the supply. Thus, buying the Porsches you want with a particular dealer establishes that "relationship." Why of course because you are a returning customer.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Old 02-03-2018 | 11:15 AM
fxz
Race Car

From: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Mr. I am a .2RS buyer
If I can' t get .2 I will get a Performante rather than an ugly salmon which btw I always skipped despite being offered at MSRP when new to figure used...
Old 02-03-2018 | 11:29 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Who knew an innocent fish was this controversial?
Old 02-03-2018 | 11:42 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carcommander
Who knew an innocent fish was this controversial?
All the fish did was exist, sigh...

Honestly, there is a lot of want for the RS - curious how many are going to drive them, or have "sudden life change" that they need to sell as soon as they take delivery.

In my head, limited production = people who drive them get them.
Old 02-03-2018 | 11:49 AM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by fxz
Mr. I am a .2RS buyer
If I can' t get .2 I will get a Performante rather than an ugly salmon which btw I always skipped despite being offered at MSRP when new to figure used...
have any of you condescending keyboard warriors even seen an RS in lava? There’s a reason Porsche chose it as the release color...it looks killer with the black bits/wheels. On a base 991 it’s not my fave. But, That being said, taste is subjective and not everyone likes all colors, but why do you have to be such crass elitists towards people who think otherwise? I Understand why Porsche drivers are considered pr**cks. That Skittles guy is a complete jag-off, FYI. Ok— now I’ll wait for him to write some witty condescending comment towards me now...Rennlist is so fun
Old 02-03-2018 | 11:51 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

[QUOTE=fxz;14774289]Mr. I am a .2RS buyer
If I can' t get .2 I will get a Performante rather than an ugly salmon which btw I always skipped despite being offered at MSRP when new to figure used...[/QUOTE

I I I I - 4 times in three sentences so let's go I for I

I went to the Performante debut in Miami because I own an SV Roadster - I chose not to buy the Performante because I was told it was unlimited.

Salmon aside let's see your cars as I don't see your credibility!

Admit my RS was for sale - barely drove it was the main reason prefer open tops. Last week I finally gave it the attention when a buyer asked for a walk around video thought why not see what this car is all about. To my surprise it proved it's worth and felt it was only slightly behind the Speciale but much more comfortable. I am keeping the RS it's as beautiful to look at as drive.

Your turn
Old 02-03-2018 | 12:00 PM
fxz
Race Car

From: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by disden

have any of you condescending keyboard warriors even seen an RS in lava? There’s a reason Porsche chose it as the release color...it looks killer with the black bits/wheels. On a base 991 it’s not my fave. But, That being said, taste is subjective and not everyone likes all colors, but why do you have to be such crass elitists towards people who think otherwise? I Understand why Porsche drivers are considered pr**cks. That Skittles guy is a complete jag-off, FYI. Ok— now I’ll wait for him to write some witty condescending comment towards me now...Rennlist is so fun

My neighbour has one lava .1RS and is not so bad
calling it salmon its a joke as calling a green GT3 a frog
(btw frogs and eggplsnts owners are more prone to
laugh than salmon ones,why???)

If some one get offended instead laughing means they are weak personalities

the point is .1RS will never be bound to .2RS
forget it,
is like saying a .1GT3 and .2GT3 are the same product

a .2RS is a .2RS...
Old 02-03-2018 | 12:05 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Skittles owns a viper car, it's like a guy in a Vesace shirt sneering at others fashion choices. lol

All my cars are crayon colored so I throw no stones.
Old 02-03-2018 | 12:15 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by consolidated
Skittles owns a viper car, it's like a guy in a Vesace shirt sneering at others fashion choices. lol

I too own a Viper - went with boring GTS-R but also have what's known as Simple Silver on my CGT.

First and last Dodge but the dealer took my order no deposit gave me the #9 out of 100 by far the best buying experience one could ever imagine.

Colors are more fun - the Voo Doo has now made me look at cars colors completely different. I feel lucky to have a PTS RS
Old 02-03-2018 | 12:28 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by consolidated

Yes I chose viper with a PTS allocation. I had the ability to choose from almost any color, and choose viper. Those SALMON cars were available to anyone. If the stubborn"meat head" used a PTS allocation for Salmon, then I understand. PAG introduces Lava as a "special" color opened to all, and some my love the color, while others wanted something new. I like guards red, I like the oranges in PTS offerings. I just don't like a hybrid color of orange ish
Old 02-03-2018 | 12:34 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

While I do not care - it's the last NA engine .1 or .2

If you don't think they will rise it's your opinion but look at the 458 Speciale that's selling above msrp and 430 Scuderia that's 100k off sticker.

The last generation of the NA will hold and rise it's the RS way - PTS add even more don't take my word it's fine but history tends to repeat itself and the RS closes out the NA. When I ordered the Viper ACR everyone said they will be at 100k in 1 year - guess what they are at 200k.

It's like good real estate they can't make more - it's the end of an era of which I am grabbing as many as possible and Porsche has way more customers than production it's the only brand I see with ADM GT cars with LE's selling for 2 - 3 times msrp there is not another brand that has this going on - ever!
I actually think a .2 Touring will be more rare than a .2RS. The touring is also the last NA manual apart from the Speedster. I could be wrong, but don’t think I am. Demand will likely be greater for the .2RS in the short term, that’s for sure.

The .2RS will be great and I am not biased to the Touring. I have never owned a 3RS, yet, so I can’t comment on the driving experience vs the Touring.

Anyone know total production numbers of the .2 GT3 and how many Touring?

Anyone painted the metal bracket of the .1 RS wing? Don’t like it in silver.

Last edited by BrntRubber; 02-03-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-03-2018 | 12:35 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fxz
Is this .1RS thread???
No. It's "hate on Salomon RS" thread. LOL. You appear to be on the band wagon. LOL

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS