Sponsored by:

Took delivery of my 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 10:57 PM
Joemat
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlecG
My dealer was very straight-forward during the process. They gave me the car at MSRP under the condition that I purchase a dealer package from them. They were very honest about it and said this package is a way for them to make a little money on the deal while allowing their customers to get their cars at MSRP.

The package included: Full vehicle in Expel, Wheel & Tire/dent/key replacement, LoJack, and Ibex. Package came to $13,000. I know the cost of this package was inflated but I didn't have a problem with this arrangement.
I think I met you at the dealership the same time I picked up my White GT3 last Saturday. Did you work out the the rear lid latch issue?
Old 10-31-2017, 11:23 PM
AlecG
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello Joe, we did meet at the dealer. Your white GT3 was stunning in person.

Yes, Jose was very apologetic. He is having the new part sent to my local dealer for installation. I was actually relieved he made the mistake and not me. I did not know about this issue with the .2 GT3's and would've done the same thing.

For those of you that don't know, the .2 GT3's now have a carbon fiber safety latch that functions to keep the rear engine deck lid open. If you try to close the deck lid without releasing the latch you will bend/break the very light and very fragile carbon fiber latch and will be out a fair amount of cash.

Be careful closing the engine lids with your new cars!!
Old 10-31-2017, 11:29 PM
Joemat
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Joe, we did meet at the dealer. Your white GT3 was stunning in person.

Yes, Jose was very apologetic. He is having the new part sent to my local dealer for installation. I was actually relieved he made the mistake and not me. I did not know about this issue with the .2 GT3's and would've done the same thing.

For those of you that don't know, the .2 GT3's now have a carbon fiber safety latch that functions to keep the rear engine deck lid open. If you try to close the deck lid without releasing the latch you will bend/break the very light and very fragile carbon fiber latch and will be out a fair amount of cash.

Love the GT silver with the satin black wheels. We had a great weather day to drive the cars from the dealer.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:45 PM
RODOLFO04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove my '08 Scuderia after driving the GT3 and it was very apparent how much progress has been made with transmissions in the last 10 years.
dream garage

you sir, have great traste

beutiful rsv4
Old 11-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never had a bike before and wanted to get a bike solely for the track. It is STUPID fast!

Well you really did jump in at the deep end if this is your first bike!! The electronics on this bike are probably rated one of, if not, the best on the market but even so that's a lot of power. Go carefully my friend and watch that addiction too - when you get the bike set up well and drag a knee through a corner I personally think it's a much better rush than tracking the car. Good problems to have.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Gorgeous car! Congratulations on it. What are your thoughts so far coming from what some consider to be the fastest you can go on a budget Z06 track car?
Old 11-01-2017, 12:35 PM
lfish
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 52 Posts

Congrats on a beautiful stable. Scarlet and Gray FTW!
Old 11-02-2017, 01:47 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

When I saw the GT2 RS at Pebble the rep was showing us the same CF lock. It's a very cool yet simple design and those who are used to the gas shocks will take some getting used to with this mechanism.

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
Well you really did jump in at the deep end if this is your first bike!! The electronics on this bike are probably rated one of, if not, the best on the market but even so that's a lot of power. Go carefully my friend and watch that addiction too - when you get the bike set up well and drag a knee through a corner I personally think it's a much better rush than tracking the car. Good problems to have.
+1

Driving a car fast is one thing but nothing beats the day at the track with a moto, esp Thunderhill. Driving the same track in a car in almost yawning. I miss those Bay Area tracks.

btw, nice avatar at Sonoma!
Old 11-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
btw, nice avatar at Sonoma!

Turn 2 off camber - treat with caution until tires up to temp!!
Can't make out where your avatar is at?
Old 11-02-2017, 07:22 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
Turn 2 off camber - treat with caution until tires up to temp!!
Can't make out where your avatar is at?
Oh no doubt! I had a few of my buddies crash out there.

My avatar is shot from the inside of T1 at Thunderhill. This was with Fun Trackdays so they got w/Joe from 4theRiders to take pics, not Dito.

I wish Dito took some pics from that location. Once the photographers moved to T1, that's when riders started dicing it more and started to late brake going into 1 .
Old 11-02-2017, 11:07 PM
grahal09
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful, the silver looks great on this one!

Quick Reply: Took delivery of my 991.2 GT3