Sponsored by:

The "Unofficial" 991.2 GT3 Production Number Stats

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 08:23 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 252 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
For good reason T is rare ... no one wants a base Carrera ... want a “street” car with loads of torque ... buy a Dodge Demon ... no need to obsess just enjoy whatever you can afford and be happy
^^ where lost meets clueless ^^
Old 02-26-2019, 09:18 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

just stop being so obsessed about how many builds and go out and drive your cars folks ... enjoy them !!
Oh Brian I'm going to own you on this one! Bought my 992.1 GT3 found it too much to daily with the Carbon buckets and sold it. Then picked up my ordered 911T in November. Its now sitting at 5,983kms with winter tires on as of my drive home today. Trust me...Oh I'm driving it.

Reason I do these stats is to show just how inaccurate the spouting mouths of those not in the know are. GT cars from Porsche are not as rare as those believe.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:12 AM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 289 Likes on 118 Posts

Builds
Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Oh Brian I'm going to own you on this one! Bought my 992.1 GT3 found it too much to daily with the Carbon buckets and sold it. Then picked up my ordered 911T in November. Its now sitting at 5,983kms with winter tires on as of my drive home today. Trust me...Oh I'm driving it.

Reason I do these stats is to show just how inaccurate the spouting mouths of those not in the know are. GT cars from Porsche are not as rare as those believe.
nothing ever said about not driving the crap out of my car and enjoying it 2800 kms thru ED and since Dec delivery ... crazy comments about delusions of collectible and value??? ... never mentioned here ... it is a thread on stats ... my comments were correct 29 Touring built to date in Canada and as per major Canadian dealers less than 10 in the pipe .. these are facts related to stats ... do people want their cars to be special “yes” for all their own reasons ... some like the idea of only so many ... period ... is a car with only 40 or so in an entire country rare ...I would say yes ... but who cares other than that owner

The real craziness is your admission that you have created a thread nefariously to put GT owners in their place and demean them ... nice ; ) ... explains the aggressive exaggerated response to my input on Touring builds (on a build number thread lol) ... You seem to have an axe to grid with 991.2 GT cars ... Great you have a T to commute comfortably in urban setting thru the winter ... what does that have to do with people who use on GT’s on Sunday’s at 6 am in coastal or rural twisty roads or track days ? Typical GT owners

Own me ... hehehehe stop please ... I am sure my wife’s Audi RS7 has both more torque and comfort than your T for its purpose and she beats the hell out of it ... GT cars (primarily track focused) and carbon seats serve a purpose ... why did you buy as a GT as daily to discover it was not suitable?? Show off, Ego ... frenzied perceptions of valuation, all the above? Porsche make 15 versions for cars and SUV’s that are better suited than a GT for you.

I love all the passive aggressive self actualized comments and unsolicited advice ... “just go drive your car go” ... “GT’s just a mass produced car” ...” this car and that car are not rare” “life is too short” lmao too funny ..... why so agitated and need to set people straight ??

Ironically you state your mission to set the “not in the know” crowd straight on rarity ... yet you turn around and state the “real rare car” is the Carrera T you own is a rare car and quote the number of builds ... wow ; ) ...
how about this ... to each their own and a healthy respect to everyone who enjoys the brand

Old 02-27-2019, 09:46 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

just stop being so obsessed about how many builds and go out and drive your cars folks ... enjoy them !!
Reference #1
Old 02-27-2019, 09:55 AM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Mocking the foolish comments and arrogance of people telling others what to do ... if people want to obsess about rarity, collectibility and values ... power to them ... they are not hurting or bothering me ... unlike yourself I do not need need to create an online thread to demonstrate and protest my agitation; ) or call them out
Old 02-27-2019, 09:56 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

The real craziness is your admission that you have created a thread nefariously to put GT owners in their place and demean them ... nice ; ) ... explains the aggressive exaggerated response to my input on Touring builds (on a build number thread lol) ... You seem to have an axe to grid with 991.2 GT cars .

Not at all...as I myself was a GT car owner (oh I hate myself sometimes...LOL). I have mates who work for Porsche or in the industry that know exactly what's going on. The frenzied craziness is such that Porsche even had to come out and say that they are not a hedge fund and their cars are not to be investment pieces. When we read Rennlist there's a ton of value threads etc. and half-truths that fuel the speculative nature of the GT car market. Here are the stats to show how many are being built and coincidentally, this helps you and your rare Canadian Touring.

But to come out and say you don't care about the stats etc is equally crazy when we look back at your posts continually telling those to stop posting about Touring stats that aren't backed up. I guess we all have a role to play...

Old 02-27-2019, 10:07 AM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

If I posted on a site (about power) that your T less torque than a GT3 or the door handles were not fabric would you not pipe in and correct the information? I agree about the frenzy at a dealer level and it is unfortunate but doesn’t bother me how people act and react ... yes I would like to think my car is not one of 15 of the same I will pass by in a given day ... but that has nothing to do with Porsche GT’s and more to do with me ... I like my shoes that same way hence I purchase when travelling. I have yet to drive a T but if I did more city driving and used often it would be high on my list as I love the ethos of simple and lightweight and anything throwback to past like the R’s and the T’s
Old 02-27-2019, 10:23 AM
Porsch
Banned

I have yet to drive a T but if I did more city driving and used often it would be high on my list as I love the ethos of simple and lightweight and anything throwback to past like the R’s and the T’s
that is some quick back-pedaling
The following users liked this post:
Bulldawgfan1000 (12-03-2021)
Old 02-27-2019, 10:27 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

If I posted on a site (about power) that your T less torque than a GT3 or the door handles were not fabric would you not pipe in and correct the information?
Totally understand. Apologies if I've come across as critical...
Old 02-27-2019, 10:29 AM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Porsch
hardly backpedaling pal ; ) ... you do have some issues perhaps a coffee next time I am in TO ... love to meet you face to face
Old 02-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Porsch
Banned

hardly backpedaling pal ; ) ... you do have some issues perhaps a coffee next time I am in TO ... love to meet you face to face
thanks for the invite but i'd be too scared to meet you in person. shaking just at the thought of it!
Old 02-27-2019, 11:23 AM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

thanks for the invite but i'd be too scared to meet you in person. shaking just at the thought of it!
oh well I offered ... take care
Old 02-27-2019, 11:27 AM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Totally understand. Apologies if I've come across as critical...
and my apologies as well tks
Old 02-27-2019, 11:34 AM
Porsches
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll meet you in TO next Tuesday for coffee - we have the (almost) same user name! lol
Old 02-27-2019, 02:09 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

So that we can get back to the numbers here is NA .2 3RS through yesterday. Only 18 built in February.

Quick Reply: The "Unofficial" 991.2 GT3 Production Number Stats